Todd Bowles and Mike Maccagnan Receive Contract Extensions: MERGED

KRL

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is good news, they both deserve to be back. Macc has done a good job getting young players in here. He deserves the chance to show that he can get a QB to take this franchise forward.

Bowles has done a good job holding players accountable and changing the locker room.

They both need to keep getting better. But turning coaches over every three years isn't the answer. I am happy they are both back, this offseason is so important, now they can hit the ground running with minimal coaching staff changes. 

The assistants they added last year are good, hopefully they don't lose anyone.

26 minutes ago, KRL said:

Get the torches & pitchforks, Florham Park must be stormed!!!

I was checking TSN.ca for Leafs/Avalanche Time of the game, and saw this as a headline and I thought...WOW, the internet is going to go down thanks to traffic on NY Jets Nation after this news.

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

A two year extension is basically a dead on indication there’s no plans in investing or grooming a young QB.

While at the same time making the Jets a tougher sell for a guy like Cousins. Really some Masterpiece Theater sh*t going on here. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

While at the same time making the Jets a tougher sell for a guy like Cousins. Really some Masterpiece Theater sh*t going on here. 

You really think a guy like Cousins will give the tiniest flake of sh*t about anything but the highest bidder?  Do you honestly think he even has a clue about anything going on with the Jets (or more specifically, the Jets' fans)?

I totally get the dislike some have for this decision, but the soap opera drama some fabricate in their heads about this stuff is really quite comical.

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The irony of this all is that JOe Benigno is going to rail against this and he's part of the reason why Bowles is coming back. Hilarious

If you haven't figured it out already, Joe Benigno may be the dumbest person on the planet. If you listen to him with any regularity, you may be in the running for #2.

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

You really think a guy like Cousins will give the tiniest flake of sh*t about anything but the highest bidder?  Do you honestly think he even has a clue about anything going on with the Jets (or more specifically, the Jets' fans)?

I totally get the dislike some have for this decision, but the soap opera drama some fabricate in their heads about this stuff is really quite comical.

Players are researching teams all the time. Cousins knows the Jets will have to be Bowlesed over to stop losing! 

34 minutes ago, Lith said:

Statement from Chris Johnson:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/Jets-Extend-Contracts-of-GM-Mike-Maccagnan-and-Head-Coach-Todd-Bowles/fc7ba7d5-5917-473c-86d0-3e73d31095e0?campaign=tw

“We are very happy to have extended both Mike and Todd. During their time here, they have worked together to help the organization build a foundation on which to grow,” Jets CEO Christopher Johnson said. “They are identifying, developing, and getting productivity out of our players. I believe we are headed in the right direction. This provides us continuity and stability as we continue to move this team towards sustained success. We still have a lot of work to do and I am excited to work closely with both of them as we move forward.”

Get a clue silver Spoon Johnson.... Drafted a worthless QB with a wasted 2nd round pick.  Will end up drafting a Def player in the first round this year.  Still can't score on a consistent basis and is one of the worst time managers in the NFL.  Good luck selling tickets!  

1 minute ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Get a clue silver Spoon Johnson.... Drafted a worthless QB with a wasted 2nd round pick.  Will end up drafting a Def player in the first round this year.  Still can't score on a consistent basis and is one of the worst time managers in the NFL.  Good luck selling tickets!  

Who?

5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I think the near-future contract status of the GM and HC paying you would, indeed, factor into the decision of a 30 year-old QB looking for a long-term deal. Yes. 

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jets have paid too dollar in both of the previous two FA classes and are keeping the same guy who did it. They’re now out on top FAs! 

4 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Exactly.  Cousins is going money fishing. He'd sign with the Browns if they offered him the most money.  That's not the issue.

This was expected, but as I've said before, the ability to pre-evaluate QBs is MacBowles biggest issue.  They took Petty and Hack while passing on Watson.  They signed 2 journeymen who had career years that saved some face and kept them from having the QB position be an unmitigated disaster. They're now choosing a new QB.  Can they be trusted?

Archived