Suck for Sam they said

Maxman

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends I if Darnold declares. Even off a bad game he's going top 5.

If he stays in school the Giants may trade the pick. If he's in the draft I think it's QB 1&2 and neither team will trade. Then it's a mad scrabble for Mayfield, Allen and Jackson.

We won't be have the ammo.  

6 hours ago, Titan24 said:

Can we just sign K Cousins and build team around that? 

Strengthen the OL? 

Get some playmakers?

got news for all the let’s trade up and get Rosen, darnold or draft  L Jackson, B Mayfield crowd.... they most likely will not be C Wentz and for sure they will not be A Rodgers.... sign the known commodity and build around him

Cousins is going to Denver

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am having fun with all those that told so many of us that we were stupid for rooting for the Jets. I was told that exact thing.

We are fans. I have said all along we don't control the outcome.

No one ever, ever said that fans control the outcome of games. That you cling to that shows the weakness of your argument that "real" fans root for the team every week no matter how bad it was for the franchise to win five games - which they did and it didn't take Nostrafckingdamus to predict that as the ceiling.

You were wrong then and you're wrong now. Five wins is still way worse than two wins. We're still the team that got our asses handed to us by the Browns. That has not changed. We have not grown since then. The team is not "learning how to win" or some other mystic nonsense. Josh McCown just won team MVP and you seem to be perfectly fine with that, which boggles my mind.

So, the argument was ALWAYS the "I think there are two very good prospects that are head and shoulders above the others at the most important position in all of sports that our team has lacked for five ******* decades, I think I can sit through a REALLY bad season to get one of those" VS "hey let's win five or six games and I'm sure we'll find a quarterback somehow in the fog that winning five or six games creates for those that make the decisions for this team, a fog in which they have totally thrived so far, picking our REAL next QB in the second round who hasn't seen the field in three seasons, those decision makers, yep I'm sure they'll do great at finding someone that can play quarterback."

Sam Darnold getting sacked eight times and having a bad game against a far superior team or even a mediocre season does nothing to change how wrong you were on September 10th, just as if we somehow were to find the next Tom Brady in the sixth round in this upcoming draft you could not gloat over being right. The idea was still dumb.

And of course, there's always the chance that Darnold becomes a franchise QB and you look silly again, so let's not go sucking our own dicks just yet, huh?

By the way, out of total curiosity, you rooting for the Patriots or Good Ol' East Rutherford University this week? Rah Rah sis boom bah?

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Maybe you should look around and read.  The tank crowd is still ripping those of us who didn't agree for being stuck picking at 5 or so.  Will go down in flames thinking they had it figured out. That the 3rd or 4th pick would turn it all around but 5 or 6 is so, Jetsy, LOL

We would have had the 2nd pick if josh McCown was on this roster. I see 3 wins we definately would have lost if petty was in there instead of him. But I’m fine with McCown coming back, we need to re-build the line and get “real “offensive weapons before we ask some rookie to carry this current offense ha

6 hours ago, Matt39 said:

What separates the top 3 vs guys like Jackson, Will Grier etc 

Depends who your top 3 guys are. Darnold is the one guy I hope we steer clear of. Because of the concussions I have some concerns over Rosen.

Jackson is a phenomenal talent but he’s not a classic pocket passer, can he be coached to run that type of offense where he’ll pick you apart without looking to take off and run at the first sign of pressure? If so he’ll be a monster.

i think the problem Jets fans are going to have this year is not that there aren’t a bunch of very exciting QB prospects coming out, there are, and way more than last year. It’s that very few are NFL ready and we are just too impatient to accept another year of someone like McCown or even a Case Keemun while the new guy sits for a year. 

Most of the prospects other than Rosen will have some transitioning questions about them, doesn’t mean they won’t come in and start straight away or even by mid-season but at this point there are questions about most of them. Maybe Mayfield can be a day 1 starter but beyond that we are looking at another veteran ‘bridge’ QB

I can understand and see what Sam Darnold fans see. Even though this was a bad game for USC, Darnold did make about 4 or 5 really impressive throws.

