Suck for Sam they said

Maxman

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Nope. Still have to try your young guys and not have the time management skills of a toddler.

he actually did....a lot of young guys played this year...just not the ones that playing them would have been detrimental to the rest of the team because they sucked so bad in practice. 

as far as the time management issues...well no coach is going to be perfect. They all have at least one bunion.

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not happening.  His stock likely didn't fall much at all from this game, and even if it did, it'll go right back up between now and April once the NFL scouts and front offices get a closer look at him.  

Recent history has proven that if there are QB's worth taking near the top of the draft, they'll probably go 1-2, even if they're not as "elite" a prospect as, say, Andrew Luck was coming out of school.  Winston-Mariota and Goff-Wentz proved that.  None of them were super-elite prospects, but they were viewed at least to be solid starters, and thus went 1-2.  Trubisky was even less of a prospect but was taken # 2 for his tantalizing upside.

It's a virtual lock that Rosen and Darnold will be off the board by the time we pick.  And I don't expect Mayfield to be there either.  

This.

And because the Browns GM will be under orders to take a QB and because the Giants need a QB, we aren't getting Rosen or Darnold.

The idiots winning 5 games with Ryan Fitzpatrick II.  Was the worst case scenario we all feared back in September.  And it happened.  Of course.

SAR I

48 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

he actually did....a lot of young guys played this year...just not the ones that playing them would have been detrimental to the rest of the team because they sucked so bad in practice. 

as far as the time management issues...well no coach is going to be perfect. They all have at least one bunion.

Is a huge bunion. It loses us many games.

25 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This.

And because the Browns GM will be under orders to take a QB and because the Giants need a QB, we aren't getting Rosen or Darnold.

The idiots winning 5 games with Ryan Fitzpatrick II.  Was the worst case scenario we all feared back in September.  And it happened.  Of course.

SAR I

SAR I you are 100% correct but its done in the books its what the Jets do in the off-season on draft day that matters now. 

Macc can trade up or down in the draft. 

Macc can trade for a franchise QB. 

Macc can buy one in free agency though I'm not a firm believer in Cousins or Smith as being franchise QB's.

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You kidding? Just consider yourself lucky I didn't call you.

OMG that would have been bad. It has been a few years since I had to change my number. I hope to keep that streak alive lol.

23 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

How many passes has Jamal Adams defended? What's his PFF grade?

I do agree, however, defense is neglected in fantasy football. It's half the game and defenses are treated like kickers. It's dumb.

Because most people who play fantasy don’t know enough to be competent at IDP

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:51 PM, bla bla bla said:

If this continues and Mayfield plays well in the playoffs he might just be the #1 pick. I really want Mayfield but it scares me that we may not have a shot even if we get the #6th pick.

They play ZERO defense in the Big 12 which makes me nervous about Mayfield.

I will say though if he goes out there an rips up Georgia and then has a really good game against either Clemson or Bama then I would  be sold

5 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah, but even team defense is treated like it's not part of the game.

Because it’s insanely flukey.  IDP is a better measure of skill and football knowledge but most millennial playing fantasy couldn’t name more than 3 defensive starters not on their team

6 hours ago, shawn306 said:

They play ZERO defense in the Big 12 which makes me nervous about Mayfield.

I will say though if he goes out there an rips up Georgia and then has a really good game against either Clemson or Bama then I would  be sold

Mayfield is going to be such a train wreck he might be an even bigger washout than Manziel he is a PUNK these guys washing his balls have no idea

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Mayfield is going to be such a train wreck he might be an even bigger washout than Manziel he is a PUNK these guys washing his balls have no idea

If you want to make it through the off-season without getting banned again, I suggest you don't attack those you don't agree with.

Being smarter than everyone else is probably a burden for you. But please try to handle a difficult situation like that with class.

On 12/30/2017 at 2:04 PM, Maxman said:

I agree on the one and two. Mayfield would have to make a meteoric jump to not be there at 7.

He might screw himself when they take his height at the combine. I love the kid would be really happy if he was our quarterback next year I just don't think he's going top 5.

He's a polarizing prospect, for sure, and sort of the fulcrum on which much of the 1st and 2nd rounds rest for this draft.  But I just have to think one team out there will say "F*ck it, Drew Brees is like 5 foot 11" and either stick and pick for him OR trade up to get him. 

