Film Review: Week 15 Jets @ Saints

joerb31

What do you think of how Adams has been used?  He seems like he's up at the line of scrimmage a LOT, but maybe that's just normal for a SS.

Also, Maye seems to give me more confidence as a tackler.  He seems to be somewhat consistently at the knees, while Adams seems to be more often at the ankles...

16 minutes ago, thshadow said:

What do you think of how Adams has been used?  He seems like he's up at the line of scrimmage a LOT, but maybe that's just normal for a SS.

Also, Maye seems to give me more confidence as a tackler.  He seems to be somewhat consistently at the knees, while Adams seems to be more often at the ankles...

He is being used ALL over the field (which is why I actually excuse some of his bad play) he is a force player/edge/blitzer/weak side LB/SS/man on TE/playing in deep coverage. But he is most definitely being used more then most safeties around the LOS. 

In terms of tackling I agree with you. Adams misses a decent amount of tackles because he dives at ankles and RBs either jump him or just fight through the contact. So he starts a lot of tackles but the runner either falls forward for an extra 2-3 yards or Jet teammates have to clean it up. Marcus Maye has undoubtably approved in tackling. Not in terms of form, but in terms of Aggressiveness. Earlier in the year I saw Maye hesitating, wise stance and waiting for the running back to make the first move which lead to a good amount missed tackles. Now he will be super aggressive and come at runners which leads to less missed tackles.

Archived