Mehta is Ruffling MAJOR FEATHERS NOW! [emoji23]

UnTypicalJET

16 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Ehh. Maybe so maybe not. The thing is will Macchole and Bowles now magically get it right? Will Macchole actually draft to this teams needs and go after those need's or will he simply take what is given as he has in each of his other drafts?

Will Bowles magically learn what it means to make in game adjustments to a failing game plan? Will he learn that being a HC is more than not throwing your players under the bus and actually finish games? These are alarming things that he still has not leaned. At this point the team has progressed in some degree but the HC is still making rookie mistakes after how many years in? Hey its cool. Its only 2 years and if they have another showing like this year both will most likely not finish out those contracts.

I must admit that this is a pretty good post.  I'd appreciate it more if it was a bit less offensive.  See above.    

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I must admit that this is a pretty good post.  I'd appreciate it more if it was a bit less offensive.  See above.    

lol. Thanks I think. I call him what I call him because of the moves he has made and the guys he has passed up. I don't hate the man personally because I don't know him. That would be irrational. I hate the moves he has made and think they are assholeic. Thats where the name comes from.

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Doug Marrone and John Idzik are down in Jacksonville putting together what is perhaps the most talented young football team in the league and are already in the playoffs. Mehta is far and away the least credible person in New York Sports media, and that’s reeeeeaally saying something. 

Tom Coughlin and David Caldwell are the football decision makers,  not Idzig and Marrone.

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Doug Marrone and John Idzik are down in Jacksonville putting together what is perhaps the most talented young football team in the league and are already in the playoffs. Mehta is far and away the least credible person in New York Sports media, and that’s reeeeeaally saying something. 

The Jags haven't let Idzik ANYWHERE NEAR the draft or roster as he is just another bean counter, so I wouldn't be giving him ANY credit for the Jags surprising season. Jets should have hired Marrone when they had the chance but too many morons here shouted that down.

7 hours ago, Pac said:

I wonder how many people fall for this tripe.  David Caldwell put together a good team and Coughlin brought the much needed discipline and accountability.

The reason Mehta called out your wretched horde is because you guys would have been whining to fire Caldwell long before he was able put it together. 

Before this year the Jags were 4-12, 3-13, 5-11, and 3-13 under Caldwell.

They used 6 out of their 7 2016 draft picks on defense which is a big reason they're a contender.

They used a top 5 pick on a RB who has been a game changer.

These are all things your gang says NOT TO DO when building a football team.

Your blatant hypocrisy is an insult to Max.  I think you owe him, and all of us, an apology.

Based on this response, I would wager @T0mShane got exactly what he was looking for. 

18 hours ago, UnTypicalJET said:

Inserts from Article:

“The Jets flicked a figurative middle finger to the clueless, loud-mouth contingent too myopic to understand what exactly is happening with their beloved franchise.”

“Earth to the dopes: Your team got it right.”

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Always nice when a NY Sports media person finally stops being coy, and just flat out admits he loathes the fanbase he writes for.

9 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Yeah but is it Double Safety good.

Oh man.  I like Adams, but you can find guys like that in the second round.

When it comes down to it, the premium positions in the NFL are QB, OT, CB, and pass rushers.  The Jags got a great CB with their first pick last year and a pass rusher in the first round the year before and another pass rusher in the third round last year.  Then they go out and sign Calais Campbell and Bouye.  They literally built their defense in about two years.  Absolute ******* mastery.  Meanwhile, the Jets are picking a DT every year.

21 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

He is 100 percent right. This franchise is on the right track but there is that small but load knee jerk fan base that thinks your should just fire at will to make themselves feel better. They don’t understand football 

Rofl

So, KC scoring 31 points in 17 minutes of possession is development? I could give Bowles some leeway had that been early in the season but he has some pretty good film on KC & they actually were struggling on offense & had lost 5 of 6.

