This is getting ridiculous

JustInFudge

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Horsesh*t. You are totally wrong on this. THEIR RULE states a play will only be overturned on INDISPUTABLE VIDEO EVIDENCE. What part of that do you not understand? LOL.

**** man, I'm just so ******* sick of this rigged ass game and that punk ass team getting every break. **** Brady. **** Kraft. **** Boston. **** Len Bias. **** Myra Kraft. And no Boston, your little bombing incident is not comparable with what happened on 9/11 so enough of the attempts at comparison. 

Good night.

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He had possession - there's no argument there - but he has to complete the catch - meaning he can't then bobble it when he hits the ground.  That's the rule...

It was the right call - the rule is beyond stupid but it's the rule.  Gets called pretty much every time that way.

(honestly though - had that been Gronk the call stands)

1 minute ago, Pac said:

in the last 30 years I've seen the ball get knocked out of a players hand 10 million times after they've broken the plain and it's always been a TD.. 

tonight, it's suddenly not.

I mean what in the **** is going on?!

It’s just absurd and now you’re just used it.  

11 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Possession, knee hits ground, football move, ball goes over the plane, elbow hits ground, then the ball moves. Did he need to do the worm, cabbage patch, and the robot too?

"football move" is for establishing yourself as a runner when not going to the ground.  When going to the ground, you must maintain control throughout the catch.  The ball is allowed to touch the ground IF you maintain control (i.e. it doesn't move).  The rule doesn't care whether the player was touched or not.

Here the runner was going to the ground, the ball hit the ground and moved.  Ergo, not a catch.  This is very consistently called most weeks.  If he started the catch with both feet in the end zone and the same thing happened (dropping to one knee, untouched, ball hits the ground and moved) it would just as equally not been a catch.  Similarly if it happened in the middle of the field, catch the ball, try to turn upfield but trip, fall to one knee untouched, then flop forward and ball hits the ground and moved, it also would not be a catch.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Pitt TE did not have control of the ball just like the call that went against the Jets weeks ago. 

Sorry but that is bullsh*t. He had control when the ball broke the plane. It shifted when it hit the ground and I thought the ground could not cause a fumble?

I am just so pissed off right now at what a once great game has become. This was pure and unadulterated horsesh*t plain and simple. I think it may be time to take a break from this game for a little bit.

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Do you watch The Expanse? Good Sci fi

YES!

That show surprised me how good it was. I only watched it for Tom Jane, because he's awesome, and I wasn't expecting much, as most Syfy shows look like millennial teen-drama crap on the level of CW, but it really impressed me.

Those two shows alone will have done wonders for my respect for the network.

5 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Sorry but that is bullsh*t. He had control when the ball broke the plane. It shifted when it hit the ground and I thought the ground could not cause a fumble?

Breaking the plane only matters if he was already established as a runner.  If he caught the ball at the 10, ran to the goal line, tripped over his own shoelaces and fell across the goal line, THEN lost the ball, it would be a TD.  Here he was never established as a runner.

That being said, the ground ABSOLUTELY CAN CAUSE A FUMBLE in certain situations.  If a runner trips in the open field, untouched by an opponent, and loses the ball when he hits the ground, that is 100% a fumble.

Just now, Jared said:

Breaking the plane only matters if he was already established as a runner.  If he caught the ball at the 10, ran to the goal line, tripped over his own shoelaces and fell across the goal line, THEN lost the ball, it would be a TD.  Here he was never established as a runner.

That being said, the ground ABSOLUTELY CAN CAUSE A FUMBLE in certain situations.  If a runner trips in the open field, untouched by an opponent, and loses the ball when he hits the ground, that is 100% a fumble.

He was established as a runner. No one touched him until he was in the end zone. That was a TD in every way shape and form. It is a bullsh*t rule and needs to be changed.

9 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

YES!

That show surprised me how good it was. I only watched it for Tom Jane, because he's awesome, and I wasn't expecting much, as most Syfy shows look like millennial teen-drama crap on the level of CW, but it really impressed me.

Those two shows alone will have done wonders for my respect for the network.

