Mehta is Ruffling MAJOR FEATHERS NOW! [emoji23]

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doug Marrone and John Idzik are down in Jacksonville putting together what is perhaps the most talented young football team in the league and are already in the playoffs. Mehta is far and away the lea

You should take "John Idzik" out of that sentence because Tom Coughlin is running the show and has Idzik locked in a storage room counting beans. 

Regardless of what we think of Mehta or his opinions, this is a pretty good description of a segment of the fanbase:  

Posted Images

Regardless of what we think of Mehta or his opinions, this is a pretty good description of a segment of the fanbase:

The Jets flicked a figurative middle finger to the clueless, loud-mouth contingent too myopic to understand what exactly is happening with their beloved franchise.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 2
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, SMC said:

Wait a minute. You are actually agreeing with Mehta? The guy who is basically wrong on so much of what he writes and reports? Dear Jesus, please save this thread and the comments within it. This I pray, Amen.

9 minutes ago, UnTypicalJET said:

Inserts from Article:

“The Jets flicked a figurative middle finger to the clueless, loud-mouth contingent too myopic to understand what exactly is happening with their beloved franchise.”

“Earth to the dopes: Your team got it right.”

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Are there ANY other sports writers out there that write like this with the team they cover? Or are we just super lucky to have him?? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Wait a minute. You are actually agreeing with Mehta? The guy who is basically wrong on so much of what he writes and reports? Dear Jesus, please save this thread and the comments within it. This I pray, Amen.

No, I'm not ... but, come on, "clueless, loud-mouth contingent too myopic to understand what exactly is happening with their beloved franchise" is a pretty good description of the fanbase, right?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, SMC said:

No, I'm not ... but, come on, "clueless, loud-mouth contingent too myopic to understand what exactly is happening with their beloved franchise" is a pretty good description of the fanbase, right?

This post is an attack on my personal identity and I won't stand for it.

• Haha 1
Just now, SMC said:

You should take "John Idzik" out of that sentence because Tom Coughlin is running the show and has Idzik locked in a storage room counting beans. 

Perhaps, but it’s worth pointing out that Idzik was working for the Bucs and the Seahawks when they put it all together, and now the Jaguars. The Jets are the aberration on his resume. 

1 minute ago, SMC said:

To be fair that team was built before Coughlin, Idzik or Marrone showed up.  they had been stockpiling young talent for years but give credit to Coughlin for a good 1st offseason and give credit to Marrone for doing a nice job bringing the talent together.  we could have had Marrone but Mehta led a revolt against hiring so we got Bowles.

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, SMC said:

Ehh. Maybe so maybe not. The thing is will Macchole and Bowles now magically get it right? Will Macchole actually draft to this teams needs and go after those need's or will he simply take what is given as he has in each of his other drafts?

Will Bowles magically learn what it means to make in game adjustments to a failing game plan? Will he learn that being a HC is more than not throwing your players under the bus and actually finish games? These are alarming things that he still has not leaned. At this point the team has progressed in some degree but the HC is still making rookie mistakes after how many years in? Hey its cool. Its only 2 years and if they have another showing like this year both will most likely not finish out those contracts.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

To be fair that team was built before Coughlin, Idzik or Marrone showed up.  they had been stockpiling young talent for years but give credit to Coughlin for a good 1st offseason and give credit to Marrone for doing a nice job bringing the talent together.  we could have had Marrone but Mehta led a revolt against hiring so we got Bowles.

Mehta doesn't bring that up very often, does he? Objectively the NFL coach right now who has led his team to the most dramatic turnaround and without a franchise QB is a guy Mehta very personally sabotaged when the jets were set to hire him. 

I feel so...ruffled. Like punting with 6 minutes left with a 2 score deficit, or taking a knee right before half down 2 TDs despite having 3 timeouts. 

Thing is, the Jints from the day the collapse was in the offing started exploring the possibilities. And that's prudent. You never know what might happen, best to be prepared.

Jets with a season that should have been a tank job for Day 1 never even considered canning these 2 mooks. Because there is no plan, it's 2 Richie Rich kids who like owning an NFL team and don't understand (as with the West side Stadium politics) this is serious business.If they are going to retain these 2 fools, do us all a favor and sell this f___ing team already. they don't have a godammn clue. 

If I could bet they will sign a retread QB to a  ridiculous contract, pass on Mayfield and instead draft their "BAP" at non premium position...

Today's news is another chapter in the Johnsons' disasterous ownership. We will be right back here next January. As with Rex Ryan's last year, they've delayed a decision to cut bait because....NO F___ ING CLUE.  ANOTHER WASTED SEASON COMING UP .  

• Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I can fathom someone defending maccagnan.  I cannot fathom anyone defending todd bowles.

do we know what user name manish uses on these forums btw?

I swear he had an account on "that other forum" back in the day (his first year at NYDN) that I can't remember right now.  He didn't even hide from the accusation when finally confronted about it, just argued with people who disagreed with the article he spammed to the front of the page that day and just disappeared after the jig was up and he got called out.

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Doug Marrone and John Idzik are down in Jacksonville putting together what is perhaps the most talented young football team in the league and are already in the playoffs. Mehta is far and away the least credible person in New York Sports media, and that’s reeeeeaally saying something. 

Not a good time to say that when the Jets actually beat the Jaguars this year

• Like 1