Allen at Jets qb expectations

kevinc855

We are not getting Darnold or Rosen at 1 and 2. Get over it, browns and giants are not trading out. With that said it’s betwen mayfield or Allen and most have Allen more highly rated ( still skeptical since Wyoming plays crap teams but ok). If we trade up and snag him at 3 from bears or colts what is our expectations next year? I mean we need to still get this man help but with the current roster and Allen what are the Jets next year? Playoff contenders? Just curious to hear all your opinions. Jet up! 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giants aren’t even a lock for the #2 pick.

i really don’t understand why you think the Colts can’t secure that spot. The Giants played a good game last week. Manning isn’t going out without some pride to take with him. But if it’s Allen or Mayfield, I want Mayfield all day, every day. Give me moxie and accuracy over arm strength and body size.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Giants aren’t even a lock for the #2 pick.

i really don’t understand why you think the Colts can’t secure that spot. The Giants played a good game last week. Manning isn’t going out without some pride to take with him. But if it’s Allen or Mayfield, I want Mayfield all day, every day. Give me moxie and accuracy over arm strength and body size.

Let’s see if the colts win today 

10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

We are not getting Darnold or Rosen at 1 and 2. Get over it, browns and giants are not trading out. With that said it’s betwen mayfield or Allen and most have Allen more highly rated ( still skeptical since Wyoming plays crap teams but ok). If we trade up and snag him at 3 from bears or colts what is our expectations next year? I mean we need to still get this man help but with the current roster and Allen what are the Jets next year? Playoff contenders? Just curious to hear all your opinions. Jet up! 

I think if we trade up for Allen, Josh McCown will start ~12 games for the Jets next year and Bowles will be replaced at the end of the year by whomever happens to be coaching the Eagles wide receivers at the time, who will then decide he wants Nick Foles to be his starter.

11 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I think if the team trades up for Josh Allen and drafts him at number 3, then they’re in for another down 4-5 season with another massive front office overhaul. So it’ll probably be done. 

I don’t want Allen but I can tolerate drafting him at 9 or 10 NOT trading up for him that would be a Ryan Leaf-esque blunder

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t want Allen but I can tolerate drafting him at 9 or 10 NOT trading up for him that would be a Ryan Leaf-esque blunder

I’m of the mind that project QBs shouldn’t be taken before the third round. I only see three QBs worth an actual first round grade in this draft. If they don’t get one of them, reaching for a bad one is not a great idea. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I’m of the mind that project QBs shouldn’t be taken before the third round. I only see three QBs worth an actual first round grade in this draft. If they don’t get one of them, reaching for a bad one is not a great idea. 

I don’t want Allen either and I find it troubling idiot Hack writers like Mehta who are just mouthpieces for this inept franchise  are running around talking him up now and how we should take him over Lamar Jackson and sign Teddy freakin Bridgewater who wasn’t good before almost getting his leg amputated 

If we trade up for Allen forget about being a Giants fan I will become a huge New England Patriots fan

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t want Allen either and I find it troubling idiot Hack writers like Mehta who are just mouthpieces for this inept franchise  are running around talking him up now and how we should take him over Lamar Jackson and sign Teddy freakin Bridgewater who wasn’t good before almost getting his leg amputated 

If we trade up for Allen forget about being a Giants fan I will become a huge New England Patriots fan

You are one of the guys who loves to complain and doesn’t offer solutions! What would you like the jets to do at the qb position? 

57 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Is Bowles is still HC we won't see our rookie QB play unless the Jets are eliminated from the playoffs , causing the board to be flooded with numerous bust , redshirt and etc... posts. 

56 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Bye!

23 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Regardless of who we draft we need to have a  HC in place that will grow with a rookie QB, Todd Bowles prefers old loser washed up veteran QB's

he can't play old loser washed up veteran qb's  if Mac doesn't sign them.

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Ahh yes let’s just continue to tank for the next 10 years! Sounds like a plan!!

"Continue to tank"?  We haven't tanked yet.

And that's why I won't care if Macc and/or bowles is fired.  We shouldn't have had more than two wins this year.

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

2-14 if we draft Allen and he starts.

3 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Is Bowles is still HC we won't see our rookie QB play unless the Jets are eliminated from the playoffs , causing the board to be flooded with numerous bust , redshirt and etc... posts. 

not for nothing but mac could force the issue by not signing a vet back up.  if they do draft one of the highly rated prospects all he has to do is not sign anyone else and force bowles to make do with petty/hack or ?

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

not for nothing but mac could force the issue by not signing a vet back up.  if they do draft one of the highly rated prospects all he has to do is not sign anyone else and force bowles to make do with petty/hack or ?

Then Bowles gameplan would be run run run into 8 and 9 man fronts. Bowles will not change his philosophy , its how he was taught football , its just that, that style of game is no longer favored in the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Then Bowles gameplan would be run run run into 8 and 9 man fronts. Bowles will not change his philosophy , its how he was taught football , its just that, that style of game is no longer favored in the NFL. 

not for nothing this is still sound football strategy.  the problem is the jets have little oline help at the point of attack.  when both sanche or fitz were qb's the team did much better if they were limited to about 25 pass attempts per game.  once they started to sling the ball things went south very quickly.

the other problem is the college game relies much more on passing than it used to so the oline prospects don't have the run block skill.

Sure its sound strategy if you have the Bears 46 defense or you have the Cowboys Oline and Zeke toting the rock. Its not sound strategy when you have a mediocre Oline and Powell/Forte/Mcguire as your Rb's . Bowles is just the next in line of defensive minded HC's the Jets have employed who believe they are playing mid 70's NFL football.

Mac could hand Bowles a gunslinging Qb and 3 wr's who run 4.4 and Bowles would still prefer to run the ball win the TOP and have his defense carry the team - its whats ingrained in him to do. 

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

What if, and a BIG what if, both Rosen AND Darnold tell the Browns they won’t play for them. Darnold has leverage as he can say he won’t come out but Rosen I believe has none. 

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Sure its sound strategy if you have the Bears 46 defense or you have the Cowboys Oline and Zeke toting the rock. Its not sound strategy when you have a mediocre Oline and Powell/Forte/Mcguire as your Rb's . Bowles is just the next in line of defensive minded HC's the Jets have employed who believe they are playing mid 70's NFL football.

Mac could hand Bowles a gunslinging Qb and 3 wr's who run 4.4 and Bowles would still prefer to run the ball win the TOP and have his defense carry the team - its whats ingrained in him to do. 

Bowles idea of a high powered offense is a sh*tty defense. 

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

"Continue to tank"?  We haven't tanked yet.

And that's why I won't care if Macc and/or bowles is fired.  We shouldn't have had more than two wins this year.

Yep cutting decker mangold Marshall etc and signing a 38 year old journeyman qb who won 2 games in like his last 20 starts was def mac trying to win. 

Archived