Todd Bowles and Mike Maccagnan Receive Contract Extensions: MERGED

KRL

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, backwards.  The HC doesn't shape the way the young players prepare and play.  Young players by virtue of being young are all trying to save their asses.  You're just going to spin it to suit your agenda.  Ridiculous and ass backwards thought process.  

:blink: Oh, and I thought coaches actually you know..... coached, as opposed to sitting on the sidelines looking baffled on game day. Maybe that lack of weekday coaching, sh*tty CBA rules aside, is why our young players don't generally progress and the roster is sh*t with poor attitudes. Oh wait, I forgot, during year 3 Todd and Mike are finally cleaning up the locker room.

26 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

:blink: Oh, and I thought coaches actually you know..... coached, as opposed to sitting on the sidelines looking baffled on game day. Maybe that lack of weekday coaching, sh*tty CBA rules aside, is why our young players don't generally progress and the roster is sh*t with poor attitudes. Oh wait, I forgot, during year 3 Todd and Mike are finally cleaning up the locker room.

Maybe you should read the posts before acting out.  Beerwhiner said Bowles had NOTHING to do with inspiring and leading the team because they're young and young players by virtue of nothing more than being young play hard on their own.  Bowles deserves no credit according to him for the team not quitting.  The premise was the Jets played hard and we're a tough out.  You have a clue what you're arguing about.  Sorry, now go call beer out.

23 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, backwards.  The HC doesn't shape the way the young players prepare and play.  Young players by virtue of being young are all trying to save their asses.  You're just going to spin it to suit your agenda.  Ridiculous and ass backwards thought process.  

Yeah JN, he had it totally ass backwards, not you. Right. Fact of the matter is, guys like you promote stupidity like extending Bowles, thus prolonging our frustration, pathetic play, perennial losing and being a joke. Thank you very much.

What I came here to say before reading more cool aid posts, was how this move to extend Bowles is still bugging the living pi$$ out of me. The whole deal makes no sense whatsoever. The man is a terrible HC, has not learned anything or improved after 3 full seasons based upon the results (which in Jet land do not matter), and has completed 2 back to back 5-11 hideously boring assed seasons, most of which I spent at the gym or Walmart to avoid my guts exploding out of my a$$ watching them.

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

Yeah JN, he had it totally ass backwards, not you. Right. Fact of the matter is, guys like you promote stupidity like extending Bowles, thus prolonging our frustration, pathetic play, perennial losing and being a joke. Thank you very much.

What I came here to say before reading more cool aid posts, was how this move to extend Bowles is still bugging the living pi$$ out of me. The whole deal makes no sense whatsoever. The man is a terrible HC, has not learned anything or improved after 3 full seasons based upon the results (which in Jet land do not matter), and has completed 2 back to back 5-11 hideously boring assed seasons, most of which I spent at the gym or Walmart to avoid my guts exploding out of my a$$ watching them.

Another brain dead poster who didn't read the post and is shine with himself.  You pinheads are so quick to kill anyone you think loves Bowles that you do in read.  All I said is there HC IS charged with leading young players as well as older players. You don't agree you're the idiot. There's the joke, it's on you.  Next time read and try to comprehend before making assumptions

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Another brain dead poster who didn't read the post and is shine with himself.  You pinheads are so quick to kill anyone you think loves Bowles that you do in read.  All I said is there HC IS charged with leading young players as well as older players. You don't agree you're the idiot. 

Manish, shouldn't you be writing a column or something?

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Now you're even whining about me chuckles?  

Aha! an admission!  And hey why did you welch on your declaration that you would walk home from camp if idzik used all his draft picks in the draft?  Bet welcher!

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Aha! an admission!  And hey why did you welch on your declaration that you would walk home from camp if idzik used all his draft picks in the draft?  Bet welcher!

Who are you talking about, never made any bets over Idzik.  Have no idea what you're talking about.  Copy and paste it here.  Welcher?  Lol hard to be this wrong.

In real life, people get contract extensions based on MERIT.  I'm not sure that the body of work Mac and Bowles have produced over the last three years warrants extensions and one can argue that they both have produced at a low enough level to be terminated.  Obviously these extensions are just for show and both will only have 2018 to right the ship or they're both gone.  The problem here is that I don't trust either to put the franchise before their own jobs, especially Bowles. 

12 hours ago, dbatesman said:

uhh

Another who can't read.  Quite the roll call.  You do realize that's what Beerfish said, right.  That the young players by virtue of being young play hard, the coach gets no credit.  Sorry a couple of guys agree with me, it's on the HC but are too busy just arguing.

Bears signed GM Ryan Pace to a two-year extension through 2021.

Pace won what amounted to a power struggle with coach John Fox, whom Pace kept in the dark on the team's 2017 draft plans, then was fired immediately after the season. Pace has drafted mostly well through three years in Chicago, but his free agent moves have been mediocre at best -- most disastrously Mike Glennon and Markus Wheaton in 2017 -- and the franchise has a painful 14-34 record on his watch. The Bears have finished last in the NFC North in four straight seasons. Pace will now begin searching for a new head coach

23 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Maybe you should read the posts before acting out.  Beerwhiner said Bowles had NOTHING to do with inspiring and leading the team because they're young and young players by virtue of nothing more than being young play hard on their own.  Bowles deserves no credit according to him for the team not quitting.  The premise was the Jets played hard and we're a tough out.  You have a clue what you're arguing about.  Sorry, now go call beer out.

Maybe you should do a better job presenting your point as more people than I apparently misinterpreted what you posted.  I doubt most people are going to come on to the thread and read 13 pages of posts just to make sure they understand what you're saying when you post something that seems clear to begin with. 

27 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Maybe you should do a better job presenting your point as more people than I apparently misinterpreted what you posted.  I doubt most people are going to come on to the thread and read 13 pages of posts just to make sure they understand what you're saying when you post something that seems clear to begin with. 

So I'm too blame when someone thinks to jump into a conversation & they don't read through that conversation, which wasnt 13 pages, so it's my fault?  Because one person jumped on the back of someone else who didn't read it's all good?  Not getting your stance, you didn't read but it's my fault. A simple I didn't see it, sorry would have been the smarter reply.  

Reading 16 pages before commenting? Ain't nobody got time for dat!

2018 will undoubtedly be the defining year for MacBowles. If this team doesn't have either Cousins or a top rookie QB on the roster, it will be an indictment on Maccagnan. I can't say that I am confident, but I am hopeful that Macc gets us a QB. As far as Bowles is concerned, I'd like to see him coach a team who has a franchise QB before I send him out to pasture. It's much easier to be aggressive when you have the weapons. Clock management isn't much of an issue when you have a three TD lead with a quarter to go. Dialing up a defensive scheme is easier when you have a disruptive pass rush. Bowles has a lot of growing to do as a coach, and it's possible that he may have hit his ceiling, but he has his team playing hard for him. I am not a Bowles apologist, but I am just not ready to give up on him just yet.

Even with all the heartache and disappointment, I F'N love the New York Jets!

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Worst regime since Kotite, not even a debate

you could be on to something. 

I said to fire both guys at the end of the season because if this season doesn't go well then they'll be fired anyway, meaning that we just gave them 90 million and another top 6 pick to possibly be let go and the next regime may not like (for good reason) what they did with the 90 million and 6th round pick. 

This is why regimes without the proper clout shouldn't be able to "rebuild" twice. 

Archived