Jets Draft Position Possibilities (probably 6th)/Rooting Guide

Doggin94it

I was betting on picking 9th, if we pick 8th or better than it's a plus. I think there is a really good chance we trade up to #1 overall and the Browns will draft Allen/Mayfield/Jackson at #4. Neither QB will say they don't want to go to the Browns but Cleveland will know they need to trade out of the first pick.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maccagnan will sign Bridegwater, Foles, Smith or somebody like that in March, thereby making him less inclined to either move up for Rosen or Mayfield. He'll then pick theproverbial BAP, undoubtedly not a premium position. So you will be looking at 2-3 years of  of this retread QB or that, and then back on the treadmill of mediocrity. Heck, if you could bet on this as a prop in vegas, it's a lock

And if Cleveland is the Factory of Sadness, this is the Home Office of Mediocrity.

Oh, and by the way; we get a front row seat of our noses up against the glass to watching Rosen or Darnold bloom in blue.And if somebody, anybody at said Home Office had simply embraced The Suck of tanking, this could have been us. These are the 5-6 most pointless wins in NFL history. 

17 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I was betting on picking 9th, if we pick 8th or better than it's a plus. I think there is a really good chance we trade up to #1 overall and the Browns will draft Allen/Mayfield/Jackson at #4. Neither QB will say they don't want to go to the Browns but Cleveland will know they need to trade out of the first pick.

No way Macchole trades up to #1. No way in hell he does it. Cleveland wants a QB. If those guys don't want to play there I see them maybe flip flopping with the Giants but they will take Rosen or Darnold provided Darnold comes out.

16 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Maccagnan will sign Bridegwater, Foles, Smith or somebody like that in March, thereby making him less inclined to either move up for Rosen or Mayfield. He'll then pick theproverbial BAP, undoubtedly not a premium position. So you will be looking at 2-3 years of  of this retread QB or that, and then back on the treadmill of mediocrity. Heck, if you could bet on this as a prop in vegas, it's a lock

This will make me quit the Jets forever. I'm not even kidding.

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

This is exactly what all the real fans rooted for, you know, because die hard and piety and stuff.

So far so good.  Team has been in every game and the younger guys have learned from a true professional in McCown.  Next year is 10 wins or bust.  

Future still bright from where I'm standing.

14 minutes ago, Pac said:

So far so good.  Team has been in every game and the younger guys have learned from a true professional in McCown.  Next year is 10 wins or bust.  

Future still bright from where I'm standing.

Look, the way the NFL is set up, by design, teams are usually because of parity "in the game". it's a given, a reality. how things happen. The score starts 0-0.Yesterday was a perfect example; close scoreboard wise all day, but really the outcome wasn't much in doubt. It's like some Aztec shaman taking credit for appeasing the gods by throwing a young lady into the volcano to get the sun back after the eclipse.The sun was coming back anyway.

2 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Maccagnon is going to sit on his hands and let other teams trade up in front of him for Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield. He will then draft a defensive player (obviously) and sign Carson Palmer. Oh and the mid tier QB in the 3rd round.

This is what is going to happen.

Let's say the Jets pick at 6th (although the point is similar if they pick 8th).

That would mean that over the last 4 drafts, the Jets picked 6th in 3 of them.  That is unbelievably pathetic.  I think that is the bigger point here.

10 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

Darnold will be a Jet. 

Browns can either trade the #1 to us or watch Sam Darnold play for the San Diego Border Jumpers in the XFL MkII.

Facts and reason ? Couldn't be bothered, it would be out of place around here anyway. Merry Xmas.

Would love to see it happen. Would change things for the better dramatically. 

22 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Look, the way the NFL is set up, by design, teams are usually because of parity "in the game". it's a given, a reality. how things happen. The score starts 0-0.Yesterday was a perfect example; close scoreboard wise all day, but really the outcome wasn't much in doubt. It's like some Aztec shaman taking credit for appeasing the gods by throwing a young lady into the volcano to get the sun back after the eclipse.The sun was coming back anyway.

The outcome wasn't in doubt because Petty was playing.  It would have been a W with McCown.  That's not really the point anymore because this is about next year.

