2017 Cotton Bowl: USC vs Ohio State; ESPN 8:30 ET

jetrider

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He isn’t jittery at all like you see from Baker once in awhile. And I really like Baker. This is why Sam is coveted.

Just my opinion, but not sure I agree with that.  I think part of his problem with turnovers is he is nervous in the pocket and rushes throws/decisions because of it.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I've seen a ton of teams play OSU. How can they not put a spy on Barrett?

Because the majority of their QB runs are power runs.  It's not as though he is scrambling all over the place on broken pass plays.  Spy him all you want, it's still just like playing a power ISO against a Half back.  Not really spying him, just trying to play your run fits.

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Just my opinion, but not sure I agree with that.  I think part of his problem with turnovers is he is nervous in the pocket and rushes throws/decisions because of it.

But he has good habits that cover that up. His body positioning when throwing, his awareness and he keeps his head down the field. Very good habits to build off of.

46 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He tried his best to trade up to #1 for Goff/Wentz ..price was just too steep being that he picked #20

he tried to trade up for Laramey Tunsil when he was falling.

he hasn’t been sitting on his hands. This is his last opportunity to get his guy. I expect a more aggressive approach no matter what. And I think he will deliver. I’m a Mac supporter. I believe in him.

Maybe he’ll try to trade up this year too, then take a mediocre defensive player at a non-premium position this year too!

12 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Darnold looking good so far.  There is  an awful turnover or 2 lying in the weeds somewhere.  Interested to see if he can avoid them.

Welp, there it is.  That is an atroscious play.  He is a turnover machine.  I just don't think he's ready for the NFL.  I don't think he comes out.

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Welp, there it is.  That is an atroscious play.  He is a turnover machine.  I just don't think he's ready for the NFL.  I don't think he comes out.

Probably be in his best interest -- from a football perspective -- to stay in school another year.  Too many of these bad mistakes all season long.

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

Probably be in his best interest -- from a football perspective -- to stay in school another year.  Too many of these bad mistakes all season long.

I agree.  He needs another year of learning before he is ready for the NFL.

If he could be guaranteed to go somewhere for a year and sit, then sure, but if he went to the Browns or somewhere he was asked to go from the start, I think he could have a decent shot at flopping.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

They need to put him back under center. Another year in the NCAA playing spread is not good for him.

They didn’t do Darnold any favors with offense this year, but he has made a lot of those type INTs 

1 minute ago, Stark said:

They didn’t do Darnold any favors with offense this year, but he has made a lot of those type INTs 

Looked like if he wasn’t in shot gun it might not of even happened. The fake run-pass was read perfectly by the defender that tipped it. He knew exactly what was happening. I hate spread offenses in NCAA no matter how effective they are.

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I agree.  He needs another year of learning before he is ready for the NFL.

If he could be guaranteed to go somewhere for a year and sit, then sure, but if he went to the Browns or somewhere he was asked to go from the start, I think he could have a decent shot at flopping.

Wait. So should I now be hoping the Jets don’t end up with Darnold??

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

If he declares, you should. If he doesn’t than you shouldn’t.?

I think he’s right though. He’d be best to sit for a year behind Eli or something. I can’t imsgine all these turnovers going over too well as a Jet. I know he’s got “it” and all but doesn’t seem like a plug and play kinda guy. But what the hell do I know ?‍♂️

Watching this game my impression of Darnold is the same as it was the previous 4 times i saw him. He is not a plug and play NFL player. He looks the part, he moves the part but the throws are not NFL caliber right now. Especially late in the year, the timing should be way better with receivers.

Archived