What is it going to take to see Hackenberg

Jetsplayer21

27 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

A blowout at the half ? Sooner ? Even if it’s 20-10 at halftime, put the dam kid in finally. 

I think the decision has already been made, whatever it is.

Hack may simply start the second half, no matter the score.  Or start the 4th quarter, again, no matter the score.

That's the best case for Hack, if Petty starts, I don't see Bowles, knowing Bowles, pulling him before halftime with anything less than 5 INT's.

But I expect it's very possible we see Hack play a half or a quarter at the end.

Everyone knows the ending to this story. Under pressure from the stands chanting "Hack in Coach" Bowles let's Hack in for the final series of the game. It's his reward for diligently running the opposing offense these past two years. With mere seconds to play Hack rips a 40 yard completion to Hansen, the adoring fans go wild...Hack has made his memory for a lifetime.

Meantime opposing Coach Bellicheat, thinks "damn if that kid ain't like Tammy without the bullsh*t wife, personal coach and chef". Casually walks over after the game and says to Hack, "call me after your cut, kid, your gonna be a star".

Fade to black.

I have seen enough of hack in the BIG10, and it does not sound like the Jets have done much of anything to develop this kid unless working with the scout team counts? Chan said he did not have time for him, Morton has towed the line but hey Kacy sees "arm talent" LOL. Actually a good article in the Post this week (see below.) At the end of the day it's a wasted 2nd round pick, time to move on, hack walks with $3m if cut tomorrow so I am sure he will have a nice life

https://nypost.com/2017/12/28/christian-hackenberg-has-at-least-turned-heads-in-practice/

Todd Bowles left open the possibility of playing backup quarterback Christian Hackenberg on Sunday against the Patriots. Offensive coordinator John Morton said he has seen progress from the second-year player this year.

“I just think getting familiar [with the offense], the biggest thing is the offense, the timing, the three-step, five-step, there’s a lot of stuff that goes into this offense,” Morton said. “Mentally he does a great job picking up everything. It’s just having the right footwork, making the right throws, making sure it’s on time. That’s the biggest thing. I’ll tell you what, he’s had a good week of practice. Both of those guys [Hackenberg and Bryce Petty] have so far.”

Hackenberg, who has not played a snap in two seasons, has spent most of the year facing the Jets’ defense as the scout-team quarterback. Defensive coordinator Kacy Rodgers said Hackenberg has shown some skills in practice.

“He’s been really good,” Rodgers said. “The thing is, the guy is talented. He just zings the ball around, and you sit there and you see the arm talent and all that, so he’s done a great job from that aspect for us.”

How Hackenberg would perform in a game situation is a mystery to everyone, even his coaches.

“I have [seen progress] in practice, but we don’t know in the game, you know what I mean,” Morton said.  Morton acknowledged to get a true read on a player, you have to see them play in an actual game, not just practice.

“I think it’s a determining factor,” he said. “That’s up to the head coach if he makes that call. He always gets some reps with the first team, and he’s got a couple more this week. So, we’ll see what happens.”

What are the expectations for Hackenberg?

“The expectations are, listen, you’re on a NFL team now, to go out and do the right thing,” Morton said. “To go out and do the best that you can to your ability and it’s my job to make sure that I put them in the right position to have success. If we do that, I think we do a pretty good job of doing that as coaches, you have to make those throws. If the guy is open, you have to make the throw. So, listen, it’s an ongoing process. We can talk about this and we’re not going to know until we get in a game.”

I can't wait til Hack is cut next year so ppl will stop deluding themselves and posting about Hack being our starter. He's awful, like seriously awful, and has proven it in every bit of live action he's played in.  It amazes me how ppl continue to fool themselves into thinking he will offer something. He's the worst pick of the Maccagan era and I'd bet good money he won't be on the team next year. I would bet even more good money he's out of the league altogether in 2 yrs.

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

A blowout at the half ? Sooner ? Even if it’s 20-10 at halftime, put the dam kid in finally. 

I think Hack will get in there unless Petty is playing really well and it's a competitive game.  I have no idea how much time Hack will get though.  One thing I noticed though is Bowles has already tempered expectations with "don't expect him to be Superman".  I remember the Mets pulled this same BS excuse out when it came to calling up their top prospect shortstop (Amed Rosario) this past year (not calling him up because "he would be viewed as a potential savior").  Meanwhile, look what Andy Reid says about giving rookie Pat Mahomes snaps in a real game.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/73788/warming-up-in-the-jets-bullpen-christian-hackenberg-finally

image.png

http://www.12up.com/posts/5211143-mets-give-dumbest-reason-ever-for-not-promoting-amed-rosario

image.png

image.png

https://nypost.com/2017/12/31/chiefs-finally-give-fans-a-look-at-biggest-nfl-mystery-left/

image.png

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Even if he gets in, what makes you think he'll be allowed to actually throw a forward pass.

Bowles will run his famous K-K-K offense.  Kneel-Kneel-Kneel.

Well Bowles has already surrendered twice this season and got a 2 year extension so if he surrenders a 3rd time...?

54 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Hack should be starting this game because if the Pats are blowing the Jets out, Hack might see 2nd stringers and more vanilla defenses, even if he gets in a real game.   

Yep, That’s exactly what Bowles and Mac want. Make them look real good when he is lighting up 2nd string who knows the They then  have home field locked up.

You guys are high if you doubt that Hack is playing to day. He is DEFINITELY playing today and this is probably the only scenario in which he would have played this year. 

We are out of the playoff race

We are playing a team that will lock down the win by half time

They will pull their starters to rest them for more important games

The backups will be plenty challenging for the kid to come in and play against. They will give him better looks than preseason but not enough to make him look any worse than he already does. In fact he has a halfway decent shot to look good.