You think they'll draft defense with their first pick after signing Bradford, Savage or Bridgewater.

I think that's beyond silly.  What will happen is they'll either sign Cousins or draft a QB with their first pick.

In a couple months we'll see who was right.

10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

We beat Brian Hoyer next week 6-3,UnitedWhofans, Jet Nut and Canadasteve and the rest of the Macagnan apologists jump for joy while we fall to picking 12th overall

All the excuse we need to draft Denzel Ward or a DT

STFU moron.  You're the worst poster in the history of sports, don't bring anyone into your trolling world.  

Apologist?  Keep posting shlt that is wrong in every which way.  Damn, you're annoying as all hell. 

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

And if Cleveland is the Factory of Sadness, this is the Home Office of Mediocrity.

Oh, and by the way; we get a front row seat of our noses up against the glass to watching Rosen or Darnold bloom in blue.And if somebody, anybody at said Home Office had simply embraced The Suck of tanking, this could have been us. These are the 5-6 most pointless wins in NFL history. 

Since we do not control our own destiny in the draft (meaning if we LOVED 3 QBs, we still may not be able to get them if teams ahead of us want them and/or other teams are willing to give up far more in a package), so Macc will almost certainly sign a vet. Whether that's Mccown/Bridgewater/Keenum/Bradford etc.., it will only serve as an insurance policy. The bears signed Glennon but that didn't stop them from drafting Trubisky. 

The only players I could see them signing that would negate our chances of drafting a QB is Cousins since he would be given franchise money off the bat. 

As for tanking, I think we did about as much as we can do to win as few games as possible. We got rid of a ton of vets, we shed a ton of cap space, we brought in a journeyman QB with very little success and just found a way to win some games. Could we have started Petty/Hack all year in an attempt to REALLY tank, I guess, but Head Coaches don't do that. And while I LOVE Darnold, I wouldn't be stunned if Allen or Rosen or Mayfield end up being better Pros. So we still have a very good shot at a franchise QB this offseason whether it's Cousins or a rookie. 

As for tanking, I think we did about as much as we can do to win as few games as possible. We got rid of a ton of vets, we shed a ton of cap space, we brought in a journeyman QB with very little success and just found a way to win some games. Could we have started Petty/Hack all year in an attempt to REALLY tank, I guess, but Head Coaches don't do that. And while I LOVE Darnold, I wouldn't be stunned if Allen or Rosen or Mayfield end up being better Pros. So we still have a very good shot at a franchise QB this offseason whether it's Cousins or a rookie.

Anyone remember the great Kellen Clemens vs Mark Sanchez competition? Neither of them had a full year experience. Mike Maccagnon should be raked over the coals for signing Mccown for 7mill instead of just letting Petty vs Hackenberg play out. Playing a 38 year old to eek out more wins is the worst thing you could do and the idiot did it.

31 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

With the Eagles beating the Raiders the Jets are now tied with the exact same SOS as the 49ers.

Yes, but the the 49ers play the Rams next week who don't have a better record than the Pats. So if they don't win next week, their SOS will be lower then ours. So for all intents and purposes, we're still at the 8th spot

1 hour ago, King P said:

Yes, but the the 49ers play the Rams next week who don't have a better record than the Pats. So if they don't win next week, their SOS will be lower then ours. So for all intents and purposes, we're still at the 8th spot

The SOS is calculating full season schedule not only teams played up until this point. Rams weaker win pct is already calculated the full season schedule SOS is tied. Tiebreaker will be determined fully by results of next weeks games.

Also since teams are playing division rivals the SOS difference will be based on 2 match ups for each team.

Jets: Browns @ Steelers, Jaguars @ Titans

49ers: Bears @Vikings, Panthers @ Falcons

Bold is who we want to win

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Bad news is, at 8, we miss out on the QBs. The good news is, at 8, we can get some weapons for Jamal Adams. 

Todd Bowles will be stroking himself already, at using the top pick on Corner. The Draft conference, all sat round the table, with Mick Maccagannan telling everyone how Minkah Fitzpatrick was a steal on this BAP chart.

