We have the ammo for the #1 pick

JohnnyLV

With the way things shook out in our favor today, especially the Bills making the playoffs and the Seahawks losing, we now have 6, and 3 of the top 49 picks. Unless Cleveland absolutely HAS to have a certain QB, and there are rumors they want to continue with Kizer, we definetely have the ability to get to #1 if they decide to.  I am on record as saying I dont think they even draft a QB, but supposedly Mac has considered it a couple times before and we definitely can get it done this year if we choose. 

If I'm Maccagnan, I offer Cleveland #6 overall, #38, and next year's 1st rounder to move up 5 spots to #1 overall.  Having either Darnold or Rosen IMO would be worth it.  The Jets would have finally have a legit franchise QB and #49 overall still, and even though no 1st next year, they'd still have a 2nd.  Cleveland would still have #4 and #6 overall, and also #33 and #38.

I looked it up and such a trade actually fits decently on the value chart (assuming next year's first is worth about 1000 pts): http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

Make. It. Happen.

2 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

With so many half decent QB in this years draft we should certainly fine one.  Blind squirrel and all :)  Glad Shelly granted us some extra ammo.  Go Jets! 

True, but if you think Rosen or Darnold is THE guy, and if Cleveland is at all reluctant to go #1 for QB knowing they would have #4 and #6 plus additional picks it would not be an unreasonable trade. If it were to happen which of course is super unlikely, the Jets may have just sucked enough for Sam (or Josh)

I would absolutely move up to 1. 

By all means secure the top QB prospect if possible. GM’s dojtvshow their cards before the draft but their FA moves will tell us more than anything their mouths will. Look out for that. Giants might go OL with #2 ..they could grab a decent QB in the 2nd round. I think they actually believe Eli has a year or two left. Browns will be the most likely to go QB ...just don’t think the rumors on Kizer are too. Dorsey is an aggressive GM. He’ll want his guy. But I mean..at the end of the day no one knows. I’d love to try to move up to #1 though.. if not we can jump Denver a spot for #4 and grab one of the 3 best QB’s that drops.(made a thread on that option)

8 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

If I'm Maccagnan, I offer Cleveland #6 overall, #38, and next year's 1st rounder to move up 5 spots to #1 overall.  Having either Darnold or Rosen IMO would be worth it.  The Jets would have finally have a legit franchise QB and #49 overall still, and even though no 1st next year, they'd still have a 2nd.  Cleveland would still have #4 and #6 overall, and also #33 and #38.

I looked it up and such a trade actually fits decently on the value chart (assuming next year's first is worth about 1000 pts): http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

Make. It. Happen.

They are Gona need to offer more to move to 1. 

I'm hardly a QB scouting expert. Or really any kind of an expert when it comes to football...

But man, none of the elite QB prospects blew me away this year. I didn't see anyone who screamed "hall of famer!"...

I mean they were pretty good! Some definitely have talent and will start in the NFL soon... But I just didn't see anyone that I said "We must give up multiple #1/#2 picks to get this guy!"... I didn't see anyone that made me want to do a Washington/St Louis 2012 type deal... That would scare me right now.

But who knows? Hopefully smarter people than I! 

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I would absolutely move up to 1. 

By all means secure the top QB prospect if possible. GM’s dojtvshow their cards before the draft but their FA moves will tell us more than anything their mouths will. Look out for that. Giants might go OL with #2 ..they could grab a decent QB in the 2nd round. I think they actually believe Eli has a year or two left. Browns will be the most likely to go QB ...just don’t think the rumors on Kizer are too. Dorsey is an aggressive GM. He’ll want his guy. But I mean..at the end of the day no one knows. I’d love to try to move up to #1 though.. if not we can jump Denver a spot for #4 and grab one of the 3 best QB’s that drops.(made a thread on that option)

Just so hard to see all the QBs being gone before we pick. If that happened we could once again "luck" into the top rated player in the draft...but I do not want that. I want our OWN QB to groom and lead this team. As i say to my semi-girlfriend which makes her laugh every time "get'er done"

Just now, DMan77 said:

I'm hardly a QB scouting expert. Or really any kind of an expert when it comes to football...

But man, none of the elite QB prospects blew me away this year. I didn't see anyone who screwed "hall of famer!"...

I mean they were pretty good! Some definitely have talent and will start in the NFL soon... But I just didn't see anyone that I said "We must give up multiple #1/#2 picks to get this guy!"... I didn't see anyone that made me want to do a Washington/St Louis 2012 type deal... That would scare me right now.

But who knows? Hopefully smarter people than I! 

I feel more sure of Rosen than Goff and Goff turned out fine. Rosen’s throwing is so clean and can play under center well.

