Todd Bowles and Mike Maccagnan Receive Contract Extensions: MERGED

KRL

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Evidence? This isn't a court of law.  

I see a team that got caught in an unusual set of circumstances - in that the rebuild started two years too late by mostly no fault of the GM - it wasn't supposed to but they went on and won 10 games in year one - when they weren't expected to - and the next year they had to again put the rebuild on hold. This dumb idea of a Competitive Rebuild is what set them back.  

What I saw this year - was a GM that cleaned house of all the dead wood - went with a youth movement - and a coach that had those young guys playing with passion and being competitive week-in and week-out.

I would like to see what Bowles can do with a legitimate NFL roster - and what the GM can do when he's not hamstrung with a previous regimes garbage.

This is basically how I feel and what I think a reasonable fan should see. 

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

This explains why they’re slow playing Hack.

They're giving him the full two year marinade.

There won’t be a high draft pick spent on a quarterback.

Build the line, add a back, and watch the “special” unfold!

2015 was Macc's first redshirt year.

2016 was the overachieving year.

2017 is the first year of the true rebuild, i.e. his 2nd redshirt year.

2018 is the blueshirt year.  

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

Rosen, also, our pick should be Baker Mayfield, I'd put him in, and let him learn take his lumps. I'd  also Spend that $100 mill on Oline and help for him. 

Fook the D.

You as GM >>> Mike Maccagnan as GM.  

We should fire Macc and give you a 3-year contract.  

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

NJets extend Bowles and Maccagnan: “this is good.”

Jets give $12 million to Josh McCown: “this is also good”

Jets draft a cornerback in the first round: “this, too, is good.”

Jets draft a defensive end and a guard in the second round: “This is how you do it.”

Is there a face palm big enough in the world for this. If it wasn't true it would be funny.

37 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Frankly, all the good teams...

• Steelers, Pats, Giants, Ravens, Seahawks, Packers, Eagles, Saints..

I'm sure there are more - but these off the top of my head.

Pretty sure all those teams have a slightly more important ingredient for longevity called a good to hof qb. All the same, those teams also have a winning track record at their respective jobs. keeping a bad gameday coach and a bad drafter just to keep them around is not really a good idea

42 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Other than the patriots and steelers, who else doesn't have that churn rate? 

ANYBODY OVER 3 YEARS

John Harbaugh Baltimore - 9 years

Marvin Lewis Cincinnati - 14 years

Ron Rivera Carolina - 6 years

Jason Garrett Dallas - 7 years

Mike McCarthy Green Bay - 11 years

Sean Peyton New Orleans - 11 years

Pete Carrol Seattle - 7 years

Chuck Pagano Indy - 5 years.

Bruce Arians Arizona - 4 years

Mike Zimmer Minnesota - 4 years

Andy Reid KC - 4 years

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Extending the contracts of Macc and Bowles is easier than Chris Johnson interviewing and finding new ones besides he has no clue. 

Woody probably figures Trump has about one more year before he is the cause of all out nuclear war, or he is assassinated.  This way, Chris just has to hold the fort until Woody gets back next year!

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Cousins is going to get a ton of money no matter where he goes.  Nearly every QB-needy team can re-configure cap space to make a competitive offer.

If the money is about the same, things like organizational competence DO matter.  It's the same reason Peyton Manning laughed in our faces when we went after him.  He took LESS than we would have given him to play in Denver.  

This is ESPECIALLY true for a guy like Cousins.  Do you think that the Redskins being owned by that clown Dan Snyder has NOTHING to do with the reason he'd walk away from them?  Why would he go anywhere other than a quality organization after experiencing that mess of a franchise for the last 5 years?

The Jets' ownership are as beclowned as any other. 

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Woody probably figures Trump has about one more year before he is the cause of all out nuclear war, or he is assassinated.  This way, Chris just has to hold the fort until Woody gets back next year!

How about keeping your political thoughts to yourself or your favorite liberal message board.

41 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Evidence? This isn't a court of law.  

