Sign in to follow this  
jetrider

2017 Cotton Bowl: USC vs Ohio State; ESPN 8:30 ET

Christ, I'm not even trying to be funny, but I'm having Sanchez flashbacks.  It took me FOREVER to admit to myself that all the fumbles and weird turnovers weren't just bad luck.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The pass before that was an NFL pass. But my goodness

Idk what to even think anymore of Darnold. He is too loose with the ball but then again he threads it right it the sideline other times

i think i just took Darnold off my board lol....seriously though....after going through Sanchez and his turnovers, kind of glad we dont have to decide on drafting this kid.

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Christ, I'm not even trying to be funny, but I'm having Sanchez flashbacks.  It took me FOREVER to admit to myself that all the fumbles and weird turnovers weren't just bad luck.

He is a better natural thrower than Mark. He’s more exciting but I have to agree with you all....this is unacceptable..the spotlight is on..the scouts are out...I know his team is failing him but DAMN..he’s failing himself.

Darnold used to escape those traffic jams, it was his specialty. It's like he forgot how to do it.

Bottom line, he needs to leave 'SC before the OL ends his life.

Rosen would've had 3 or 4 concussions tonight and a few dislocated body parts. Just sayin. 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He is a better natural thrower than Mark. He’s more exciting but I have to agree with you all....this is unacceptable..the spotlight is on..the scouts are out...I know his team is failing him but DAMN..he’s failing himself.

to be fair Sanchez had one heck of a highlight reel, not sure he was any less natural throwing then Darnold but he was surrounded by talented kids.

If Darnold wasn't playing in that college football wasteland known as USC he'd be amazing.

just hit me...Darnold is not going back to school for 2 reasons:

1. his OL will get him killed

2. nothing good can happen mechanics wise after running for your life

Was going to say this earlier, strictly as a college football fan.  The Cotton Bowl is great. OSU/USC is great(even though this game has been boring). OSU vs USC in the Cotton Bowl is lame and makes both the game and the matchup feel a little less prestigious somehow.

I turned the TV off. This isn’t going to be an epic comeback as I thought it could possibly be early in the 3rd...this one is over. Wonder when Darnold makes his decision public.

8 hours ago, sourceworx said:

We didn't have to suck for Sam. He sucked for us.

Maybe that’s his plan, no one wants to go to Cleveland lol

30 minutes ago, Stark said:

Maybe that’s his plan, no one wants to go to Cleveland lol

So you're saying he tanked on purpose. 

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

So you're saying he tanked on purpose. 

No was facetious. But if I was him I wouldn’t want to go to Cleveland 

13 hours ago, jetrider said:

Darnold used to escape those traffic jams, it was his specialty. It's like he forgot how to do it.

Bottom line, he needs to leave 'SC before the OL ends his life.

Rosen would've had 3 or 4 concussions tonight and a few dislocated body parts. Just sayin. 

Lol

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Peyton Manning sucked in bowl games too what a bust

Yeah but he was good otherwise. Darnold has largely sucked all season.

He's way overrated.

47 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

He's way overrated.

How many of the games did you watch Darnold play in?

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

He's way overrated.

No he’s not keep jerking off to college stats 

13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

No he’s not keep jerking off to college stats 

You're right. Interceptions don't matter. He has the it factor.

38 minutes ago, peebag said:

How many of the games did you watch Darnold play in?

After you all creamed your collective pants over his Rose Bowl game last year, some of that white stuff apparently shot into your eyes. Blinded you to all of his sh*tty performances this year.

He's not that good. 

He's way overrated.

Didnt watch many games, did you?

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Didnt watch many games, did you?

I saw three. He sucked in all of them.

Just now, sourceworx said:

I saw three. He sucked in all of them.

Wow, 3?  You only missed 11 games

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wow, 3?  You only missed 11 games

I have a life. A house to maintain, a little kid. I'm lucky (if you want to call it that) that I get to watch the Jets for a couple of hours each week. 

I saw Darnold in three games. He was terrible in all of them. Everyone has a bad game, but the top pick in the draft, who everyone said we should throw away a season for, should not have three of them in one year.

He's unremarkable to me. The #1 overall pick should not be an unremarkable player in college. He shouldn't be throwing picks as frequently as he does. 

Honestly, what makes him so great in your eyes? What does he do that makes him so much better than everyone else? All I hear are excuses about the coach and the team around him. Sounds very Hackenberg-like if you ask me.

7 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I have a life. A house to maintain, a little kid. I'm lucky (if you want to call it that) that I get to watch the Jets for a couple of hours each week. 

I saw Darnold in three games. He was terrible in all of them. Everyone has a bad game, but the top pick in the draft, who everyone said we should throw away a season for, should not have three of them in one year.

He's unremarkable to me. The #1 overall pick should not be an unremarkable player in college. He shouldn't be throwing picks as frequently as he does. 

Honestly, what makes him so great in your eyes? What does he do that makes him so much better than everyone else? All I hear are excuses about the coach and the team around him. Sounds very Hackenberg-like if you ask me.

All good, not blaming you for not seeing every game, but you are the one saying he sucked all season while not having seen 1/4 of his games.  I DVR games to watch the QBs.  Works

He has talent, its obvious when you watch him  He needs some development but its there.  He makes throws that make you take notice.  Hes been inconsistent this season, I get it, he also doesnt have the experience of others.  I'm looking for a QB who has talent over games.  Marino had a miserable senior season and slid to 31.  Happens all the time, but a handful of bad games, playing on a team that isnt that good is hardly the way I would rate a guy.  You would be the only person who would put Hack and Darnold in the same comment.  

42 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

All good, not blaming you for not seeing every game, but you are the one saying he sucked all season while not having seen 1/4 of his games.  I DVR games to watch the QBs.  Works

He has talent, its obvious when you watch him  He needs some development but its there.  He makes throws that make you take notice.  Hes been inconsistent this season, I get it, he also doesnt have the experience of others.  I'm looking for a QB who has talent over games.  Marino had a miserable senior season and slid to 31.  Happens all the time, but a handful of bad games, playing on a team that isnt that good is hardly the way I would rate a guy.  You would be the only person who would put Hack and Darnold in the same comment.  

Add to this, for most of the season he was playing with a patchwork O-line.  He was literally running for his life in a lot of games.

He's still a talent I'd bank on.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, peebag said:

Add to this, for most of the season he was playing with a patchwork O-line.  He was literally running for his life in a lot of games.

Agree, hoping others run from him and he drops to where we can grab him

19 minutes ago, peebag said:

This guy is special, if we had a shot at him (which I don't think we have) The Jets should run to the podium with the card.

• Upvote 2

After you all creamed your collective pants over his Rose Bowl game last year, some of that white stuff apparently shot into your eyes. Blinded you to all of his sh*tty performances this year.

He's not that good. 

Don't WORRY he will star for the Giants for the next 15 years

• Upvote 1

The Penn State coach just referred to the whole college football thing as an organization. These schools don’t even have to hide it anymore! What happened to just calling it a program?!?! 

I got a feeling Darnold won’t declare.  He’s not ready and he knows it

Just want to point out that these QBs who play on super teams and don't face adversity in college usually suck in the pros. It's easy to look good when you have a huge talent advantage in every game (Leinart, Sanchez, Ken Dorsey, etc.).  

10 years ago, if you asked this board if they'd rather have Leinart or Cutler, almost everyone would have picked Leinart.  What Darnold went through this year will serve him well in the NFL.

• Upvote 1