Let’s go Buffalo.....

southparkcpa

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

Jets now have the 3rd longest active playoff drought. Someone give Mac and Bowles a pat on the back.

Wait til the mediocre fans bring up the fact, in their mind, we are a good team historically. JUNK for example...   he thinks REX and Herm are above average coaches.   

We are a laughingstock nationally.  

Other than the cock up starting Peterman for a game, Sean McDermott has done a fine job. They traded away legit football players but still made the playoffs. Bill fans deserve a break after 17 years in the wilderness.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Lots of western NY people live here in Charlotte, LOTS. I went to college in western NY.

i was always impressed with the fan base while in college. 

Fukk it.....  I’m rooting for Buffalo rest of the way.

BTW..... screw REX.

As a Proud University at Buffalo Graduate during the Bills SB runs, I will always have a soft spot for the Bills and the Buffalo community. 

Folks don't know what football means to Buffalo and that entire community and I am happy for them.  I was going to start a thread but wasn't up for the grief that it would inspire..... :) 

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!!!

clip GIF

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Lots of western NY people live here in Charlotte, LOTS. I went to college in western NY.

i was always impressed with the fan base while in college. 

Fukk it.....  I’m rooting for Buffalo rest of the way.

BTW..... screw REX.

I'm with you!  I'm a UB grad and the folks up there are the best fans you can imagine.  If you haven't seen the 4 Falls of Buffalo on the NFL channel, or Youtube, check it out.  Most of the players who played for the Bills never wanted to play for them.  Jim Kelly actually went to the USFL to avoid playing for the Bills, but once he got there he never left because of the people.  When Kelly had challenges with his son's illness and his own cancer the people from Buffalo were there for him.  If there's a city who's fans deserve a Super Bowl it's the fans of the Buffalo Bills.  Go Bills!!!

Part of me feels happy for the Bills, Lord knows they have been waiting for so long to get back to the playoffs. Damn near 20 years. The last time they made the playoffs...

- Big Pun was still alive

- People were still buying PS1 games

- Monica Lewinsky was relevant

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Remember when the Bills actively tried to tank their season and ended up going to the playoffs, and we tried our darndest and won 5 games

Remember they benched Tyrod Taylor and people here called it the right move?

3 hours ago, King P said:

Part of me feels happy for the Bills, Lord knows they have been waiting for so long to get back to the playoffs. Damn near 20 years. The last time they made the playoffs...

- Big Pun was still alive

- People were still buying PS1 games

- Monica Lewinsky was relevant

Sony being greedy sh*ts with their PlayStation Now service still has people buying PS1 games to this day, so that one hasn't changed much.  Don't even get me started on the remasters ?.

(I'm guilty of at least buying the remasters...)

6 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Wait til the mediocre fans bring up the fact, in their mind, we are a good team historically. JUNK for example...   he thinks REX and Herm are above average coaches.   

We are a laughingstock nationally.  

Bowles ‘You play to lose the game, Punt’

Part of me still really hates the Bills and their fans for the brief Rex-era cockiness that they had + they're still a division rival. 

Other part of me understands that the deeper their run goes, the lower their pick becomes, and the harder it becomes for them to become an enticing/reasonable trade partner in a trade up scenario.  That's kind of big deal for us.  Also have a friend who is an absolute die hard fan and isn't a giant jerk/big ball-buster to me when it comes to football/our favorite teams, like my friends who are fans of other teams, so I'm happy for him.

10 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

As a Proud University at Buffalo Graduate during the Bills SB runs, I will always have a soft spot for the Bills and the Buffalo community. 

Folks don't know what football means to Buffalo and that entire community and I am happy for them.  I was going to start a thread but wasn't up for the grief that it would inspire..... :) 

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!!!

clip GIF

In an early life I majored in music at Fredonia.  After graduation went to Pace for accounting. Same feeling... those people are die hard. I’m happy for them.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

This is good needs because the world needs more people jumping off of large objects onto flame filled tables.

Thats funny... you do realize most of the football world thinks of Jets fans as guys who down to gate D and have our wives and GF's show their tata's right?    :)

11 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

I'm with you!  I'm a UB grad and the folks up there are the best fans you can imagine.  If you haven't seen the 4 Falls of Buffalo on the NFL channel, or Youtube, check it out.  Most of the players who played for the Bills never wanted to play for them.  Jim Kelly actually went to the USFL to avoid playing for the Bills, but once he got there he never left because of the people.  When Kelly had challenges with his son's illness and his own cancer the people from Buffalo were there for him.  If there's a city who's fans deserve a Super Bowl it's the fans of the Buffalo Bills.  Go Bills!!!

UB in the house .... :)  

Thank you  

it is really hard  for people who haven’t lived in Buffalo to realize how passionate the folks are in Buffalo, as a community, about the Bills!!

I will never forget being in Topps (a grocery store) the game blaring over the store sound system and the announcer saying “Jim Kelly and the Bills are on the move.”

Those Bills teams showed me what quality football was and that is why I pray one day that the Jets, my team, finally gets it right!!

The Jets are viewed differently outside of NY. Most people hate them simply because they are from NY. I've been in Michigan for 15 years and still get people saying stuff like "you're from NY"? Like its a disease or something. I usually smile and say "but you're from Michigan". Pisses them off royally.

Anyway congrats to Buffalo and their fans. I will be rooting for KC though. I want Alex Smith to have an MVP playoff run so the Chiefs won't give him up. Not necessarily win the Super Bowl but just enough to want to keep him for one more run. If the Chiefs can get past BB and CO and actually win the Super Bowl I think Smith is a goner. If they come up short by a game or 2 I think they keep Smith for one more try at it. I hope they do this because I don't want him anywhere near this team.

Archived