Then we go to Denver to play a team that lost 8 straight & get demolished 23-0, with 100 yards of offense. What Mehta should be saying is if your a team that struggling, the NY Jets are your elixir. Even though KC lost, they got back on track. 

22 hours ago, Bugg said:

Mehta doesn't bring that up very often, does he? Objectively the NFL coach right now who has led his team to the most dramatic turnaround and without a franchise QB is a guy Mehta very personally sabotaged when the jets were set to hire him. 

I feel so...ruffled. Like punting with 6 minutes left with a 2 score deficit, or taking a knee right before half down 2 TDs despite having 3 timeouts. 

Thing is, the Jints from the day the collapse was in the offing started exploring the possibilities. And that's prudent. You never know what might happen, best to be prepared.

Jets with a season that should have been a tank job for Day 1 never even considered canning these 2 mooks. Because there is no plan, it's 2 Richie Rich kids who like owning an NFL team and don't understand (as with the West side Stadium politics) this is serious business.If they are going to retain these 2 fools, do us all a favor and sell this f___ing team already. they don't have a godammn clue. 

If I could bet they will sign a retread QB to a  ridiculous contract, pass on Mayfield and instead draft their "BAP" at non premium position...

Today's news is another chapter in the Johnsons' disasterous ownership. We will be right back here next January. As with Rex Ryan's last year, they've delayed a decision to cut bait because....NO F___ ING CLUE.  ANOTHER WASTED SEASON COMING UP .  

Marone was the guy....punting or taking a knee in games we would never win...Jints mess is a better position to be in...should have tanked...no plan in place...2 rich kids owning a team, as opposed to all those broke owners....sell the f'n team...clueless...will pass on Mayfield, for a overpaid retread...disastrous ownership...ANOTHER WASTED SEASON.  LOL, didnt miss a single cliche

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Marone was the guy....punting or taking a knee in games we would never win...Jints mess is a better position to be in...should have tanked...no plan in place...2 rich kids owning a team, as opposed to all those broke owners....sell the f'n team...clueless...will pass on Mayfield, for a overpaid retread...disastrous ownership...ANOTHER WASTED SEASON.  LOL, didnt miss a single cliche

TickeRtape down Broadway for ANOTHER 5-11. YEAH! YOU ARE  A TRUE FAN!!!

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Always nice when a NY Sports media person finally stops being coy, and just flat out admits he loathes the fanbase he writes for.

Even better is when someone thinks the handful of whiners hes referring to is the fanbase.

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

TickeRtape down Broadway for ANOTHER 5-11. YEAH! YOU ARE  A TRUE FAN!!!

Yeah baby, not one person has said it but it sure as shlt is the way to go when trying to erase the we wont win a game predictions from too many here.  Especially when you use caps, very effective way to deflect 

And yes, I am a true fan.  

53 minutes ago, Jetster said:

So, KC scoring 31 points in 17 minutes of possession is development? I could give Bowles some leeway had that been early in the season but he has some pretty good film on KC & they actually were struggling on offense & had lost 5 of 6.

Then we go to Denver to play a team that lost 8 straight & get demolished 23-0, with 100 yards of offense. What Mehta should be saying is if your a team that struggling, the NY Jets are your elixir. Even though KC lost, they got back on track. 

Mehta has his mouth krazyglued to Todd Bowles 4th point of contact

21 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Todd Bowles coached like a coward and quit on his team a couple of weeks ago in Denver and now he gets an extension.  What a joke.

and f*ck Mehta too

Mehta is an eagles fan.  Bowles and Mac give him fodder for his boring articles if they were destroying the eagles he’d have a very different opinion

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Even better is when someone thinks the handful of whiners hes referring to is the fanbase.

By the way, as to each and every "cliche"-they are all true. They are facts. You didn't refute nor rebut any of them. 

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

By the way, as to each and every "cliche"-they are all true. They are facts. You didn't refute nor rebut any of them. 

