Jets boxed themselves into impossible corner with Todd Bowles

Ken Schroy

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If you want to think about how Macc has done as a whole, compare the team as it was when he got here and where it is now. 

That is the way to judge performance.

We should really compare him to the Jets inaugural season for academic purposes. 

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I will acknowledge that the Browns finally got it right. I've seen it so I believe it.

One of your theses here on JN is "at least we're not the Browns."  Should we be usurped in the near future by the Browns, then you'd have to acknowledge that your rallying cry was complete nonsense.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

The 2015 class headlined Jake Locker, Ryan Mallet, Mark Sanchez and Brian Hoyer, yet Tyrod Taylor and Case Keenum were part of that class.  Your genius GM had Keenum in Houston and passed on him for Fitzpatrick and Petty. McCarron and Cousins both could have been had that offseason for a 2nd-4th round pick, but our Gm wanted VALUE. You aren't counting Luck, but you are counting Eli, Smith, and Bortles who are all under contract.   If Luck gets cut the Colts are taking a QB and it will mean that Luck is either a slacker, done or both. To be fair you left Brees off that list, but that goes against the BS playing the long game excuse.

I am pretty sick of people acting like no teams have found QBs since these idiots took over.  Defense first, second and always Rex Ryan traded for Cassel and signed Taylor as soon as he got to Buffalo.  

Are you saying Tyrod, Cousins, and Keenum are all not better QBs than they were in 2015? 

You can not sit there with a straight face and say the QBs that could very well be on different teams next season combined with the potential draft class that is coming out this year is not brighter than year 1. That's totally asinine.

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

One of your theses here on JN is "at least we're not the Browns."  Should we be usurped in the near future by the Browns, then you'd have to acknowledge that your rallying cry was complete nonsense.

Well it's not nonsense in the present time that it is used. When we are "usurped" I won't use it because then it would be nonsense.

If I said "It sucks to be the Patriots" in 2000, it is still legit in that timeframe. You can't say it now, because now it's nonsense.

39 minutes ago, JiF said:

Since Big Mac has taken over...every single QB needy team in the NFL has aggressively attacked the QB market while Big Mac drafted Petty and Hack to develop yet refuses to play them, while he wasted his time with perennial losers in Fitz and McCown.  Meanwhile, every team that has aggressively tried to fix their QB problem is better for it (yes including the Browns because they own Rosen or Darnold at this point)  The only team that you can say hasn't aggressively tried attack the QB market are the Cardinals, which I guess could be argued whether they're QB needy depending on your thoughts of Carson Palmer, Drew Stanton and Blaine Gabbert.

You must not remember how terrible Rex's last year was. There was no way that team was in any position to give up a massive amount of picks with that roast. This roster and available picks they can.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well it's not nonsense in the present time that it is used. When we are "usurped" I won't use it because then it would be nonsense.

If I said "It sucks to be the Patriots" in 2000, it is still legit in that timeframe. You can't say it now, because now it's nonsense.

It sucks that I lost my leg in the war, but now that I've got a mechanical leg, it was nonsense to think it sucked back then.

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Are you saying Tyrod, Cousins, and Keenum are all not better QBs than they were in 2015? 

You can not sit there with a straight face and say the QBs that could very well be on different teams next season combined with the potential draft class that is coming out this year is not brighter than year 1. That's totally asinine.

The job of the GM is to identify talent.  Not to draft and pay sure things.  His big attempts at that have been Hackenberg, Lee and Shell.  Are we giving him an incomplete?  He is supposed to see what those players can be. 

Just now, bla bla bla said:

You must not remember how terrible Rex's last year was. There was no way that team was in any position to give up a massive amount of picks with that roast. This roster and available picks they can.

I've read this multiple times and it still makes no sense to me.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

It sucks that I lost my leg in the war, but now that I've got a mechanical leg, it was nonsense to think it sucked back then.

You're actually agreeing with me when you say that because of the sarcasm

I basically said, in your sarcasem

The Browns sucked forever, but now that they have a QB, it's nonsense to think that they sucked back then

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No, it's nonsense because as literally everyone else here states, there's not a meaningful difference between being the worst, and being really bad.  Despite you wanting to celebrate that differential.

4 minutes ago, gEYno said:

No, it's nonsense because as literally everyone else here states, there's not a meaningful difference between being the worst, and being really bad.  Despite you wanting to celebrate that differential.

Who said I was celebrating it? ONce again, a narrative is being forced upon me.

And there is a meaningful difference. There's a difference between being Iowa football (bad)  and Rutgers football (the worst)

26 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Then you made yourself an ass

You too

46 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

2014 Jets- 17.7 pts per game offensively

2017 Jets- 20.4 pts per game offensively

2014 Jets- 25.1 P/g defensively

2017 Jets- 24. 4 P/G defensively with a younger defense.

I'll take that

Sounds kind of celebratory, no?  Cause I don't particularly like a -4 ppg differential.

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

You too

Sounds kind of celebratory, no?

No. It's "Eh I'll take that" I'm not jumping for joy.

I'm not assuming anything. WEll actually that's wrong. I'm assuming that Maccagnan will in some way address the long term QB situation this offseason. Not if he will get it right or not but that he will actually address it. Because if he doesn't, he loses his job.

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Who said I was celebrating it? ONce again, a narrative is being forced upon me.

And there is a meaningful difference. There's a difference between being Iowa football (bad)  and Rutgers football (the worst)

A narrative is being forced upon me?  How weak-minded are you?

The drafts have been a joke for the Jets- hard to believe they'll figure it out. FA just gets you into more trouble. Pass rushers, QB's, LT's and CB1's dont hit the market aka the guys worth paying.
It's ok to be wrong

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

We have to keep Bowles.  If we are known as an organization who cans their GM and coaches every 2-3 years who will ever come here?  

Don’t forget our illustrious owner wanted this team to load up on free agents in year one of this regime and after year two decided to rebuild.   Idziks drafts set this organization back 5 years.  

Archived