Jets players say they want Bowles to return

MDL_JET

Bowles still believes the team is headed in the right direction.

“We’re going to keep fighting. Obviously, this is going to turn,” he said. “I believe we have a good core group. We just got to eliminate some of the mistakes and some situational football things, and we’re going to be OK.”

“He’s been great, he gets us prepared, he’s a good leader,” linebacker Darron Lee told Newsday. “I don’t have one bad thing to say about him. That’s how the league is. I hope he will be here next year. I foresee him being here next year and he’s a great leader, he’s a great head coach.”

“He’s the Jets’ head coach,” safety Jamal Adams said. “He’s my head coach and he’s the team’s head coach. There shouldn’t be any discussion who is going to be the head coach. It should be Todd Bowles. There shouldn’t be any indecision about how our coach is coaching us. We got to finish ballgames.”

“He does a good job as a head coach,” running back Matt Forte said. “People are going to criticize you. If you’re 9-4 or 10-3, then you would be the greatest thing since sliced bread. But we’re mathematically out of the playoffs, and lost a couple of games in a row, then everything is worse.”

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're all disregarding this but are forgetting Chris Johnson is a dweeb who wants to be buddies with the players. Reports came out how he is hanging out at the facility a lot and talking to the players one on one. Think about it. He hangs out there all the time palling around you think he wants to be the one responsible to fire their beloved never made the playoffs 5-11 HC? Hell no.

I was told by someone in the know that Bowles rips into the team on the regular. But he will never sell them out publicly. I am being serious about this, it is someone who doesn't work for the team and isn't a beat reporter with an agenda either way. Said Bowles is tough on the guys, just doesn't get into it with the media (for better or worse).

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I was told by someone in the know that Bowles rips into the team on the regular. But he will never sell them out publicly. I am being serious about this, it is someone who doesn't work for the team and isn't a beat reporter with an agenda either way. Said Bowles is tough on the guys, just doesn't get into it with the media (for better or worse).

But are the players listening or is it white noise? I mean, I watched that Rams series on Amazon show Jeff Fisher yell at the players non stop in meetings and such....didn't exactly do much.

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If he doesn't work for the team and isn't a beat reporter, then how does he have any insight on the inner workings of the locker room?

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah. He really lit a fire under Mo Wilkerson....

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

But are the players listening or is it white noise? I mean, I watched that Rams series on Amazon show Jeff Fisher yell at the players non stop in meetings and such....didn't exactly do much.

They seem to be listening. They are playing hard. I just think they aren't any good.

I am okay with Bowles getting fired. I think he will be back but he hasn't done this amazing job that makes it a no-brainer either way. I just think he has gotten everything out of this team that he could. That any coach could. They overachieved, they just aren't any good.

1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

If he doesn't work for the team and isn't a beat reporter, then how does he have any insight on the inner workings of the locker room?

Because there is a long list of people that are around the team, in sports, and non-sports roles that could provide that kind of insight. I can't say who it is, but it is someone trusted.

I thought it was good, because I don't know what Bowles is like behind closed doors. Was glad to hear he is hard on them. Because I want to yell at them 24 x 7 myself.

Just now, Warfish said:

We really need a /faceplam emoji added to our available options.  For serious.

It is on the list a lot of people have been requesting it after reading your posts. I will get to it in the offseason.  :)

14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Why is the bolded part hard to  believe?????

Real leaders do not rip guys in public; fans who want their pint of "public blood" are just not being realistic, and coaches who do that, think Mcdoofus of the Giants, aren't HCs for long!  

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah. He really lit a fire under Mo Wilkerson....

Wilkerson wasn't motivated by 17 million dollars next year. Not sure what could have saved him. I am just glad Bowles is benching people like that. Originally he wasn't. So at least it is progress.

Just now, Maxman said:

It is on the list a lot of people have been requesting it after reading your posts. I will get to it in the offseason.  :)

I'm sure you will my friend. ;)

But before you get to that, can you remind me what your preseason record prediction was?

Think TB gets a raw deal on here. Think he has done a good job with what he was given, Love how he handles the media also love that his bullsh*t answers get this whole board up in arms. On the other hand he hasn’t done anything that would make me lose any sleep if he was shown the door. 

I would’ve like to see the young QBs earlier this season but that’s easy to say from the couch and not in the locker room when there are 50 or so professional athletes trying to win

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

Real leaders do not rip guys in public; fans who want their pint of "public blood" are just not being realistic, and coaches who do that, think Mcdoofus of the Giants, aren't HCs for long!  

Well so many people were saying this wasn't the case. Which is why I asked the person the question. I wanted to clarify it more for my own knowledge more than anything else. It wasn't anything I wrote an article about, saying my sources say....but thought the point was worth bringing up here.

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Because there is a long list of people that are around the team, in sports, and non-sports roles that could provide that kind of insight. I can't say who it is, but it is someone trusted.

I thought it was good, because I don't know what Bowles is like behind closed doors. Was glad to hear he is hard on them. Because I want to yell at them 24 x 7 myself.

Is it George R.R. Martin?

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

It's hard to believe for that exact reason: it's a tested and proved method, yet we aren't seeing any results.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I'm sure you will my friend. ;)

But before you get to that, can you remind me what your preseason record prediction was?

Why don't you look it up and tell me. The only stats I write down are internal ones related to website traffic. And we have surpassed all those goals yet again lol.

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

They seem to be listening. They are playing hard. I just think they aren't any good.

I am okay with Bowles getting fired. I think he will be back but he hasn't done this amazing job that makes it a no-brainer either way. I just think he has gotten everything out of this team that he could. That any coach could. They overachieved, they just aren't any good.

This.

Better talent, better team. Period. 

I don't care much if he stays or goes as well.

The team didn't mail it in today which tells me that this team is still buying what he's selling.

He's got 2 more games to continue to convince the naysayers.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Is it George R.R. Martin?

No, good guess though.

We were told by a reporter that he posts here. I think I joked a few times about knowing his username, but truth be told I don't. Pretty cool if he really posts here though.

Archived