No they're not, they're what you think is true.  Facts? This nonsense really needs to be refuted?  LOL, like they will PASS on Mayfield if hes there?  Should I keep going?  They WILL sign a retreat and overpay too?  These are facts?  It was a wasted season?  Fact?

Yeah, facts, a difficult thing to put your finger on when youre ranting

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No they're not, they're what you think is true.  Facts? This nonsense really needs to be refuted?  LOL, like they will PASS on Mayfield if hes there?  Should I keep going?  They WILL sign a retreat and overpay too?  These are facts?  It was a wasted season?  Fact?

Yeah, facts, a difficult thing to put your finger on when youre ranting

Marone was the guy.  MARRONE OBJECTIVELY TODAY IS A BETTER NFL COACH THAN TODD BOWLES

...punting or taking a knee in games we would never win WHICH IS MORE OF A WINNER-TAKING A KNEE AT HALF WITH 3 TIMEOUTS OR PUNTING WITH 6 MINUTES LEFT, BOTH DOWN 2 TDS?

...Jints mess is a better position to be in SHOT AT A TOP QB, A NEW GM WITH A ZERO BS ATTITUDE AND A CHANCE TO HIRE A GOOD COACH

...should have tanked THEY SHOULD HAVE . THESE 5 WINS ARE F___ING POINTLESS.

\...no plan in place THERE IS NO PLAN IN  PLACE.

...2 rich kids owning a team,  THE JOHNSONS ARE IN FACT 2 SPOILED TRUST FUND SCUMBAGS

as opposed to all those broke owners. HUH

...sell the f'n team THEY SHOULD

...clueless...THEY HAVE HAD  1 HOME PLAYOFF GAME IN 18 YEARS OF OWNERSHIP AND RECALL THAT TOOK A MIRACLE...I DIGRESS

will pass on Mayfield, for a overpaid retread... TO BE DETERMINED BUT LIKELY

disastrous ownership...HOW ELSE WOULD YOU DESCRIBE IT

ANOTHER WASTED SEASON.  IT IS

LOL, didnt miss a single cliche  -DEFINED AS "a phrase or opinion that is overused and betrays a lack of original thought". Granted none of what I have said is original,and in fact it's become overused. But that's because the Johnson?Jets keep making the same mistakes over and over and over. May be it is to a point cliched. But it's all true. 

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Marone was the guy.  MARRONE OBJECTIVELY TODAY IS A BETTER NFL COACH THAN TODD BOWLES

...punting or taking a knee in games we would never win WHICH IS MORE OF A WINNER-TAKING A KNEE AT HALF WITH 3 TIMEOUTS OR PUNTING WITH 6 MINUTES LEFT, BOTH DOWN 2 TDS?

...Jints mess is a better position to be in SHOT AT A TOP QB, A NEW GM WITH A ZERO BS ATTITUDE AND A CHANCE TO HIRE A GOOD COACH

...should have tanked THEY SHOULD HAVE . THESE 5 WINS ARE F___ING POINTLESS.

\...no plan in place THERE IS NO PLAN IN  PLACE.

...2 rich kids owning a team,  THE JOHNSONS ARE IN FACT 2 SPOILED TRUST FUND SCUMBAGS

as opposed to all those broke owners. HUH

...sell the f'n team THEY SHOULD

...clueless...THEY HAVE HAD  1 HOME PLAYOFF GAME IN 18 YEARS OF OWNERSHIP AND RECALL THAT TOOK A MIRACLE...I DIGRESS

will pass on Mayfield, for a overpaid retread... TO BE DETERMINED BUT LIKELY

disastrous ownership...HOW ELSE WOULD YOU DESCRIBE IT

ANOTHER WASTED SEASON.  IT IS

LOL, didnt miss a single cliche  -DEFINED AS "a phrase or opinion that is overused and betrays a lack of original thought". Granted none of what I have said is original,and in fact it's become overused. But that's because the Johnson?Jets keep making the same mistakes over and over and over. May be it is to a point cliched. But it's all true. 