What i will say is that Darnold really needs a solid oline and running game at the next level if he's going to succeed. He's not good under pressure and will put the ball on the ground for sure.

The kid is talented though, you can see it even in what was an overall bad game. He's a turnover machine though. My only issue was the overhyping. He's not as great at this point as all the hype would suggest. 

Bottomline though, you cant turn the ball over like this simply because you played a good defense. This trait is what will kill Cleveland yet again if he cant fix it and he is drafted #1

It’s almost like someone was like hey, pump the breaks on this Darnold and the 2018 QB class.  It’s way overhyped.  And it’s almost like someone received a ridiculous amount of angry opposition for saying such an absolutely crazy thing about the great 2018 QB class. 

27 minutes ago, JiF said:

It’s almost like someone was like hey, pump the breaks on this Darnold and the 2018 QB class.  It’s way overhyped.  And it’s almost like someone received a ridiculous amount of angry opposition for saying such an absolutely crazy thing about the great 2018 QB class. 

Now it’s the best OT class in years ha. I sure would love to have McGlinchey but I’d be surprised if he falls to us

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Unless of course you trust Mike Maccagnan to find a QB outside of the first 5 picks.  I sure don't.  Minimize the risk so that any idiot can make the correct QB pick.  That's pretty much a necessity for a franchise that doesn't have a superior front office.  

I wouldnt trust Macc to find a QB in the Hall of fame. 

7 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Deshaun Watson had a bigger impact in the few games he played than Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye have had combined playing a full season.

That's the difference between a QB and ******* safeties.

Jamal Adams was a wasted pick. We missed the chance to truly improve the team by passing on Watson and Mahomes. Sorry if that statement makes your a$$hole pucker, but hearing the truth hurts sometimes.

People are still acting like we got a good safety.

Eric Berry had 4 picks and a TD year 1.  So, comparing Jamal Adams to him makes sense.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am sorry this tank never happened. You seem really upset by it.

Darnold seems like a great kid. I hope he becomes a great QB. Would be even better if he did that for the Jets.

But rooting against the Jets is pointless when you are a Jets fan. That point remains.

I had a great time going to the games with my family and friends. I just can't root against things I care for. And for the 100th time, sucking for sam wasn't needed. He isn't going # 1 overall despite what so many Jets fans were told.

I will have fun rooting for the Jets with Mayfield next year. Or Cousins. Or whatever Macc decides.

I am a fan. I root for the team to win.

Today, 12/30/17, what would be better for the Jets?  Having the #2 pick for next year, or having the 8th pick?

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

There are no guarantees.  Everyone was all in on Darnold, now he sucks.  If we tanked came in second and Rosen was taken 1 where would we be?  Reading how the Jets were morons tanking, lol.  Especially dealing with 2 QBs who have to declare.  

And as for the draft equity, lol, like all the good it did cleveland passing on the QB for picks last year?  Like it did for us when Parcells turned the 1 into how many star players?  

Everyone dreams of the quick, easy fix.  Lose and get a franchise QB.  Works every time. 

Cleveland has 2 picks in the top 5 and 5 in the first 2 rounds.  There draft equity is awesome.  The difference between us and them is that they played their Christian Hackenberg and our Christian Hackenberg splits scout team reps with Joel Stave.

15 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

But those 5 wins were so satisfying because the young players like McCown and Forte really developed and learned how to win!

Obviously, the true strategy of winning would be to have 5 consecutive 0-16 season, then the team can finally look to stat figuring out how to win. THAT is how true winning organizations do it.

BRILLIANT.

4 hours ago, jetsons said:

I don't see a new GM taking a QB with the 1st pick... I see them going O-line or trading down.

I disagree with this.  Most teams only pick this high  every 10-15 years.  The Giants aren’t gonna pass on taking a QB at 2 unless they decide to go after Cousins.

In fact, Cousins might be a better option because they could settle their QB spot and then force a team like the Jets to give up three drafts worth of picks to get a rookie QB.

11 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Obviously, the true strategy of winning would be to have 5 consecutive 0-16 season, then the team can finally look to stat figuring out how to win. THAT is how true winning organizations do it.

