Would you root for Brady if he ever played for the jets?

Philc1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

That was unnecessarily aggressive for someone who claims to be a Jets fan. Maybe you should have looked it up. Belichick won two Super Bowls as defensive coordinator of two Phil Simms led teams. Think about that for a second. Phil. Simms.

Asking about Beli's track record as a first time head coach with the lowly Browns is not a feather in your cap, it's a self-serving rhetorical. Sure, he didn't win much. Then again, most coaches including the holy trinity of Lombardi, Walsh and Parcells didn't win much in their first couple of years. 

Regarding Brady: how much of a role did he play defensively in stopping the greatest show on turf? Was he the one that decided to throw it from the 1 with Marshawn in the backfield? Or was he the one that came up with the int? I am pretty sure he was on the field at the end of both of his super bowl losses...didn't do much there did he? What about that pick-6 against ATL? In fact, he was awful against the Falcons...his stats may look pretty because he collected them against a prevent defense, but when the Falcons were in their base defense, Brady was awful. He needed to rely on that run game.

At the end of the day, no one is taking his 5 rings away from him, just as no one is taking away Terry Bradshaw's 4 rings, but that's not the end all, be all. 

Don't take this personal, but this is, by FAR, from top to bottom, the stupidest thing I've read online today, if not all week. 

Wow.

21 hours ago, j4jets said:

There’s your problem right there. 

Maybe you should have read my post? Since when did Belichick win two SBs with Phil Simms while coaching the Browns n Patriots?

Correction there. Calling them lowly Browns is an overstatement. It’s the same team that became the Ravens. One playoff birth in 5 seasons while stinking the other 4 isn’t something to proclaim him as a genius. He was well on his way out of NE if it wasn’t for the hit on Bledsoe.

Did u miss the part where I said Brady was clutch? Maybe so. How many GW drives has Brady had in the SBs? 

If the game was on the line and I had to pick one QB, it would be Brady. As much as I hate that sob, I know what he can do. And that’s why I hate him even more. 

So you dont want to comment on the merits of my second post, but simply want to defend your position? Cool. Have Brady. Saves the better QB for me. End of discussion.

3 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

So you dont want to comment on the merits of my second post, but simply want to defend your position? Cool. Have Brady. Saves the better QB for me. End of discussion.

Merits of your second post? You’re simply talking about 7 games out of the nearly 300 games he’s played. 7 games against SB Ds. And he still won 5. And what the hell is “House Money”? It’s the SB. Tied ball game with a minute or less to go. The opposing Ds didn’t just lay down. Oh and your genius Belichick was 5-13 before Brady took over his team and never looked back. Let that sink in. He was on the verge of being let go if Brady didn’t show up for another month or two. 

This is like the oldschool conversations about Joe Montana and Jerry Rice.  Montana wouldn't be good without Rice.  But Rice sucks without Joe and Steve.  etc etc

The fact is BB and Brady are both stupid good and universally lauded by coaching staffs around the league. I really don't even know why this is a debate at this point.

2 hours ago, j4jets said:

Merits of your second post? You’re simply talking about 7 games out of the nearly 300 games he’s played. 7 games against SB Ds. And he still won 5. And what the hell is “House Money”? It’s the SB. Tied ball game with a minute or less to go. The opposing Ds didn’t just lay down. Oh and your genius Belichick was 5-13 before Brady took over his team and never looked back. Let that sink in. He was on the verge of being let go if Brady didn’t show up for another month or two. 

Those seven games are the reason you and others consider him the g.o.a.t., no? You called him clutch, no? I'm just pointing out that the narrative is skewed.

Not sure why your panties are constantly bunched. I've said time and time again that there is no taking away the rings. Your baby boo Brady is obviously one of the biggest reasons for this dynasty. My position (backed with various examples) is simply that Belichik is the biggest reason for their combined success. If 18 games is a large enough sample size for you to talk about Belichik's pats record before Brady, then what about the 20 games that Belichick has coached without Brady when Brady was injured or suspended? Belichick and Bledsoe won the AFC championship game in '01 after the Tuck Rule saved Brady from a game losing fumble. Aside from that game, Belichick has gone 13-6 with the likes of Matt Cassell, Jimmy G in his first two starts ever, and Jacoby Brissett in his first two starts ever.

I think I have a valid position backed by valid points. To aggressively dismiss it the way you've done throughout this thread is asinine.

1 hour ago, Hael said:

This is like the oldschool conversations about Joe Montana and Jerry Rice.  Montana wouldn't be good without Rice.  But Rice sucks without Joe and Steve.  etc etc

The fact is BB and Brady are both stupid good and universally lauded by coaching staffs around the league. I really don't even know why this is a debate at this point.

Yes, how silly of us to engage in a football debate on a football discussion forum.

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Those seven games are the reason you and others consider him the g.o.a.t., no? You called him clutch, no? I'm just pointing out that the narrative is skewed.

You don’t know what clutch is. You talk about the D shutting down the greatest show on turf. That has nothing to do with Brady being clutch in the closing seconds. 

Not sure why your panties are constantly bunched. I've said time and time again that there is no taking away the rings. Your baby boo Brady is obviously one of the biggest reasons for this dynasty. My position (backed with various examples) is simply that Belichik is the biggest reason for their combined success.

And I explained to you how Belichick was fired by the Browns and was on the verge of being fired by the Pats as well. 

If 18 games is a large enough sample size for you to talk about Belichik's pats record before Brady, then what about the 20 games that Belichick has coached without Brady when Brady was injured or suspended? Belichick and Bledsoe won the AFC championship game in '01 after the Tuck Rule saved Brady from a game losing fumble. Aside from that game, Belichick has gone 13-6 with the likes of Matt Cassell, Jimmy G in his first two starts ever, and Jacoby Brissett in his first two starts ever.

How many playoff appearances in those 20 games? The one year Brady goes down, they miss the playoffs. It’s nit about 11 wins. It’s the fact he didn’t make the playoffs. Those meaningless 11 wins! 

I think I have a valid position backed by valid points. To aggressively dismiss it the way you've done throughout this thread is asinine.

Aggressively? You calling Brady my “baby boo” when I’ve stated clearly that I hate that POS (or maybe I said SOB) is probably more aggressive than me saying stop the Belichick ball washing. Seems like you’re the one with your panties in a bunch. 

21 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Yes, I would root for him.  I root for him to get a career ending injury every week.  Why would him coming here be any different?  **** that cheating POS!

NAILED IT!!!! I would be rooting HARD for Bernard Pollard to be lining up in front of him the first game that fradulent scumbag lined up. Preferably in the preseasopne 

29 minutes ago, j4jets said:

You don’t know what clutch is. You talk about the D shutting down the greatest show on turf. That has nothing to do with Brady being clutch in the closing seconds. 

Yeah you know what? your right! It all comes back to CHEATING AND FRAUD!!!! Only thing that gives them the jokably ridiculous title of false success. They are a joke without cheating and ref rigging front to back top to bottom Brady to Belicheat. PERIOD. 

26 minutes ago, Hitman Harris said:

Yeah you know what? your right! It all comes back to CHEATING AND FRAUD!!!! Only thing that gives them the jokably ridiculous title of false success. They are a joke without cheating and ref rigging front to back top to bottom Brady to Belicheat. PERIOD. 

Well, yeah. 

Archived