Todd Bowles and Mike Maccagnan Receive Contract Extensions: MERGED

KRL

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Pcola said:

And we haven’t spent anything and our cumulative spend the past two seasons have been well below the minimum.

That's inaccurate. The Jets spent 89.2% of their total cap number this year. They only went into 2017 with $18 million in free cap space.

48 minutes ago, jetrider said:

100%. You know it and Bowles will draft D with our top picks and Macc will be forced to settle for a late round nose-picker QB with a trademark confused look on his face. The extensions confirm their way is the right way.

So Bowles is the GM? It was Macc who was singing Adams' praise before and after the draft.

Does this mean we can blame Bowles for drafting Hack?

a decision had to be made one way or another.  imo people think the jets were far more advanced as a team than the actually were when boles/mac took over.  they weren't.  the rex drafts weren't good and idzik's were throw aways.  maybe mac's drafts aren't the be all end all but at least he has brought some good players and, for what it's worth, the team hasn't imploded.  who knows how these young players will be once they have a couple of seasons under their belts and we still haven't seen good results from vets who have long term contracts.

since they're ong to be around at least next season it's time to give credit where it's due and hope the qb situation gets straightened out.

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Ownership did. This regime has had two picks already in the top 10 and has passed on QB’s. 

Despite your claims otherwise, Bowles is not the GM, and Macc will know full well that his best (if not only) chance for a future as GM will be to hit on QB this year.  Of course he could get scared and decide to try to address it in FA, but I'm still not sure why you think a longer extension and/or lack of one would somehow have given such greater inspiration for a QB in the draft.

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

Despite your claims otherwise, Bowles is not the GM, and Macc will know full well that his best (if not only) chance for a future as GM will be to hit on QB this year.  Of course he could get scared and decide to try to address it in FA, but I'm still not sure why you think a longer extension and/or lack of one would somehow have given such greater inspiration for a QB in the draft.

The Johnson bros don’t care they are basically the Wilpons at this point 

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

Just using the past as a barometer. With the way the last 3 first rounds have gone, Bowles has at least some influence in who they pick. It's been reported Bowles was dead set against Paxton Lynch (or playing a rookie Qb for that matter). If Bowles wont play a rookie- why would Maccganan draft one anyways?

All 3 first round picks model after his defense in Arizona. If I were to guess, the Jets will be taking a CB.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Just using the past as a barometer. With the way the last 3 first rounds have gone, Bowles has at least some influence in who they pick. It's been reported Bowles was dead set against Paxton Lynch (or playing a rookie Qb for that matter). If Bowles wont play a rookie- why would Maccganan draft one anyways?

All 3 first round picks model after his defense in Arizona. If I were to guess, the Jets will be taking a CB.

We are drafting Denzel Ward

book

it

All this is is rewarding mediocrity (if 20 wins in three seasons is even mediocre) and delaying the inevitable. There is not only overwhelming evidence that Macc doesn’t know how to put a team together, there’s even more than Todd Bowles can’t coach himself out of a wet paper bag. 2018 is going to be another 5-7 wins, if that, and continued lack of accountability on all levels. 

The most disturbing thing about it, is we’ve just come to expect it at this point. They should start calling it Florham Park Syndrome. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

IF they do, you can't say Macc didn't draft value

Just now, Beerfish said:

I like that this duo is being treated as if this is year one of their reign.

I am also amused by the many 'this is a good move, now go get a QB!' comments since the gm has been so good at getting QBs and the coach has been so willing to develop them.

That's Woody's fault essentially. What happened this year should have happened year 1

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If this is the case, which it very well could be, then you have to treat QB like they have treated the Safety position and force Bowles' hand by only keeping young guys on the roster at the position. They should go into the season with a rookie QB, Hackenberg, and Bryce Petty and tell Bowles to f*ck off.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

BTW, the Johnsons did say it wasn't about the number of wins before the season. So why is everybody surprised that despite five wins, Bowles is coming back?

No one is surprised.  Woody is an idiot on top of being absentee and Chrissy is just happy being around

2 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

If this is the case, which it very well could be, then you have to treat QB like they have treated the Safety position and force Bowles' hand by only keeping young guys on the roster at the position. They should go into the season with a rookie QB, Hackenberg, and Bryce Petty and tell Bowles to f*ck off.

I disagree partly, they should go with the top pick, a veteran and Petty/Hackenberg

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That's Woody's fault essentially. What happened this year should have happened year 1

Laughable cop outs to blame the guy not making any team decisions other than saying i hope we win.

Woody has had nothing to do with signing over 35 qbs, not developing young qbs and drafting non premium positions.

I have a little more time for mac because he has found some decent ancillary pieces to the team but the coach is pure awful in so many ways if you actually look at how the team has been handled other than saying hey we won 5 when we were supposed to win 3!

Archived