Wow Rudolph looked really good.

Jetster

1 minute ago, Gas2No99 said:

Similar to the Bengals in '11 by selecting AJ Green #4 overall and Andy "Dandy" Dalton #35 overall in the 2nd round

AND

Congruent to the Raiders in '14 who selected Khalil Mack#5 overall and Carr in the 2nd round as #36 overall. 

If all the top qbs are gone by 6 get me Barret in round 2

On 12/29/2017 at 12:00 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I've watched a ton of Mason Rudolph, and I've never come away thinking he has a great arm. Good arm? Sure, but he doesn't have A arm strength. That alone isn't a big deal, but he plays in a VERY QB friendly system. The type of system that got Brandon Weeden drafted high. 

For every Brandon Weeden, there are also some Derek Carr's and maybe Pat Mahommes that are spread Qbs that succeed in the NFL. But Mahommes is a far better talent than Rudolph. 

I am not anti-Rudolph. He is an OK prospect and like some have said a decent 2nd round QB, but after Petty/Hack, I don't think Macc can/will settle for a "decent" prospect in Rudolph and hope to find the next Derek Carr. I think it's a top 10 guy or a Cousins.  

Not disagreeing at all with your assessment but as I read it you mention something that I read often in qb conversations; he plays in a very qb friendly offense.  My question is why don’t all coaches use a qb friendly offense?  Are some of them mad at their QBs?  Just wondering!

3 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Not disagreeing at all with your assessment but as I read it you mention something that I read often in qb conversations; he plays in a very qb friendly offense.  My question is why don’t all coaches use a qb friendly offense?  Are some of them mad at their QBs?  Just wondering!

No some of them are glorified DC's and have no use for making anything Qb friendly.

Archived