What is it going to take to see Hackenberg

Jetsplayer21

46 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

but to be so sure he will be a bust based on virtually 0 evidence is just ridiculous. 

Maybe so. But it's 10x more ridiculous to claim 3 years of game film at Penn st, multiple appearances in ps games over 2 seasons, numerous media constructed practice reports, the fact that he hasn't cracked the field in 2 years despite the Jets having one of the worst QB situations in the league, and his own coach stating he can't hit the ocean, is "virtually 0 evidence".

Now I agree with you there is zero evidence to claim he'll ever be a successful NFL QB. But there's tons of evidence to claim he has woeful accuracy and poor pocket presence that gives him little chance to stick in this league even as a back up.

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Yep, That’s exactly what Bowles and Mac want. Make them look real good when he is lighting up 2nd string who knows the They then  have home field locked up.

Yeah, this is how HCs & GMs think.  Just watch the game, stop trying to put deep thought into what's happening. 

IMG_2971.PNG

48 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Maybe so. But it's 10x more ridiculous to claim 3 years of game film at Penn st, multiple appearances in ps games over 2 seasons, numerous media constructed practice reports, the fact that he hasn't cracked the field in 2 years despite the Jets having one of the worst QB situations in the league, and his own coach stating he can't hit the ocean, is "virtually 0 evidence".

Now I agree with you there is zero evidence to claim he'll ever be a successful NFL QB. But there's tons of evidence to claim he has woeful accuracy and poor pocket presence that gives him little chance to stick in this league even as a back up.

Yes tons of evidence in those 2 PS games . 

6 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

You guys are high if you doubt that Hack is playing to day. He is DEFINITELY playing today and this is probably the only scenario in which he would have played this year. 

We are out of the playoff race

We are playing a team that will lock down the win by half time

They will pull their starters to rest them for more important games

The backups will be plenty challenging for the kid to come in and play against. They will give him better looks than preseason but not enough to make him look any worse than he already does. In fact he has a halfway decent shot to look good.

Reportedly he got a lot of reps with the 1st team this week

The egg (Petty) will probably crack this week behind that swiss cheese line who have already packed their bags for the year. 

So he didn’t play. Does that mean you now have to get us all high out of your wallet  ? Ha

Here's the thing with Hack - if he is really THAT bad - that he's worse than Petty....I can't blame the coaching staff...It would be hard to trot out someone even worse than Petty - Petty is not even NFL back-up caliber...

BUT....

Hack has NO right being on the roster next year then....If he's on the roster than I would agree with everyone that's saying this organization is lost.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

They might’ve planned to play him in the fourth, but they kept getting pinned inside the five.  Don’t want to start the kid behind the eight ball.

Lol. That that would be the weak way Bowles would think. He would be worried they may lose by another touchdown. I’m sure Bowles feels a sense of proudness only losing to the pats by 20

Archived