Reportedly he got a lot of reps with the 1st team this week

The egg (Petty) will probably crack this week behind that swiss cheese line who have already packed their bags for the year. 

10 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

You guys are high if you doubt that Hack is playing to day. He is DEFINITELY playing today and this is probably the only scenario in which he would have played this year. 

We are out of the playoff race

We are playing a team that will lock down the win by half time

They will pull their starters to rest them for more important games

The backups will be plenty challenging for the kid to come in and play against. They will give him better looks than preseason but not enough to make him look any worse than he already does. In fact he has a halfway decent shot to look good.

Reportedly he got a lot of reps with the 1st team this week

The egg (Petty) will probably crack this week behind that swiss cheese line who have already packed their bags for the year. 

Ok Say it’s 21-7 at half. Bowles catching wind that bellicheat is pulling his starters at the half, instead of putting the kid in he decides to go after the cheap win against the pats 2nd team with petty like it’s the Super Bowl for the jets ha. That wouldn’t surprise me 1 bit.

2 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

I have seen enough of hack in the BIG10, and it does not sound like the Jets have done much of anything to develop this kid unless working with the scout team counts? Chan said he did not have time for him, Morton has towed the line but hey Kacy sees "arm talent" LOL. Actually a good article in the Post this week (see below.) At the end of the day it's a wasted 2nd round pick, time to move on, hack walks with $3m if cut tomorrow so I am sure he will have a nice life

https://nypost.com/2017/12/28/christian-hackenberg-has-at-least-turned-heads-in-practice/

Todd Bowles left open the possibility of playing backup quarterback Christian Hackenberg on Sunday against the Patriots. Offensive coordinator John Morton said he has seen progress from the second-year player this year.

“I just think getting familiar [with the offense], the biggest thing is the offense, the timing, the three-step, five-step, there’s a lot of stuff that goes into this offense,” Morton said. “Mentally he does a great job picking up everything. It’s just having the right footwork, making the right throws, making sure it’s on time. That’s the biggest thing. I’ll tell you what, he’s had a good week of practice. Both of those guys [Hackenberg and Bryce Petty] have so far.”

Hackenberg, who has not played a snap in two seasons, has spent most of the year facing the Jets’ defense as the scout-team quarterback. Defensive coordinator Kacy Rodgers said Hackenberg has shown some skills in practice.

“He’s been really good,” Rodgers said. “The thing is, the guy is talented. He just zings the ball around, and you sit there and you see the arm talent and all that, so he’s done a great job from that aspect for us.”

How Hackenberg would perform in a game situation is a mystery to everyone, even his coaches.

I have [seen progress] in practice, but we don’t know in the game, you know what I mean,” Morton said.  Morton acknowledged to get a true read on a player, you have to see them play in an actual game, not just practice.

“I think it’s a determining factor,” he said. “That’s up to the head coach if he makes that call. He always gets some reps with the first team, and he’s got a couple more this week. So, we’ll see what happens.”

What are the expectations for Hackenberg?

“The expectations are, listen, you’re on a NFL team now, to go out and do the right thing,” Morton said. “To go out and do the best that you can to your ability and it’s my job to make sure that I put them in the right position to have success. If we do that, I think we do a pretty good job of doing that as coaches, you have to make those throws. If the guy is open, you have to make the throw. So, listen, it’s an ongoing process. We can talk about this and we’re not going to know until we get in a game.”

For me this is the reason Bowles should have been fired . And this is for all the Hack can't even beat out Petty the coaches see him everyday in practice crowd. 

6 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Ok Say it’s 21-7 at half. Bowles catching wind that bellicheat is pulling his starters at the half, instead of putting the kid in he decides to go after the cheap win against the pats 2nd team with petty like it’s the Super Bowl for the jets ha. That wouldn’t surprise me 1 bit.

lol you think keeping in Petty is "going for the win"??? hahahahahahahaha

1 hour ago, Pointdexter said:

I can't wait til Hack is cut next year so ppl will stop deluding themselves and posting about Hack being our starter. He's awful, like seriously awful, and has proven it in every bit of live action he's played in.  It amazes me how ppl continue to fool themselves into thinking he will offer something. He's the worst pick of the Maccagan era and I'd bet good money he won't be on the team next year. I would bet even more good money he's out of the league altogether in 2 yrs.

And you've made that astute observation form watching 2 PS games or did you rely on his senior year gamefilm from PSU where his Oline was 10x worse than what Darnold has at USC. Its fair to believe that he may not amount to quality starting QB in the NFL but to be so sure he will be a bust based on virtually 0 evidence is just ridiculous. Some of you act like Hack stole your girlfriend. 

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He is turning heads in “practice “ ? And Bowles is still scared to play him over Bryce Petty ??

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2017/12/28/christian-hackenberg-has-at-least-turned-heads-in-practice/amp/

Based on previous reports I would not have my head turned when Hack is throwing the ball.

21 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Yeah okay but the way Petty has played I'm thinking he would have trouble beating the Pats second team guys. Maybe if the Pats played their scout team they may have a chance but I don't think so.

2 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Morton said: “Mentally he does a great job picking up everything. It’s just having the right footwork, making the right throws, making sure it’s on time. That’s the biggest thing.  I’ll tell you what, he’s had a good week of practice.”

Defensive coordinator Kacy Rodgers said Hackenberg has shown some skills in practice.

“I have [seen progress] in practice.” Morton said.

Add my selective reading filter and it's quite positive.

I tell you what, my wife's in trouble with the stiffy this fluff piece is producing!

Archived