2017 Cotton Bowl: USC vs Ohio State; ESPN 8:30 ET

jetrider

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This turnover stuff has got to stop... but on the other hand, these drives Sam plays are as good as anything you'll see. I don't think he needs to stay behind another year, I don't see his game evolving anymore at the College level. He needs good coaching, the right people to break him out of the boneheaded habits he has with ball security. That's different IMO from something that would keep a "wet behind the ears" QB back a year.

6 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I think he’s right though. He’d be best to sit for a year behind Eli or something. I can’t imsgine all these turnovers going over too well as a Jet. I know he’s got “it” and all but doesn’t seem like a plug and play kinda guy. But what the hell do I know ?‍♂️

I think he’s right too. Just wish he wasn’t right. I’m telling y’all... this shotgun sh*t is ruining him. Hey, I guess a good alternative if he doesn’t declare is the Giants will have a huge choice to make #2 with Baker being the next guy up ..hell the Browns will have a huge choice to make at #1 with Rosen not wanting to play there/them not wanting him. 

But yeah, he does need another year of polishing.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No thanks to Sam Darnold so far after seeing him in tonights big game. 

#14 is another hack artist choke job Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

He is slinging it with accuracy and poise when he isn’t getting hit. Paradise is on point. You are actually seeing as good as drives as you will see. It’s just these turnovers.

13 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Wait. So should I now be hoping the Jets don’t end up with Darnold??

Personally, I've never wanted him.  I've said for quite awhile I never got the hype around him.  I just think he's got big time flop potential.  Not near the polished prospect he was made out to be.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Personally, I've never wanted him.  I've said for quite awhile I never got the hype around him.  I just think he's got big time flop potential.  Not near the polished prospect he was made out to be.

So, where do you sit on the big names. Rosen, Jackson, Mayfield, Allen etc. You're the GM - what's your play

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

So, where do you sit on the big names. Rosen, Jackson, Mayfield, Allen etc. You're the GM - what's your play

I think Rosen will be good, but more like Matt Stafford good.  Good, but never great.

I think Allen isn't quite as bad as he's made out to be around here, but I don't want the Jets drafting him.  I think he'll be a starter in the NFL for at least a stretch, but not a real solution.  Blake Bortles type path.

Jackson I really don't have a clue, but if I had to guess, I would say he won't be very successful, unless he goes to a coach that can really tailor the entire offense to him.  Related thought, I'm more convinced than ever its all about coaching when it comes to QBs.

And finally to Mayfield, I can't really say why, cause I don't really have a great reason, but I think he's the one.  His biggest knock is his size and the conference.  The difference with him in my opinion is that his coach doesn't run those gimmick offenses you see all over the Big 12.  Lots of NFL concepts under Riley.

Too long, sorry.

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I think Rosen will be good, but more like Matt Stafford good.  Good, but never great.

I think Allen isn't quite as bad as he's made out to be around here, but I don't want the Jets drafting him.  I think he'll be a starter in the NFL for at least a stretch, but not a real solution.  Blake Bortles type path.

Jackson I really don't have a clue, but if I had to guess, I would say he won't be very successful, unless he goes to a coach that can really tailor the entire offense to him.  Related thought, I'm more convinced than ever its all about coaching when it comes to QBs.

And finally to Mayfield, I can't really say why, cause I don't really have a great reason, but I think he's the one.  His biggest knock is his size and the conference.  The difference with him in my opinion is that his coach doesn't run those gimmick offenses you see all over the Big 12.  Lots of NFL concepts under Riley.

Too long, sorry.

I don’t think Allen even has that much success. Agree he won’t be absolute trash but at least Bortles has had a decent year..10 win season... think he threw 30 TD’s a year or two ago. Don’t think Allen ever throws 30. Mayfield and Rosen are my two hopefuls.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I don’t think Allen even has that much success. Agree he won’t be absolute trash but at least Bortles has had a decent year..10 win season... think he threw 30 TD’s a year or two ago. Don’t think Allen ever throws 30. Mayfield and Rosen are my two hopefuls.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think Allen would never throw 30 touchdowns in an NFL season when we don’t even know where he goes or what system he goes to or what coach works with him?

4 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think Allen would never throw 30 touchdowns in an NFL season when we don’t even know where he goes or what system he goes to or what coach works with him?

I don’t think he makes good enough reads.i don’t think he has good enough accuracy/ball placement. He has a strong arm..that’s about it. The NFL windows are way tighter and corners close in faster. He hasn’t even faced decent competition to warrant anything positive on the next level.

Archived