QB Prospects (A Lengthy List)

Warfish

13 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

If the Colts take a QB it's because they have cut Luck, if Luck is cut that likely means another QB needy team will roll the dice on him unless he retires.

The Giants are taking a QB and Eli likely won't be there next season according to sources so that would mean he's on another team which would probably not trade up for a QB.

The Cards and Broncos are competition but we have more ammo with the two 2nd round picks. There is nothing they can offer pick wise that we can't match. 

If the Colts and Giants cut bait on guys that have been the face of their franchise, what moronic team is going to accept them as anything more than the consolation prize?  The amount of ammo is one thing, but what about the GM's desire/ability to pull the trigger?  He hasn't the past 3 years.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

the question is, how much more money will the jets offer than better teams or teams with more attractive situations?

if i'm cousins, i leave the nfc, it's too competitive.  i'd go to a team in the afc, not the east, where brady probably has a few more good years left.  i wonder if denver will make a huge push for him.  i could see cousins leaving some money on the table to go to the broncos, play under elway's guidance, in a weak division where they can make a good push for a bye next year.  the defense is there.  i can't see why cousins would want to go to the jets, they have shown zero interest in offense in the past 20 years or developing qbs.

The Broncos are the 2015 NY Jets without the record to match. Aging players all over the place & high priced free agents not producing close to their salary. The Broncos arrow is heading DOWN for a couple of years. They'll be rebuilding soon. Jets without McCown & Forte  are one of the youngest teams in the league. Another good draft & free agent acquisitions and they'll be competing with anyone. The parity in this league is real. 

21 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

The Niners don't have their QB any more than the Redskins do.  UFA is UFA. Do you think Shannahan would be more comfortable with Cousins or Garoppolo?  

Luck plays for the Colts?  When?  

Jimmy G just went 3-0 with a team that was arguably worse than the browns

The 49ers are set at qb

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

The Broncos are the 2015 NY Jets without the record to match. Aging players all over the place & high priced free agents not producing close to their salary. The Broncos arrow is heading DOWN for a couple of years. They'll be rebuilding soon. Jets without McCown & Forte  are one of the youngest teams in the league. Another good draft & free agent acquisitions and they'll be competing with anyone. The parity in this league is real. 

Not really.  Thomas and Sanders are still very good receivers they just don’t have a qb.  Von Miller is still a great pass rusher and Elway actually is a capable GM

15 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

If the Colts and Giants cut bait on guys that have been the face of their franchise, what moronic team is going to accept them as anything more than the consolation prize?  The amount of ammo is one thing, but what about the GM's desire/ability to pull the trigger?  He hasn't the past 3 years.

I’ll take Luck or Eli in a second.  I’m sorry if they are no Petty or Hack

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Not really.  Thomas and Sanders are still very good receivers they just don’t have a qb.  Von Miller is still a great pass rusher and Elway actually is a capable GM

Thomas will be 30 years old & Sanders 31! That's old for NFL WRs. And they've been getting nicked up, age is a factor. There is a reason the Broncos lost 8 straight games, it wasn't JUST THE QB.

8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Thomas will be 30 years old & Sanders 31! That's old for NFL WRs. And they've been getting nicked up, age is a factor. There is a reason the Broncos lost 8 straight games, it wasn't JUST THE QB.

That’s not that old.  The broncos have another 2 years in their window they just need a qb and not even a great one

16 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't think he has much of an option this year. If he can't get a QB he'll be done sooner rather than later.

On 12/19/2017 at 8:51 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Since last year, Cousins has lost Jordan Reed (injury), Chris Thompson (injury), Pierre Garcon (FA), Desean Jackson (FA) and those guys were replaced by Pryor (who was lost and benched), Doctson (raw potential) and not much else. 

Cousins is still on pace for 4000 yards, 28-11 TD/INT. with a 66pct Comp. Pct. Cousins also has what you generally want in your QB, and that's a big chip on your shoulder. Cousins isn't the type of guy that will get his money and be content (Wilkerson). He seems like the guy that will want to prove everyone wrong the rest of his career. 

Don't get me wrong, I am all for drafting  a QB in the top 10, but if a guy like Cousins falls in your lap and all it costs you is some cap space and you get to keep your 1st/2 2nds to build a young/cheap foundation around Cousins then I am ALL for it. With our cap space, we could get Cousins/Tackle/DB and still have plenty of money left over. 

If Cousins can't be had, then you draft the best QB that drops to you at 8-10, or use the extra second round pick to help move up a couple of spots to snag whoever drops past the Giants/Browns. Personally, I think Macc knows that he doesn't have 3 years to develop a QB, so a kid like Josh Allen that probably can't start for at least a year is off the table. Baker Mayfield seems like the safer bet since he has the most college reps/experience and therefore is the most NFL ready QB in the draft. 

Cousins is a compiler. He consistently comes up small when it matters. I want mo part of him.

On 12/20/2017 at 8:02 AM, bla bla bla said:

Franchise tags are not equal to one another.

Jimmy G at $23.3M is far different than Cousins at $34M. There is no way you have watched the 49ers the last 3 weeks if you think there is any way Jimmy is not a 49er next year.

They do have to exclusive franchise tag him or they could easily lose him.

4 hours ago, faba said:

4 PM today watch Josh Allen- lets see if he can perform better in this bowl game to get a read on him

Gonna watch. But based on everything I've read, he sounds like the biggest risk out of all the QB's coming out. His accuracy, completion percentage, #of interceptions are all huge red flags.

On 12/21/2017 at 7:33 AM, Philc1 said:

I’ll take Luck or Eli in a second.  I’m sorry if they are no Petty or Hack

Wow, yeah.  That is what I have been saying all along.  We can't get another QB because of Petty and Hack.  You found me out.  Eli is 36 years old and playing worse than Josh McCown.  Luck may never throw again and has a huge contract.  Seem like great long term solutions at QB.

Archived