Sign Kirk Cousins, Draft Barkley

Pac

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Cousins beat Seahawks on the road B4 all of their injuries, he just threw for 300 yards & 3 TDs against the Broncos who dismantled the Jets, held them to zero points & 100 yards of offense WITH our supposed best QB at the helm. Seriously, Jet fans are retarded.

Thank you!!

So many of us are like "why would we want a quality QB who we know can succeed in the NFL, when we can get an unknown quantity and MAYBE develop a QB over three years who might be just as good?"

This is sound logic why?????

I know since the Jets have drafted and developed scores of quality NFL QBs over the years, from the Bollingers, Smiths, Sanchez,  Clemons, and so on over the years, why just look at the record!

No the either or mentality is totally suspect; we need to do both!

Why in the world based on the injuries that we have seen at the QB position in the NFL this year, and the quality back-ups on many of those teams would we set up the Jets to have only one quality QB????

The either or madness is something I hope that the Jets avoid at all costs this year; finally!!

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

If they go after a veteran, Alex Smith intrigues me. I don't think he is really available, but I would call

I think Mayfield is our only realistic chance at drafting a QB.  After QB, oline has to be the priority. 

Save those picks and trade up for a QB. 

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Cousins beat Seahawks on the road B4 all of their injuries, he just threw for 300 yards & 3 TDs against the Broncos who dismantled the Jets, held them to zero points & 100 yards of offense WITH our supposed best QB at the helm. Seriously, Jet fans are retarded.

Cousins is a very good QB and with the right supporting cast could be an MVP quality QB and certainly good enough to win a super bowl if clowns like flacco and Eli can do it.

Is he a talent like elway, Peyton, Brady? No, but cousins is likely the best QB this Franchise has had since Namath. 

Sign me up!!!

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Would you like to hear my plan 

1 hour ago, Pac said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=39cf8ad10baac159giphy.gif

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Come on it’s really good and I guarantee you’ll end up thinking so, too

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

giphy.gif

MY GOD Pac-Man! Ask him for his plan! The Jets future success rides on Tomshanes master plan and you are playing games?!?!?!?!

15 hours ago, BigO said:

I’d have to agree with you but not on your points concerning Cousins. We lack quality talent and Cousins would just be a bandaid. Not worth the huge price tag at this point. And I hesitate, aren’t you the one who wanted Glennon and Geno? Uhhhhhggg

Actually, no. I wanted Glennon. Regarding Geno, i simply wantef to start him over wasting a year (which ended up being 2 years) playing Fitz.

Id still take Glennon today.

2 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Save those picks and trade up for a QB. 

Yeah if I'm betting on it, nothing happens with Smith, darnold stays in school, Rosen goes #1 but Mayfield is there for us 

I didn't like Mayfield at first, but everything I have read he is growing on me. 

I have read numerous articles that this is the year to grab a QB 

I think if we keep Morton and bates that they can develop a rookie 

On 12/24/2017 at 10:44 PM, Villain The Foe said:

Got to disagree there. Folks get caught up in stats too much when it comes to Cousins.

I cant think of one signature win for Cousins. I can point to a few games where the Redskins needed it and loss. 

Cousins wasn't even a contender in the nfc east. 

No need to Take Barkley in the top 5 either. For every Elliott drafted there is a Howard or Hunt in the same draft taken a day or two later. 

Draft Mayfield and olinemen

Geno Smith.

23 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Contenders typically have qb's that can produce signature wins. 

Cousins has been paid handsomely over the past couple years, yet i cant recall any signature wins.

This would be the most exciting jets team and would be the best qb we've had since Favre, but "contender" is too strong a word to be using imo.

He needs to prove that he can win big games. Still has yet to do that. 

Mike Glennon.

On 12/24/2017 at 10:44 PM, Villain The Foe said:

Got to disagree there. Folks get caught up in stats too much when it comes to Cousins.

I cant think of one signature win for Cousins. I can point to a few games where the Redskins needed it and loss. 

Cousins wasn't even a contender in the nfc east. 

No need to Take Barkley in the top 5 either. For every Elliott drafted there is a Howard or Hunt in the same draft taken a day or two later. 

Draft Mayfield and olinemen

Mayfield has maybe a 10% chance to ever be as good as Cousins and it would take him 3 years to get there, so I prefer the original scenario. 

On 12/24/2017 at 11:27 PM, Villain The Foe said:

Contenders typically have qb's that can produce signature wins. 

Cousins has been paid handsomely over the past couple years, yet i cant recall any signature wins.

This would be the most exciting jets team and would be the best qb we've had since Favre, but "contender" is too strong a word to be using imo.

He needs to prove that he can win big games. Still has yet to do that. 

I'm willing to give Cousins a shot.  What better way to spend our $90M than a top 10 QB.

4 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Mayfield has maybe a 10% chance to ever be as good as Cousins and it would take him 3 years to get there, so I prefer the original scenario. 

10% Based on what exactly? Mayfield has defied the odds since entering college. 

He's the first true freshman walk-on to start a season opener, then ends up being the rookie of the year. 

He's a mulitple time Heisman finslist, he swept every award this year, something a walk on has also never done, and he's a 2 time all American. 

And in terms of college production rhe stats arent even close. They both played 4 years yet baker has 50% more yards, double the amount of TDs and 1 less int. 

Based on my position, Mayfield seems to be on a trajectory that could be atleaet as productive as cousins. You give Mayfield a similar type offense as the redskins with a solid TE and he will find a way to be just as good or better.

24 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

A truly dumb team and organization......

And that would fit the bill to a tee In Washington.   

Or maybe, just maybe that organization tagged him twice and still have yet to get a signature win from him when they needed it. 

Got to look at both sides. They didnt just let him walk. 

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Or maybe, just maybe that organization tagged him twice and still have yet to get a signature win from him when they needed it. 

What is a signature win? When did this become a thing? Are the Jets’ options pray a QB prospect falls or wait ‘til next year? Now they’re in a position to turn down legitimate QBs based on not having the right kind of wins?

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Which of the 5 total wins in 4 years was the signature win for Glennon?

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

My friend Ryan Fitzpatrick had several “signature” wins when he was in Buffalo; how’d did that work out? That is why they gave him a big contract!

Again Sanchez had many signature wins; do we want him back now?

No sometimes a QB like a Steve Yomg on a Tampa Bay is in a situation  that he can’t win signature games, but that doesn’t mean that the 49ers were dumb for acquiring him.  

The Jets acquiring Cousins is a long shot IMO but that wouldn’t mean that over all he wouldn’t be the most talented, intelligent and young QB that we have had on the Jets in literally a generation, signature wins or not.  

Archived