Own it!

Jetster

Since so many people on this site think they are smarter than the scouts & some even tell others which QBs will be good & which ones will suck, let's have this one thread that will be very easy to find so in the future we can repost this thread & see where all this sites "experts" stand.

My Franchise QBs in the 2018 NFL draft are....Mason Rudoph, Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson. I think Darnold is another overrated USC QB. My dark horse is Finley. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I don't think it matters until they are drafted.  I'm 100% convinced more than ever, a lot more of it has to do with coaching than anything.

Relatively speaking, Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield are all in the same ball park as prospects. The difference will be who gets paired with a coach that understands how to utilize their strengths.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't think it matters until they are drafted.  I'm 100% convinced more than ever, a lot more of it has to do with coaching than anything.

Relatively speaking, Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield are all in the same ball park as prospects. The difference will be who gets paired with a coach that understands how to utilize their strengths.

This.  Except for Mayfield.  It will take some time for Baker to be ready to play in the NFL, if ever.

46 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Since so many people on this site think they are smarter than the scouts & some even tell others which QBs will be good & which ones will suck, let's have this one thread that will be very easy to find so in the future we can repost this thread & see where all this sites "experts" stand.

My Franchise QBs in the 2018 NFL draft are....Mason Rudoph, Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson. I think Darnold is another overrated USC QB. My dark horse is Finley. 

If you check some of the other forums, like the draft, many of us have listed our rankings over the past few months. I posted this on November 18th in the draft forum and I'm sticking to it.

On 11/18/2017 at 1:43 PM, Mackman55 said:

1 - Baker Mayfield - Far and away the best QB prospect in this class. Veteran signal caller has improved each year and has shown poise, accuracy  along with incredible leadership in helping Oklahoma to a possible playoff assignment. The only QB that can step in and start right away.

2 - Sam Darnold - Regressed this year after a superb 2016 as he adjusts to a new offensive system.  Despite his off year Darnold still shows off an accurate arm and the "it" factor in being able to make the big plays when most needed. A little worry would be how he would handle the cold, wet and windy east coast weather. 

====== I see a big drop off after the first two-----------

3 - Lamar Jackson -  Has taken another step forward as a passer this year with improved focus and mechanics. Not a 1-2 year savior but if put in the right situation could be a major weapon down the line with his breathtaking running ability. 

4/5 - Mason Rudolph / Ryan Finley - Both have shown flashes of talent and production which must be respected. Should be drafted as developmental prospects and groomed.

Would not draft under any circumstances:

Josh Rosen - Terrible under pressure, he lives in the middle of the field when he can throw in rhythm, average QB when challenged. Injury prone, throws tons of bad interceptions. The most overrated QB in the class IMO. 

Josh Allen - Off his performances this year he should barely receive a draft-able grade. Plays most of his games against 2nd and 3rd rate competition, looked like a HS QB against Oregon's first tier athletes. A look strider, he is totally miscast as an read option QB absorbing way too may hits with his upright running style. Completely melts down under pressure in the pocket and sometimes appears most comfortable rolling right and throwing on the move.

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Mayfield is a step down from the these 2.  I would take any of them though

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

True, but you have to take other things into account.  

We all fell in love with him a month ago.  

Other than 3 or 4 inches of height, I'd like to know what he doesn't posses the other 2 do?  I'll concede arm strength to Rosen.

"Everyone fell in love with him a month ago" because no one told people that they you should prior to that.  

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Other than 3 or 4 inches of height, I'd like to know what he doesn't posses the other 2 do?  I'll concede arm strength to Rosen.

"Everyone fell in love with him a month ago" because no one told you that you should prior to that.  

He gives up arm strength to Darnold too.  Dont know who started the noodle arm nonsense here.  If you think he doesnt you need to stop evaluating QBs.  Competition is a step down.  He doesnt throw into as tight a window as the other 2.  He doesnt check down his progressions nearly as well.  But hey, want to get pissy because I think that hes a step down right now for these reasons?  He is, has always been seen this way, could change going forward but up to now, nope.  Most still have him at 4.  But hey, its ok you like him.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

He gives up arm strength to Darnold too.  Dont know who started the noodle arm nonsense here.  If you think he doesnt you need to stop evaluating QBs.  Competition is a step down.  He doesnt throw into as tight a window as the other 2.  He doesnt check down his progressions nearly as well.  But hey, want to get pissy because I think that hes a step down right now for these reasons?  He is, has always been seen this way, could change going forward but up to now, nope.  Most still have him at 4.  But hey, its ok you like him.  

Darnold does not have a stronger arm than Mayfield.  That is ridiculous.  Your entire argument is ridiculous.  What makes you thing Darnold goes through his progressions well?  

Competition is a step down?  From the PAC 12?  Do you even watch college football?  I'm honestly asking.

18 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Darnold does not have a stronger arm than Mayfield.  That is ridiculous.  Your entire argument is ridiculous.  What makes you thing Darnold goes through his progressions well?  

Competition is a step down?  From the PAC 12?  Do you even watch college football?  I'm honestly asking.

Ridiculous?  Do I even watch football?  The entire argument is ridiculous?  You are pissy.  Believe what you want.