BRILLIANT.

I don't know which part of this post I like more, the five consecutive 0-16 argument or the figuring out how to win.

9 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

BRILLIANT.

I know you’re trying to be funny here, but after a, what, 7th consecutive failed season to even make the playoffs, maybe the old way of doing things hasn’t been working. If the Jets are going to settled into lots of 5-7 wins seasons, what fun is that as a fan? What’s the point as a fan? If you’re not aiming to be a super bowl contender? Why not set yourself up one season to have the best opportunity to land the best young talent in the draft? Or then trading said high picks for multiple picks to fill the gaping, gangrene wounds on this roster. 

Or just keep doing what’s been doing because that’s obviously been brilliant. 

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I know you’re trying to be funny here, but after a, what, 7th consecutive failed season to even make the playoffs, maybe the old way of doing things hasn’t been working. If the Jets are going to settled into lots of 5-7 wins seasons, what fun is that as a fan? What’s the point as a fan? If you’re not aiming to be a super bowl contender? Why not set yourself up one season to have the best opportunity to land the best young talent in the draft? Or then trading said high picks for multiple picks to fill the gaping, gangrene wounds on this roster. 

Or just keep doing what’s been doing because that’s obviously been brilliant. 

Do you know what, this is the first time that the Jets have had back to back losing seasons in 20 seasons. So"lots" of 5-7 win seasons isn't a true characterization.

I get it, there is frustration following this franchise. I also get that Bowles and Macc can't be blamed for the years before they got here, which many are doing. I also get that they are coming off 2 seasons that can't be characterized as "good".

But I also get that the secret to success is not tried failure. The plans that many claimed here would bring them to the promised land, look tattered in its detail.

17 minutes ago, Pcola said:

I disagree with this.  Most teams only pick this high  every 10-15 years.  The Giants aren’t gonna pass on taking a QB at 2 unless they decide to go after Cousins.

In fact, Cousins might be a better option because they could settle their QB spot and then force a team like the Jets to give up three drafts worth of picks to get a rookie QB.

Putting aside what anyone thinks of cousins, it could very well be the way to go and Im guessing we try it. If we had Cousins you could really bolster the O line for years to come. Really nice O line draft.

Darnold has the ability to be a very good NFL QB, but he needs to learn to dial down his aggressiveness in certain situations. 

I don't see what Darnold gains from coming back for another year. USC is not very talented and that OL looks like complete trash. Ohio State dominated them last night in the trenches. If Darnold is projected to go top 10, he needs to come out. He isn't winning the Heisman or the National Title at USC if he comes back next year. 

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

People are still acting like we got a good safety.

Eric Berry had 4 picks and a TD year 1.  So, comparing Jamal Adams to him makes sense.

Jamal Adams is used as a hybrid safety/LB.  He probably never have a high amount of picks in that role.   

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

Cleveland has 2 picks in the top 5 and 5 in the first 2 rounds.  There draft equity is awesome.  The difference between us and them is that they played their Christian Hackenberg and our Christian Hackenberg splits scout team reps with Joel Stave.

At what cost?  They lost out on Wentz or Goff.  If I was cleveland I'd rather have the QB, their equity came at a price.  

18 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

He just need moor weaponz

Yeah, he's totally like Sanchez, I guess. Except Mark Sanchez had three pro bowlers on his offensive line, a pass catching TE, the best running game in football, a Super Bowl MVP at WR and Braylon Edwards.

Other than that, it's pretty much the same. Especially when you misspell wordz and stuff.

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah, he's totally like Sanchez, I guess. Except Mark Sanchez had three pro bowlers on his offensive line, a pass catching TE, the best running game in football, a Super Bowl MVP at WR and Braylon Edwards.

Other than that, it's pretty much the same. Especially when you misspell wordz and stuff.

Wow

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

But those 5 wins were so satisfying because the young players like McCown and Forte really developed and learned how to win!

Oh yea let’s go 0-16. That would of done wonders for this franchise and players like Anderson and McGuire! You are a smart one Carl! 

Archived