Todd Bowles and Mike Maccagnan Receive Contract Extensions: MERGED

KRL

12 minutes ago, Pac said:

Indifferent about Bowles but happy I get to watch Macc continue his ascension to being one of the finer GMs in the league.

Hopefully Kacy Rogers gets a HC job somewhere. 

I'm still (vaguely) hopeful that Bowles will get rid of Rogers ... he achieved less with more, and the discipline issues all stemmed from the D too.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm okay with it. Gives them 2 years to groom a franchise QB or make the playoffs with Cousins. I think a deal with him could be cut after 2 or 3 years.

Say they dont draft a QB and they dont sign Cousins. Josh Mccown is Week 1 starter- thoughts if that happens?

Just now, Matt39 said:

Say they dont draft a QB and they dont sign Cousins. Josh Mccown is Week 1 starter- thoughts if that happens?

Well we know we will prob be picking top 10 and in one of the top QB drafts, lol.  Seriously if they don’t draft a qb and don’t sign cousins then we will just repeat same cycle, which feels like what we do every 4-6 years and why we suck. 

1 minute ago, Stark said:

Well we know we will prob be picking top 10 and in one of the top QB drafts, lol.  Seriously if they don’t draft a qb and don’t sign cousins then we will just repeat same cycle, which feels like what we do every 4-6 years and why we suck. 

This is what is going to happen.

They are going to pay for a FA QB and draft one.

If they sign McCown or someone of his ilk, they are drafting a top QB.

If they sign Cousins or a top FA they are drafting a middling QB

Just now, Stark said:

Id be wary of this assumption that Bowles/Maccagnan are going to go all in on a QB this year. They've had 3 years to do it and havent.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It's not going to happen. The logic makes no sense.

If McCown is starting, they will have drafted a QB

If they draft a qb at 6 or trade up they better not be starting McCown. On the field experience is the best thing for a young qb. 

Just now, Jimmy 2 Times said:

This explains why they’re slow playing Hack.

They're giving him the full two year marinade.

There won’t be a high draft pick spent on a quarterback.

Build the line, add a back, and watch the “special” unfold!

Hack should be ready by 2109

Maccagnan: “Heyyyyyyyy, Kirk. Good news! Todd and I were just extended and...”

Cousins: “No offense, Mike, but I don’t feel comfortable entrusting my long-term future to you guys.”

Maccagnan: “Well, I have some good news on that front, too!”

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This is what is going to happen.

They are going to pay for a FA QB and draft one.

If they sign McCown or someone of his ilk, they are drafting a top QB.

If they sign Cousins or a top FA they are drafting a middling QB

The only other fa other than cousins worth a sniff at all is bradford.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Maccagnan: “Heyyyyyyyy, Kirk. Good news! Todd and I were just extended and...”

Cousins: “No offense, Mike, but I don’t feel comfortable entrusting my long-term future to you guys.”

Maccagnan: “Well, I have some good news on that front, too!”

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Thats all that matters.

we have one of the worst teams in the league-this is a fact

our team and our talent has not improved but regressed -our record shows this

our gm drafted our qb of the future(yes that is what hack was sold as) and he is so bad he cant play in a meaningless game this week

our coach is terrible and cant get this players to perform and calls quitters and meeting skippers captain-

Odds are after 40 years of being a loyal fan I will walk away from my psls after the draft when our GM once again fails to find a QB in the draft. Everybody has their breaking point and I have hit mine. I dont mind a rebuild if the rebuild is done by a proven winner but that is not what we have. We have a proven loser as a gm and a loser for a coach.

Just now, kmnj said:

our gm drafted our qb of the future(yes that is what hack was sold as) and he is so bad he cant play in a meaningless game this week

our coach is terrible and cant get this players to perform and calls quitters and meeting skippers captain-

Odds are after 40 years of being a loyal fan I will walk away from my psls after the draft when our GM once again fails to find a QB in the draft. Everybody has their breaking point and I have hit mine. I dont mind a rebuild if the rebuild is done by a proven winner but that is not what we have. We have a proven loser as a gm and a loser for a coach.

Dark days

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No. Goff didnt start until the final weeks of the season. Eli didn't start the season

The best thing for Goff was McVay and an offense that fits him. I don’t care about Eli mediocre Manning. 

Just now, Beerfish said:

The only other fa other than cousins worth a sniff at all is bradford.

Keenum and Taylor are interesting

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

5-11 < 5-11?

It sounds like ownership is far more confident in our GM and HC than many fans out there.  We are not there in the building day to day so we have no choice but to sit back trust their judgement on this matter.

Personally, I haven't been impressed at all.  Mac's drafts have been mediocre at best and he has failed to deliver at the most important position.  Bowles quit in several games this season and he has lost the locker room in multiple seasons.  We are now three years into this regime and we have zero playoff appearances to show for it.

I think we can do better honestly.  I don't have much confidence in these guys turning the franchise around.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things shake out.  This is a huge offseason for both of them.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

The bottom line is that if the Jets pick a top QB, I don't want him starting right away.

Well that’s like your opinion man.  I want them starting day 1.  No more delaying turning this franchise around. Taylor the offense to help the rookie QB grow over the season and expand it as you go. 

Archived