I see a team that got caught in an unusual set of circumstances - in that the rebuild started two years too late by mostly no fault of the GM - it wasn't supposed to but they went on and won 10 games in year one - when they weren't expected to - and the next year they had to again put the rebuild on hold. This dumb idea of a Competitive Rebuild is what set them back.  

What I saw this year - was a GM that cleaned house of all the dead wood - went with a youth movement - and a coach that had those young guys playing with passion and being competitive week-in and week-out.

I would like to see what Bowles can do with a legitimate NFL roster - and what the GM can do when he's not hamstrung with a previous regimes garbage.

No franchise QB worth a damn,no edge pass rusher, no shutdown corner, no LT nor much on the OL beyond JAGs, no real RB. Maccagnan has stabilized the WR slots. That's about it. As you were saying? 

We all knew these extensions were going to happen. All it does is put off the inevitable when the team flops again next season.

The bigger issue for the long term is that this ownership is clueless and will probably never get it right. Once these two are fired we will probably hire two new inept losers.

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

No franchise QB worth a damn,no edge pass rusher, no shutdown corner, no LT nor much on the OL beyond JAGs, no real RB. Maccagnan has stabilized the WR slots. That's about it. As you were saying? 

Yeah but think of all the leadership we get from our in the box safety.

29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Extending the contracts of Macc and Bowles is easier than Chris Johnson interviewing and finding new ones besides he has no clue. 

Worse, Bill Cowher, John Gruden and Jim Harbaugh wouldn't even take his calls. He has no idea about who might be the hot young GM and coaching candidates without ANOTHER vaunted search committee. There's no plan. They have no idea what they're doing. Nobody with any sense takes them seriously.

59 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Frankly, all the good teams...

• Steelers, Pats, Giants, Ravens, Seahawks, Packers, Eagles, Saints..

I'm sure there are more - but these off the top of my head.

Again, with this utterly lazy trope. Correlation is NOT cause.  And frankly, outside of the Pats and Steelers, who are pro sports anomalies, I'd argue that the rest don't fit the definition you are assigning here.

Seattle couldn't wait to get rid of Holmgren but he kept making the playoffs. One bad year - he was FIRED. They hire Mora for one year (it was bad) and he was FIRED.  Pete Carroll would have been fired if not for an 11 win season in his third season.  He won a SB  the next year and has been in the playoffs ever since.  So is this "continuity" in Seattle part of a plan or is it a result of success?

Green Bay after Holmgren left in 98 hired Rhodes who went 8-8 and was immediately FIRED.  Sherman goes 9-7, 12-4, 12-4, 10-6, 10-6 in his first 5 seasons, making the playoffs all but the first. In his 6th season he goes 4-12 and guess what?  FIRED.  McCarthy comes in and has made the playoffs 9 of 11 seasons and won a SuperBowl.  So is this "continuity" in Green Bay part of a plan or is it a result of success?

The Giants had Jim Fassel as coach for 7 years because he saved his job with a SB run in a 12-4 season his 4th year. He saved it again two years later after making the playoffs. But the next year he went 4-12 and he was FIRED.  They hire Coughlin who would have been fired several times over if not for improbable SB wins spread just enough apart to buy him more seasons. We all know they couldn't wait to get the hot new guy in there.  Macadoo makes the playoffs in year one and doesn't survive year 2!!!!  Is that continuity? 

Philadelphia wanted to get rid of Andy Reid for YEARS because he couldn't win a Super Bowl.  They couldn't get rid of him until he finally had a clunker of a season. When he did - FIRED. Chip Kelly comes in, has immediate success with two 10 win seasons but when things went sideways he was FIRED in the middle of his 3rd season.  Is that continuity?

New Orleans and Baltimore have coaches who are essentially saving their skins with making the playoffs this season. The only reason they have not been fired yet is because the BOTH have won Super Bowls.  

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

They could add some of that next year ya know. The NFL isn't ending tomorrow.

Archived