Daryl Strawberry - A sports hero

nycdan

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/darryl-strawberry-reveals-he-used-to-have-sex-between-innings-of-games/ar-BBH7Scw

It’s no secret that former Mets star Darryl Strawberry has long battled with a substance abuse problem, but we now know that drugs weren’t the only vice he had an affinity for.

Strawberry, who was suspended three times by MLB for violating its substance abuse policy, and was also arrested in 1999 for possession of cocaine, recently came out and admitted he was also addicted to sex. He recently sat down with Dr. Oz and opened up about some of the details stemming from his addiction and revealed that he used to have sex with women in the team’s clubhouse between innings of games.
“I would go between innings, and stuff like that and run back and have a little party going on,” Strawberry said, via TMZ Sports. “You know, I thought it was pretty cool. That was just the addiction, the drive.”
The former Mets slugger also added that his teammates used to cover for him, so it’s clear that they were aware of it.

They don't make 'em like they used to...

9 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

In the end, the dude cheated his fans and those who paid good money to come to the ballpark to watch him

Can't think of a bigger waste of talent (including Doc)

Hope he is duly ashamed but I doubt it

The sports world is so riddled with guys with God given talent who wasted it.

and yes of course Gooden.

Doc and Daryl were baseball for me as a kid.  It was right when I got into playing baseball and loving the sport.  We were still in Long Island and all I wanted to do was watch Doc and Daryl.  My mom used to work for Steve Zabriskie and I got to meet them.  Pictures, autographs.  I was literally obsessed.  I somewhat blame my own down falls in life on them because my idols ending up being crack heads.. 

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

The sports world is so riddled with guys with God given talent who wasted it.

and yes of course Gooden.

Gooden was drugs of course.  He also threw over 700 innings in MLB by the time he was 21.

Imagine if Mickey Mantle showed up more often without a hangover.

Anyone watch the 30 for 30 on Doc and Darryl from last year?

Darryl seems like he's finally turned his life around, which is great to see.  He's also paying it forward and taking the opportunities to help others who are dealing with drug problems.

Doc, however, is another story.  He still looks terrible to this day.  

• 1 month later...
On 12/29/2017 at 7:11 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Anyone watch the 30 for 30 on Doc and Darryl from last year?

Darryl seems like he's finally turned his life around, which is great to see.  He's also paying it forward and taking the opportunities to help others who are dealing with drug problems.

Doc, however, is another story.  He still looks terrible to this day.  

I am amazed Doc is alive.

He was so talented.   Mets killed his arm, by the time he was 22 he was not the same guy.  I'm a Yankee fan, but I remember him, and how freakishly dominant he was.  He won a Cy Young before he could legally drink, won a WS in NYC at 21.  How many people, regardless of their upbringing could have handled that?

Archived