He's got everything but the measurables, which means he's got a very high chance of success in the NFL.  He'll forever have a chip on his shoulder.  

51 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's a polarizing prospect, for sure, and sort of the fulcrum on which much of the 1st and 2nd rounds rest for this draft.  But I just have to think one team out there will say "F*ck it, Drew Brees is like 5 foot 11" and either stick and pick for him OR trade up to get him. 

He's got everything but the measurables, which means he's got a very high chance of success in the NFL.  He'll forever have a chip on his shoulder.  

Agreed. It will be tough for many teams to take him because of his size, the offense he comes from and the drama. But like you said, the chip on his shoulder will forever motivate him. Meanwhile, a dude like Josh Rosen, who is a far more ideal QB prospect, is the exact opposite when it comes to being tough, a leader and having passion for the game.

Give me the kid that cries after losing his final College game over the kid that uses a 3 week old concussion as an excuse to miss his teams last Bowl game. 

16 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Agreed. It will be tough for many teams to take him because of his size, the offense he comes from and the drama. But like you said, the chip on his shoulder will forever motivate him. Meanwhile, a dude like Josh Rosen, who is a far more ideal QB prospect, is the exact opposite when it comes to being tough, a leader and having passion for the game.

Give me the kid that cries after losing his final College game over the kid that uses a 3 week old concussion as an excuse to miss his teams last Bowl game. 

I hear what you're saying, but we don't know how serious the concussion was.  If it were you, or your boy, in the same situation, and the risk of another concussion could threaten your entire potential NFL career, would you not consider the possibility that not playing was the smart thing to do?  Frankly, I'm hoping it turns the Browns and Giants off enough for us to move up and get him.  

Before you answer about Rosen's heart and passion, go back and watch the 2nd half of the Texas A&M game.  30 minutes (really just the last 20).  That's not a kid who doesn't care about football.

17 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I hear what you're saying, but we don't know how serious the concussion was.  If it were you, or your boy, in the same situation, and the risk of another concussion could threaten your entire potential NFL career, would you not consider the possibility that not playing was the smart thing to do?  Frankly, I'm hoping it turns the Browns and Giants off enough for us to move up and get him.  

Before you answer about Rosen's heart and passion, go back and watch the 2nd half of the Texas A&M game.  30 minutes (really just the last 20).  That's not a kid who doesn't care about football.

If it was baker Mayfield, he plays in that bowl game. Mayfield is even playing in the Senior bowl. But yeah, if it was my kid, I'd tell him to sit but if my kid was baker Mayfield I'd know he wouldn't listen.

As for the Texas a&m game, it was very nice but I suggest you rewatch it as well. There was one TD pass late that went right through a defenders arms and another that was an across-his-body pass that could have easily been picked off. Sure he showed heart, and he may very well be an elite NFL QB. I'd take him in a heart beat. Just saying, there is something about him that doesn't sit well with me. 

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If it was baker Mayfield, he plays in that bowl game. Mayfield is even playing in the Senior bowl. But yeah, if it was my kid, I'd tell him to sit but if my kid was baker Mayfield I'd know he wouldn't listen.

As for the Texas a&m game, it was very nice but I suggest you rewatch it as well. There was one TD pass late that went right through a defenders arms and another that was an across-his-body pass that could have easily been picked off. Sure he showed heart, and he may very well be an elite NFL QB. I'd take him in a heart beat. Just saying, there is something about him that doesn't sit well with me. 

I remember that pass.  It was lucky no doubt.  But I also remember watching a kid carrying a team with an OL that was horrible, a running game that wasn't effective, and a defense that forgot it was Saturday.  He made mistakes but stayed cool and threw a perfect pass on that final fake spike to win the game.  He's got opinions (which I don't think are wrong btw) and maybe is a little quick to share them, but I think he would re-write the record books here very quickly and I can overlook the rest if he can find a way to beat out McCown and get on the field within his first three years.

45 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Rosen was smart not to play in a non-playoff bowl game that had only downside risk on his draft position due to injury/another concussion. 

Conversely, Mayfield was playing for a potential CFB championship, plus he needs every single rep he can get to raise his stock.

There is a reason for the disconnect, but it has nothing to do with "heart" or passion for the game.

• 3 months later...

Archived