Jets Draft Position Possibilities (probably 6th)/Rooting Guide

Doggin94it

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

How can you look at it from the teams perspective but I can't look at it as a player? If he decides to stay in school it's the polite way of saying "I'm not going to the Browns" his draft stock literally can not get any higher than #1. I'd agree our chances of trading up to number 1 look incredibly slim but my comment about trading to number 1 was made prior to Darnold making that statement.

Do you think Macc's job is safe if he doesn't find a QB this year? I'd say if his back is against the wall he'll do whatever is needed to keep his job. This is why a strong offer to Cousins seems like a high probability in my mind. I'm certainly not against it, I'd hope it's structured right but the move makes sense if Macc wants to keep his job.

What makes you think he won't trade up? Year 1 those picks weren't for sale, year 2 he tried to trade up for #1 but we didn't have enough ammo to go up and get it since we were picking 20th. He also tried to trade up for Tunsil but again not enough ammo. Year 3 we had a choice of 2 QBs that not many people we sold on. Where in that string of logic does it look like he's unwilling to move up?

Because the teams perspective is easy to see and comment on. What a person will do can never be known until they do it. Unless you know that person it is impossible to know what they wil do in any given situation. You saying "if he decides to stay in school its a polite way of rejecting the Browns" is your opinion not his. You can't possibly know what his thinking is when it comes to his future. Hell it sounds to me like Darnold doesn't even know what he will do yet.

Thats the thing about Macchole. He doesn't feel his back is against the wall concerning his job. He doesn't feel this team is in bad shape. He actually thinks, going by his actions so far, that he is doing a good job. He probably will offer Cousins the moon but I doubt Cousins takes it. Not from a team that is equal too or worse than the team he is coming from. Cousins, if he has any sense in his head will want to go to a team that is a QB away from winning it all. Despite what a lot of guys on these boards think the Jets are not that team. Their skill players are average or below, the OL is suspect on a good day and the HC is still learning how to do his job. Not an enticing thing for any FA QB. Sorry but the Jets are a lot further from contention than a lot of guys think.

When has Macchole moved up in any draft since he began his tenure with the Jets? When? All he has done is trade down and left talent on the board in doing so. The guy the Vikings took with the pick the Jets traded to them should have been the pick for Macchole. Thats just one. Every draft pick he has made that has shown anything has fallen to him and was basically a no brainer pick. I wanted Watson and he picked Adams. I could see why but didn't agree with it then and still don't. The man has no sense of urgency when it comes to the needs on this team when securing a QB should be his #1 priority. I hope I am wrong but I fully expect Macchole to NOT pick a QB in the first round even if Mayfield is there and he will go BPA in the first. I expect him re-sign McCown and maybe draft a QB in the 2nd but I'm not counting on it. Macchole thinks he is a great judge of talent and this is his Achilles heel. He is so not what he thinks he is and in the long run it will hurt this team even more. Take off the rose colored glasses dude.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

Because the teams perspective is easy to see and comment on. What a person will do can never be known until they do it. Unless you know that person it is impossible to know what they wil do in any given situation. You saying "if he decides to stay in school its a polite way of rejecting the Browns" is your opinion not his. You can't possibly know what his thinking is when it comes to his future. Hell it sounds to me like Darnold doesn't even know what he will do yet.

Thats the thing about Macchole. He doesn't feel his back is against the wall concerning his job. He doesn't feel this team is in bad shape. He actually thinks, going by his actions so far, that he is doing a good job. He probably will offer Cousins the moon but I doubt Cousins takes it. Not from a team that is equal too or worse than the team he is coming from. Cousins, if he has any sense in his head will want to go to a team that is a QB away from winning it all. Despite what a lot of guys on these boards think the Jets are not that team. Their skill players are average or below, the OL is suspect on a good day and the HC is still learning how to do his job. Not an enticing thing for any FA QB. Sorry but the Jets are a lot further from contention than a lot of guys think.

Uh what?

We will get pasted by the pats but there is no reason not to cheer for the jets since about week 5 when we had already blown the draft.  6, 8, 12 it doesn't matter to me unless something strange happens at the top of the draft.  I have had darnold and rosen way ahead of all other qb s all season and that has not changed.  We should not have to trade up for anyone else imo.

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

How can you know what he's thinking if I can't know what a players thinking? You are fouling up your own argument. 

Dude Darnold actually came out and said IF he was going to the NFL he would be fortunate to play for any team. He is not saying whether he will declare or not yet. Sounds indecisive to me and my exact words were I don't think even he knows yet. YOU are the one saying what the man is thinking not me. Whatever. Its all speculation at this point until it comes from his mouth not yours.

11 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Dude Darnold actually came out and said IF he was going to the NFL he would be fortunate to play for any team. He is not saying whether he will declare or not yet. Sounds indecisive to me and my exact words were I don't think even he knows yet. YOU are the one saying what the man is thinking not me. Whatever. Its all speculation at this point until it comes from his mouth not yours.

You were just making all these assumptions about Macc based on your opinion but then turned around and said I could not form an opinion because I don't know what is really going on in a rookie QB's head. So my question to you is why do you have a almighty power to know what Macc will do but I can't have an idea what Darnold could do?

You need to learn to read the tea leaves, Darnold said 100% the right thing and everyone will praise him because of Rosen's comments recently. He said IF he comes out, it leaves him the politically correct route of saying I want to try and winner a National Championship in college. Which IMO is a load of crap, I think the real reason he'd chose not to come out is because he doesn't want to go to the Browns. His draft stock can not get higher than it already is. Maybe you would genuinely believe that line about playing for a NC but I don't buy that at all. Just like Coaches won't bad mouth a player to the media, a draft pick should not bad mouth a team to the media. It's just the proper response to say to a question like that.

No my friend you need to see whats right in front of you. I can predict what Macchole will do based on the moves he has made. Darnold is clearly not ready to come out as evidenced by his performance last night. Yes his OL was terrible but OSU does run a lot of pro looks on defense and he was rattled by them. I hope the guy stays in and gets more playing time at the collegiate level. He has the tools no doubt but needs more seasoning and experience under the gun.

You can't have it both ways my man. You first said he didn't want to play for the Browns and now you say he said the right thing by saying he would play for any team. Your "tea leaves" either suck or your reading them wrong. My take is simply this no one knows what Darnold is going to do. He is a young man on the fence and will think one way on one day and another on any other day. Everyone is telling him one thing and others are telling him another. He will make that decision when the time comes and anything you or I say really means nothing until he does it. I hope he stays for at least one more season to mature into the position and get more experience. Either way what you or I think about his plans is just speculation. We can say what we think but saying with any certainty he is going to do this or do that is just plain silly. Thats all I'm saying.

Archived