I just finished book 7 of The Expanse series. Watched the show finally after getting hounded by a couple of friends and was shocked at how.....smart it is a such grounded sci fi. Clunky start, but great show and the characters are awesome....I wish GySgt. Bobbie Draper was more like book Bobbie though. Got the whole fire station watching. So good....

You can argue about changing the rule if you want.  I don't really care what the rule is, frankly.  Every team plays with the same rulebook.  The important part was that he was falling to the ground.  When that occurs, you have to maintain control all the way to the ground.  He decided to risk it by lunging to the end zone while falling, and paid the price.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

in the last 30 years I've seen the ball get knocked out of a players hand 10 million times after they've broken the plain and it's always been a TD.. 

tonight, it's suddenly not.

I mean what in the **** is going on?!

Absolutely right. A bullsh*t rule that is the result of too much reliance on instant replay. Play the damn game the way its supossed to be played.

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I just finished book 7 of The Expanse series. Watched the show finally after getting hounded by a couple of friends and was shocked at how.....smart it is a such grounded sci fi. Clunky start, but great show and the characters are awesome....I wish GySgt. Bobbie Draper was more like book Bobbie though. Got the whole fire station watching. So good....

I should definitely check out the books, I just don't read as much as I used to, and it seems like most of my favorite TV shows are comic book/novel adaptations.

Ever read/watched Hap & Leonard on the Sundance channel? James Purefoy and Michael K. Williams have great chemistry in that, and I've always loved Williams since The Wire and Boardwalk Empire.

1 hour ago, Greg555 said:

Pats can now play out the season at home (4 straight games)...to get to the Super Bowl 

that play at the end ...paves the way for the Pats. Sickening.

does any other franchise have christmas eve and new years eve at home ?  Do I need to even look ?

15 minutes ago, Jared said:

What does the distance one has to travel have anything to do with it? He clearly caught the ball, brought it in, was then a runner, who only had to go a foot and then his entire body was down when he then extended his arms out to break the plain. 

He made a Football move by lunging forward and extending the ball. It was a TD.

9 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Guys checkout The Punisher on Netflix. A lot of it is filmed in parts of Queens I grew up in.

I finished that a couple of weeks ago and sill find myself re-watching a couple certain scenes on Youtube every other day.

Plus, I can't get enough of this video: (Warning: it may contain spoilers)

And I absolutely love that song.

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

What does the distance one has to travel have anything to do with it? He clearly caught the ball, brought it in, was then a runner, who only had to go a foot and then his entire body was down when he then extended his arms out to break the plain. 

He made a Football move by lunging forward and extending the ball. It was a TD.

How many times have we seen a player dive towards the endzone only to graze the inside of the pylon before going out of bounds and loosing the football, and have that called a touchdown?

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I finished that a couple of weeks ago and sill find myself re-watching a couple certain scenes on Youtube every other day.

Plus, I can't get enough of this video: (Warning: it may contain spoilers)

And I absolutely love that song.

I'm up to episode 3 so I didnt watch the video and you know what? I'm gonna go binge watch it right now because I'm so pissed at the result of todays games that if I stay on here I'm gonna wind up getting banned. Night guys.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

How many times have we seen a player dive towards the endzone only to graze the inside of the pylon before going out of bounds and loosing the football, and have that called a touchdown?

Right and I fully understand the point about the ball carrier and establishing yourself as a runner etc.  He only had to go a couple extra feet.  If he had just fell right where he caught it, he would not have scored.  

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Right and I fully understand the point about the ball carrier and establishing yourself as a runner etc.  He only had to go a couple extra feet.  If he had just fell right where he caught it, he would not have scored.  

He had possession in the air when he crossed the goal line.  No idea why that's not the rule.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yeah, it's all a big sham. It's gotten to the point where The Walking Dead has a more engaging plot than the NFL, and Negan is an eminently more likable villain than Tom Brady.

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Bad call. Of course, it wouldn’t have mattered if the Steelers weren’t a bunch of phony-tough bitches who fold like a cheap suit the second the Pats take the field, but that’s another matter entirely.

It woulda been nice if both teams could've lost. And not just loose on the scoreboard, but also in an existential kinda way.

Archived