5 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Since we do not control our own destiny in the draft (meaning if we LOVED 3 QBs, we still may not be able to get them if teams ahead of us want them and/or other teams are willing to give up far more in a package), so Macc will almost certainly sign a vet. Whether that's Mccown/Bridgewater/Keenum/Bradford etc.., it will only serve as an insurance policy. The bears signed Glennon but that didn't stop them from drafting Trubisky. 

The only players I could see them signing that would negate our chances of drafting a QB is Cousins since he would be given franchise money off the bat. 

Nice post!

5 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

The SOS is calculating full season schedule not only teams played up until this point. Rams weaker win pct is already calculated the full season schedule SOS is tied. Tiebreaker will be determined fully by results of next weeks games.

Also since teams are playing division rivals the SOS difference will be based on 2 match ups for each team.

Jets: Browns @ Steelers, Jaguars @ Titans

49ers: Bears @Vikings, Panthers @ Falcons

Bold is who we want to win

What happens if after those games it is still a tie ( eg, Steelers and Panthers win) .  Is it a coin flip situation?

10 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

No way Macchole trades up to #1. No way in hell he does it. Cleveland wants a QB. If those guys don't want to play there I see them maybe flip flopping with the Giants but they will take Rosen or Darnold provided Darnold comes out.

If both players don't want to play for them they will net a higher yield to trade down from #1 than if they move down to #2. I think teams that don't have a shot at the top 2 QBs are going to give up far more than the Giants who are going to have one of Darnold or Rosen waiting for them at 2.

19 hours ago, Philc1 said:

We beat Brian Hoyer next week 6-3,UnitedWhofans, Jet Nut and Canadasteve and the rest of the Macagnan apologists jump for joy while we fall to picking 12th overall

All the excuse we need to draft Denzel Ward or a DT

Please refrain from callimg other  posters out. It never ends well and quite honestly adds nothing to the board. The result is typically an escalation to a personal attack. 

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

STFU moron.  You're the worst poster in the history of sports, don't bring anyone into your trolling world.  

Apologist?  Keep posting shlt that is wrong in every which way.  Damn, you're annoying as all hell. 

I understand why you reacted this way, maybe not entirely but for the  most part . In the future put the poster on ignore and avoid the personal attacks. Regardless of what is said to one another still not something we want on the board. Thanks for understanding. 

If the Jets land at the 7th or 8th pick, Mac has to trade up to get the #3 QB on the board at the very least IMO. If he had any guts, he'd make Cleveland an offer they can't refuse for the #1 pick.  I'm tired of this franchise shooting for the middle.  They need to roll the dice and aim sky high for a change.  Mac has a chance to change the trajectory of this franchise.  NO GUTS, NO GLORY!!!!  

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Please refrain from callimg other  posters out. It never ends well and quite honestly adds nothing to the board. The result is typically an escalation to a personal attack. 

I understand why you reacted this way, maybe not entirely but for the  most part . In the future put the poster on ignore and avoid the personal attacks. Regardless of what is said to one another still not something we want on the board. Thanks for understanding. 

No problem, this isn't the first time he keeps adding my name into one of his posts, when I'm not even part of whatever he's party of.  But I'll refrain.

58 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

If both players don't want to play for them they will net a higher yield to trade down from #1 than if they move down to #2. I think teams that don't have a shot at the top 2 QBs are going to give up far more than the Giants who are going to have one of Darnold or Rosen waiting for them at 2.

Dude please. They have stated they will be taking a QB. They now have football guys running that operation not baseball wannabe's. They will stay at their respective picks and take the guy they want. Maybe they don't even want Darnold or Rosen. We don't know. So for you or I to say with any certainty who they will pick is just speculation. I fully expect Cleveland to take a QB at one and maybe theres an outside chance they trade the #5 to some QB needy team but don't bet on it. They are in business to help the Cleveland Browns and not the New York Jets. There are other teams in better position with more to offer than the Jets to move into that slot anyway. I'm not ragging on the Jets here its just reality. Cleveland could grab a QB at 1 and then trade the 5 to buffalo for 2 more 1's THIS YEAR and more. Why would they want the Jets 1 and 2 second rounders if offered that?

Archived