Looks like O'Brien may be out in Houston

jetsons

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Pac said:

trading a slew of picks to move up for RG3 was a disaster..  drafting Jake Locker 8th overall, Trent Richardson 3rd overall, or Kevin White 7th overall are other examples of "disasters".

Missing on a QB in the 2nd half of round 2 is not.  period.

no amount of feet stomping by the drama queen crew changes that.

Yeah 2nd round picks are throwaways

On 12/21/2017 at 11:24 PM, Philc1 said:

So Hack wasn’t really a bust because we didn’t trade the entire farm to get him and “only” used a 2nd round pick to draft him.

Got it

No one is claiming he isn't a bust. The claim that "Hack is a disaster and is the worst pick in the last 25 years" is simply a joke.

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

No one is claiming he isn't a bust. The claim that "Hack is a disaster and is the worst pick in the last 25 years" is simply a joke.

I want Petty to pull a hammy so I can witness what Jet fans are calling the worst pick in the entirety of draft history. The hysteria over this mid 2nd pick is starting to reach ridiculous levels so I want to see for myself this white Jamarcus Russell at least play with a 1st string offense. 

The Jets once took a kicker with a 2nd round pick, a Guard from Umass that couldn't speak good English, a WR from Georgia Tech who had 11 catches the year drafted, and you guys r talking about a 2nd round QB bust? I'd rather try to find a QB in the 2nd round than miss every year since we drafted David Harris. We finally hit on Maye & no one on this site wanted him!

On 12/21/2017 at 11:55 AM, UntouchableCrew said:

Anybody who wants to bring in O'Brien because he "did well with Hackneberg" is outside their d*mn mind. Christian Hackenberg is one of the biggest mistakes in the last 25 years of this franchise. The idea that we should compound that by picking our next head coach based on him is so ludicrous I can't even wrap my head around it.

Now if you're impressed by his 31-31 record and legitimately believe he's a good coach, whatever. But Hack? C'mon people.

We picked our current HC on the notion that he could recreate the defense that flourished in Arizona. 

On 12/21/2017 at 2:31 PM, Philc1 said:

I love Macc lovers minimizing the Hack disaster 

"Disaster"!   Ha!  a late 2nd round pick. Too funny. You're a drama queen. I suppose Kellen Clemens was even more catastrophic since he was drafted 2 spots earlier in round 2 than Hack.

On 12/21/2017 at 11:24 PM, Philc1 said:

So Hack wasn’t really a bust because we didn’t trade the entire farm to get him and “only” used a 2nd round pick to draft him.

Got it

Of course he's a bust. But you are such a drama queen that you are reacting like it's a 1st round top 5 pick bust. Now *that* would be a "disaster" (your overly dramatic words, not mine).  Tell us...  were you also on the ledge when our other 2d round QB pick  (Clemens, who was picked 2 spots ahead of Crapenburg) was also a bust? Give it a rest Phil.

On 12/21/2017 at 11:40 AM, shuler82 said:

You're giving the Johnsons way too much credit. What they see is a team projected to go 1-15 this season, play relatively competitive football and win more than expected. What they're seeing on the field will have little influence on whether or not Bowles goes, considering the pre season projections.

What might (and what I'm holding out hope about) is that the fan base is disinterested. TV money aside, there's still something to be said about a half full home crowd and large contingents of visiting fans week in and week out. Forget selling PSLs, the Jets (and season ticket holders) can't unload game day tickets without taking a loss.

All fans should watch from home this Sunday. Stupid azz owner would still say ‘we had a great crowd like during the Trump inaugural speech. 

CONNOR HUGHES: I'd love the idea of Josh McDaniels, but I highly doubt the Patriots let him go to their division rival. Bill O'Brien, assuming he leaves Houston, is an interesting name, too. I could also see Jeff Fisher -- just kidding on that one. 

If the Jets don't sign Kirk Cousins in free agency, they'll draft someone. Mike Maccagnan has to get his quarterback this year. So, after picking Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield or Lamar Jackson, go get an offensive-minded coach with a background in working with quarterbacks to develop him. 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

CONNOR HUGHES: I'd love the idea of Josh McDaniels, but I highly doubt the Patriots let him go to their division rival. Bill O'Brien, assuming he leaves Houston, is an interesting name, too. I could also see Jeff Fisher -- just kidding on that one. 

If the Jets don't sign Kirk Cousins in free agency, they'll draft someone. Mike Maccagnan has to get his quarterback this year. So, after picking Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield or Lamar Jackson, go get an offensive-minded coach with a background in working with quarterbacks to develop him. 

Make Tony Romo an offer he can’t refuse. He knows the game unlike Bowles, who only knows shrimp ?.

40 minutes ago, usapaw said:

So Bill O'Brien eh? He is sh*t. Just left 3 points on the field and they turned it over to lose another 7.Yeah, he's great. If you can't convert 3x inside the 5 then you take the three. It put the game out of site.