Yes, repeating yourself with even more caps makes them miraculously become fact.  Then again, you are right, the owners are wealthy, imagine that?  LOL

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

You have yet to refute any of it. It's all true. 

Can you read?  I refuted it, quite clearly.  Problem is that youre having a hard time with the definition of a factual statement

Have your little fun, rant.  Just dont tell people who dont agree with everything you say that they arent fans

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Calling something "cliche" doesn't make it not true. 

Actually i never said it did.  An example of the not true part is when you say they WILL pass on Mayfield, as if its a given, a fact and true.  See?  Easy.

5 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Oh man.  I like Adams, but you can find guys like that in the second round.

When it comes down to it, the premium positions in the NFL are QB, OT, CB, and pass rushers.  The Jags got a great CB with their first pick last year and a pass rusher in the first round the year before and another pass rusher in the third round last year.  Then they go out and sign Calais Campbell and Bouye.  They literally built their defense in about two years.  Absolute ******* mastery.  Meanwhile, the Jets are picking a DT every year.

Yes Macc plays to much on his BAP, but has every position on a level playing field.

QB Trumps all

Pass Rushers Disrupt the Offence.

LT Protects the King (QB)

Corners Prevent completions

WR Catch Pass's scores points

S.S A long way down the list of importance.

I never said Marrone has 0.0 input.  But the Jacquar owner has said Coughlin makes final decisions.  From a Jacksonville report:

Caldwell is the key to making the structure work. If he’s able to accept Coughlin now having FINAL SAY without becoming bitter or dissatisfied, there will be minimal problems. That doesn’t mean there won’t be disagreements -- there always are in any front office -- but they must not fester and become bigger issues.

On 12/29/2017 at 12:59 PM, Beerfish said:

I can fathom someone defending maccagnan.  I cannot fathom anyone defending todd bowles.

do we know what user name manish uses on these forums btw?

It's probably not your typical user name.

On 12/29/2017 at 12:59 PM, Beerfish said:

I can fathom someone defending maccagnan.  I cannot fathom anyone defending todd bowles.

It's probably not your typical user name.

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Yes Macc plays to much on his BAP, but has every position on a level playing field.

QB Trumps all

Pass Rushers Disrupt the Offence.

LT Protects the King (QB)

Corners Prevent completions

WR Catch Pass's scores points

S.S A long way down the list of importance.

It's not surprise that the last time the Jets were good -- and legitimate contenders -- is when they had the best OT and CB combinations in the game.

Belicheat got lucky with Brady, but he was smart enough to know that if he kept Brady upright, Brady would do the rest.  People forget how many no name WRs and crappy defenses Brady has played with.  You let that guy stand back there for 4 or 5 seconds and he'll carve up any defense.  Oh, and the reason he's still playing at his age is exactly that.  He hasn't gotten the sh*t beaten out of him.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 3:59 PM, Beerfish said:

Tool boy Mehta must have missed all of last season, TB, DEN, and all of the games we blew leads in this season playing scared and not to lose. He also missed our starting a 40 year old QB leaving 2 young guys languishing on the bench all season, where in essence, we still do not know if either one is worth a $hit. The only good thing about extending these guys is EVERYONE, and I mean Everyone will be ultra critical of them next season and if they go 5-11 again, there will be no arguing about adios'ing the both of them.

hey Manish... you have me sooooo 

RUFFLES-SAL-ORIGINAL-513x661.jpg

Or, maybe not.  

Dearest Manish, you are such a little twerp that you couldn't ruffle a feather if I even had one.  Youve proven yourself to be the worst beat writer in the history of the NFL.  You are, and always have been, a dishonest fabricator who makes up ficticious anonymous sources all in the hopes of agitating a frustrated fan base.  You are as unprofessional as they come.  The Daily tampon rag (Daily News) found a real sh*thead to do its bidding. COngratulations for being a little green piece of snot, Manish.   

Archived