So, after everything shakes out, we drafting 6 for the 3rd time in 4 yrs???

Pointdexter

1 minute ago, Gen X Jet said:

Sanchez was a 6. So there’s that. 

Good call, has to be good mojo. Gholston was pick #6. That's also pretty sweet.

In all seriousness I think we've done ok with Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams. Two fixtures on our defense for yrs to come, and at worst are solid starters. 

I honestly think we can stand pat and get Mayfield. My prediction is Elway will want Allen based on his love for big, strong armed pocket passers. This will leave Mayfield on the board at 6.

Hey guys I actually think Elway might pick a QB in the 2nd or 3rd Round rather than burn a first on one...Paxton showed some ability. Wasn’t great but enough to warrant extra thought. I don’t think QB is a no brainer pick for them at 5. Also have to remember there are a lot of quality FA QB’s this year for them. They are built to win now with a good QB. Don’t be surprised if they don’t wind up stealing Mayfield from us.

54 minutes ago, First_Blood said:

The last cornerback we took in the 1st RD was a freaking allstar!!!

I think he is actually scraping gum off the bottom of school desks somewhere in Alabama working double shifts because everyone at home calls him a bust (seriously his family actually used to **** with him, and call him some kind of nickname that referred to him as a bust).

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If I've learned anything today, the creativity is lacking a bit around these parts.  I've seen the same extension and CB pick jokes aroun 10k times today.  Yeesh.  Get some new material.

If I read another safety joke.. 

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And the 2nd?

Itd be less funny if we didn’t actually NEED two new starting CB’s. 

Well after we stupidly give Alex Smith, or Kirk Cousins 30 million, of our free cap space, McCown 10 million more to back them up because Bowles can't have enough veterans, and then over pay for a below average Tackle, and give a slot WR 15 million a year, then add in the resigning off ASJ, Richardson, and a contract extension to Enunwa, and Woody pocketing the rest of the money using the excuse it's for space next season blah blah blah back to back CB's, and a MLB sound about right with our top 3 picks next draft if Bowles has any say.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If I've learned anything today, the creativity is lacking a bit around these parts.  I've seen the same extension and CB pick jokes aroun 10k times today.  Yeesh.  Get some new material.

Today?

They've been at it for 4 months.  Resigning Mccown to a big contract...  drafting moar safeties...  drafting a CB...

it's the same 3 jokes said thousands of times by like 10 guys. 

I realize most people don't card about this point of view but I'm happier with where we are this year than I was last year, or the year before, or any of the years we also picked 6th. Maybe they don't get their star college QB, but I feel better about whoever they do draft helping this team continue to take a step forward.

I think we have such a better foundation than we've had in a while. I think with a few more pieces we can be competitive again. No, maybe we're not able to get a QB in the draft. Maybe we do end up with a CB or a DE, and all the cynics can roll their eyes and elbow their friend and say "SOJ lololol".

But I still feel better about this team than I did at the beginning of the season. And that's saying something, I think. There's plenty to be upset at. Plenty to feel negative about. Plenty of reasons to not be optimistic. But there were also some positives hidden in this season.

2 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Has to be some kind of record. A really pathetic record. Maybe if we secure #6 next year too, Macc and TB will get another well deserved extension. 

Last I checked the last two times we picked 6th we got 2 absolute studs in Williams and adams.  So maybe instead of whining you should look forward to the draft because we have a pretty damn good record at picking 6

Archived