BO'B at his best. 

3rd down and 10 inches from the end zone and your choices are;

A) QB sneak from under center.

B))  Hand the ball off to Blue or Miller

C) shotgun formation and put the ball in Yates' hands, who had yet to complete a pass btw...

Option "C" of course!

1 hour ago, usapaw said:

So Bill O'Brien eh? He is sh*t. Just left 3 points on the field and they turned it over to lose another 7.Yeah, he's great. If you can't convert 3x inside the 5 then you take the three. It put the game out of site.

better than bowles...  BY FAR.

On 12/23/2017 at 6:15 PM, BigO said:

All fans should watch from home this Sunday. Stupid azz owner would still say ‘we had a great crowd like during the Trump inaugural speech. 

Yeah, paying for tickets and not using them really hits ownership in their pockets.  

1 hour ago, Larz said:

83 yards passing 

QB guru 

Coaches just need to find their QB. Just so evident, even more so this season. 

Take the good QBs away and I’m sure we’d be questioning all the HCs to whether they’re the right choice or not for that team. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

83 yards passing 

QB guru 

Bowles is supposed to be a defensive coach and his team is in the bottom third of the league in defense with many high round picks on the team and hasn’t really improved from year to year. BOB is working with a QB who was on his couch for the majority of the season. What he was doing with Watson was more than enough evidence to give him another year. Bowles hasn’t earned anything but the door. 

9 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Bowles is supposed to be a defensive coach and his team is in the bottom third of the league in defense with many high round picks on the team and hasn’t really improved from year to year. BOB is working with a QB who was on his couch for the majority of the season. What he was doing with Watson was more than enough evidence to give him another year. Bowles hasn’t earned anything but the door. 

So one coach does well when talented qb plays and gets pass. Other without talented QB doesn’t get pass. Makes sense. 

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Nonsense.  O'brien is the king of failing at the position he's supposed to be an expert in.  Fitzpatrick, Hoyer, Mallett, giving Osweiler a billion dollars then giving the Browns a 2nd rounder to take him, Savage, Yates..  All of them played like garbage.

What "he was doing" with Watson was benching him to start the season then putting him in the game when his guy played like crap. 

No way no how do I want him anywhere near this team.  Let him go coach He Hate Me Jr. in the XFL part deux.

57 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I think you can make a better case the Jets are lucky to have Bowles than Bowles is lucky to have a job. 

The Jets have a unique blend of challenges no other franchise has;

Owner out of the country 

Same division as the cheaters 

Share a stadium and market with a franchise that is more established and popular 

Brutal beat writers 

Bad weather 

High cost of living and taxes 

No foundational players, QB, LT, EDGE 

The one positive is something many other teams can offer, cap space. 

If you fire Bowles after handing him a gutted roster and the team still plays hard after getting eliminated, nobody with options is coming here. 

We would be looking at another rookie HC with no experience. 

Don't forget, this isn't maccagnans call, they both report to ownership. 

Firing maccagnan after allowing him to gut the roster and get young just means no GM with options is coming here. 

The only way you could fire those guys and get a quality candidate is if the team imploded all the way to the to the 1st pick. 

That didn't happen. 

Well to look good on the field you have to have an actual QB. O'brien sure looked good when he had that kid ...whats his name...you know that guy the Jets passed on........you remember they picked that guy Adams instead......oh yeah DESHAUN WATSON...looked like a friggin genius then.

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

So one coach does well when talented qb plays and gets pass. Other without talented QB doesn’t get pass. Makes sense. 

Name one aspect of the actual game that Bowles has gotten better at as head coach that has directly impacted the team. 

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Nonsense.  O'brien is the king of failing at the position he's supposed to be an expert in.  Fitzpatrick, Hoyer, Mallett, giving Osweiler a billion dollars then giving the Browns a 2nd rounder to take him, Savage, Yates..  All of them played like garbage.

What "he was doing" with Watson was benching him to start the season then putting him in the game when his guy played like crap. 

No way no how do I want him anywhere near this team.  Let him go coach He Hate Me Jr. in the XFL part deux.

I didn’t say I want BOB either. I said he should get another year with the Texans. That’s all I said. 

10 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Name one aspect of the actual game that Bowles has gotten better at as head coach that has directly impacted the team. 

I didn’t say I want BOB either. I said he should get another year with the Texans. That’s all I said. 

My point was O’Brien has been nothing but average as HC for the Texans. Always finishing at 9-7 in a weak afc south. He’s basically done the same kinda job Bowles has done. His offenses haven’t even been anything special. Most fans want to move on from him. But since you saw a glimmer of what an actual QB can do...you think he should get another chance. So I guess my other point is, good QB play covers up a lot. 

Archived