Jets Draft Position Possibilities (probably 6th)/Rooting Guide

Doggin94it

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Scott Dierking said:

You said that MAcc will try to sell the fan base on Bridgewater and Savage? You said you would be willing to bet money on this?

Ok, go.

I’ll maybe bet about the first round qb if we lose next week.  Josh McCown and Rya Fitzpatrick might seduce the idiot Macagnan 

3 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Heading into tonight, the Jets could end up picking anywhere from 4th (highly unlikely) through 12th (equally unlikely). If I had to bet, I'd put money on 6th. Here are the possibilities:

If the Jets lose to NE:

4th: (a) Houston beats Pittsburgh today, Indy next week + (b) Tampa beats NO week 17 AND the Jets have a better end of season SoS than the Jets + (c) Denver beats KC week 17 + (d) SF wins against LAR OR SF has a better end of season SoS than the Jets

5th: Any 1 of those things does not happen

6th: Any 2 of those things don't happen

7th: any 3 of those things don't happen

8th: None of those things happen

If the Jets beat NE:

8th: if (a) the Bears win + (b) SF wins AND (CHI & CAR) combine for one/two more wins [depending on Hou v. Pit outcome] than (CLE & JAX) + (c) CIN beats Baltimore + (d) Oakland beats 1 of the Eagles or Chargers

9th: Any one of those things doesn't happen

10th: Any 2 of those things don't happen

11th: any 3 of those things don't happen

12th: None of those things happen

SoS note: as of right now, the teams the 49ers played have 124 wins; Jets played have had 125 wins; and the teams the Bucs have played have 126.  SF played both Houston & Philly, and the Bucs played Philly, so the SoS situation heading into week 17 will change depending on what happens tonight.  Because all week 17 games are divisional, the only thing that will impact final SoS is the outcome of each team's own game (a loss to the Pats adds 2 victories to the Jets' opponents' year end victory count) and its "+2" games.  For the Jets, the +2 teams were Jax & Cleveland.  For Tampa, it's AZ & NYG.  For SF, it's Car & Chicago.

The following SoS rankings are locked in:

Bengals will have the worst SoS of all teams that can end the season with 4, 5, or 6 wins; Denver & the Raiders will have the second & third worst SoS of those teams, in some order; Texans will be 4th worst.  The Jets CANNOT win a SoS tiebreaker against any of those teams.

The Jets, SF, & TB will finish next in some order - their SoS will depend on the remaining games

The Bears and Dolphins (in some order) will be next - The Jets CANNOT lose a SoS tiebreaker against either of those teams

As I said, if I had to bet, I'd put money on the Jets picking 6th - Hou and TB stay ahead of the Jets, but the Jets lose, Denver wins (KC will be resting) and SF wins or ends the season with a stronger SoS

That would give the Jets a shot at either Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield. Rosen goes number one to Browns and gets traded to Giants for rights to Darnold and a pick or two. Indy will likely take a QB given that Luck may be done and Bristett looks like a solid backup, so that leaves the Jets taking BAKER MAYFIELD!!!! 

7 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Na not Bozo, we are signing him in free agency, on a 4 year $80 mill contract.

We been signing Bozo's for years and choosing them as GM's and HC's 

Ringling Bros circus might be out of business but the NY Jets are open for business. 

Our latest attraction is the bearded HC. 

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Minnesota is another team locked into the playoffs so they may sit players as well. Then you have Jacksonville in a division game with Tenn. Jax has a good chance.. it sure if they are already in the playoffs or not. Cleveland will lose..and Houston/Indy is a good toss up of suckage. Most things SHOULD break our way..except Cleveland beating Baltimore. 

Minnesota is going to be fighting for a 1st round bye, so they aren't sitting their players

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

We have a QB who actually looks worse than he looked when he posted a 3-8 td:int ratio. Lol we aren’t beating Hoyer. 

Normally I would peg this last game as the Jets winning because it's totally pointless and well, that's just what they do. But with Petty back there..I think we actually have a chance to come away with the L this time!

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Thanks for doing this legwork. Sixth is an interesting spot, because it puts Rosen in play if the Giants and Browns pass on him. It’d make Darnold’s decision to come out incredibly important to the Jets.

Yep, the Darnold decision is going to be hugely significnt. The other thing to bear in mind is that between now and then there will be major risers and major fallers...the next 4 months are going to be interesting 

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

Normally I would peg this last game as the Jets winning because it's totally pointless and well, that's just what they do. But with Petty back there..I think we actually have a chance to come away with the L this time!

raw

Steelers beating the Texans this afternoon (and they are up 21 in the 4th) means that New England still needs to win next week to lock up home field throughout the playoffs. We will be facing Brady and a Pats team that needs a win.  Bryce Petty is not going into Foxboro and beating Brady/Beli in a game they need to win.

5-11. 

No worse than 8.

54 minutes ago, Lith said:

Steelers beating the Texans this afternoon (and they are up 21 in the 4th) means that New England still needs to win next week to lock up home field throughout the playoffs. We will be facing Brady and a Pats team that needs a win.  Bryce Petty is not going into Foxboro and beating Brady/Beli in a game they need to win.

5-11. 

No worse than 8.

Not great. But not terrible. 8th will be perfect the best guard in the draft. Get it done. 

I just read this whole thread and the best post in it was the Jews do on Christmas one. Gotta say it really doesn't matter where the Jets pick when Macchole is the one making that pick. No trading up, BPA will prevail, and there's a pretty good chance we will all be scratching our heads come draft day. You know the usual.

Archived