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Just so hard to see all the QBs being gone before we pick. If that happened we could once again "luck" into the top rated player in the draft...but I do not want that. I want our OWN QB to groom and lead this team. As i say to my semi-girlfriend which makes her laugh every time "get'er done"

As long as Denver is ahead of us..I do think the top 3 QB’s could be gone. Very possible. But on the contrary...Paxton really might have showed he can play. They could pass on QB. I mean..Paxton was a first rounder. Hard to believe they just give up after one or two starts here or there. He played pretty damn okay today. A whole offseason could do him well.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

You rooted for it why the change of heart?

I figured we'd have a terrible season so AFTER the games I was ok with a loss.  But during the games if the Jets did something good you would have seen me with a big sh!t eating grin on my face.  Same held true for after a win, regardless.  

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I feel more sure of Rosen than Goff and Goff turned out fine. Rosen’s throwing is so clean and can play under center well.

Ya for sure...  I mean for me I guess it's a question of what it takes, right? Any time trades and moving up or down is discussed I always try to ask myself "where would I draw the line?"... So I mean what's Rosen worth in your eyes? This year,s #1, #2 plus a #1 next year? Or more? Or less? The idea of throwing around multiple 1sts terrifies me! 

1 minute ago, DMan77 said:

Ya for sure...  I mean for me I guess it's a question of what it takes, right? Any time trades and moving up or down is discussed I always try to ask myself "where would I draw the line?"... So I mean what's Rosen worth in your eyes? This year,s #1, #2 plus a #1 next year? Or more? Or less? The idea of throwing around multiple 1sts terrifies me! 

Throwing multiple 1’s is nerve racking for me too..but at this point i’d be okay given that we have so much money to buy a great supporting cast for Rosen. It kind of covers up where we would lack draft wise for the next year or so. 

1st 2017 .2nd 2017..1st 2018..3rd 2018..maybe? I’d be okay with maybe a little more compensation because I know we might have a small bidding war with one team or two..

28 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Make. It. Happen.

Darnold not coming out unless it is the GIANTS drafting him.  

BET!?!?!

I'm leery at any scenario where the Jets are supposed to trade future first rounders. Call me a hoarder, but I'd rather the jets keep their future assets to the best of their abilities.

Moving up with the second rounders from this year though, that I'd accept happily.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

With the way things shook out in our favor today, especially the Bills making the playoffs and the Seahawks losing, we now have 6, and 3 of the top 49 picks. Unless Cleveland absolutely HAS to have a certain QB, and there are rumors they want to continue with Kizer, we definetely have the ability to get to #1 if they decide to.  I am on record as saying I dont think they even draft a QB, but supposedly Mac has considered it a couple times before and we definitely can get it done this year if we choose. 

NO trade up... Mayfield should be there @ 6.  

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Bills have ton more picks 

I'm going to drive people crazy, and i'm expecting a dozen butt fumbles, but I really do believe that they stick with Hack for next year.  

Take the pass rusher we've needed since Abe was traded, bring Sheldon back, sign 21 to a friendly extension and this defense will be crazy good.

Then spend the rest of the draft building the offensive line and skill positions. 

They've already spent the time developing the kid.  Give him a chance.  If he sucks then the top quarterback will be ours next year when Cleveland, Denver, and whoever get theirs this year.

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I'm going to drive people crazy, and i'm expecting a dozen butt fumbles, but I really do believe that they stick with Hack for next year.  

Take the pass rusher we've needed since Abe was traded, bring Sheldon back, sign 21 to a friendly extension and this defense will be crazy good.

Then spend the rest of the draft building the offensive line and skill positions. 

They've already spent the time developing the kid.  Give him a chance.  If he sucks then the top quarterback will be ours next year when Cleveland, Denver, and whoever get theirs this year.

Hack is waste of time.  Mac got his extension/2 year mulligan he’s gone

3 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

With so many half decent QB in this years draft we should certainly fine one.  Blind squirrel and all :)  Glad Shelly granted us some extra ammo.  Go Jets! 

This is not as great a qb class as people swore it would be before the season started. Darnold is the best pro prospect qb by far do not buy the mayfield hype he’s going to be a disaster in the nfl

4 hours ago, Tony MaC said:

I'm leery at any scenario where the Jets are supposed to trade future first rounders. Call me a hoarder, but I'd rather the jets keep their future assets to the best of their abilities.

Moving up with the second rounders from this year though, that I'd accept happily.

I’d rather give up next years 1st in this trade and keep both 2nds this year to surround Rosen, or Darnold with as much Offensive weapons/protection as possible Year 1, hopefully it pays off, and with the addition of another 100 million in talent in Free Agency hopefully that 1st rounder we give up in 2019 is real late in the draft after Rosen/Darnold help the Jets make the playoffs with all that extra help to make sure it’s not all on their shoulders, and they actually have a team around them like Prescott, Wilson, and even Mark Sanchez did.

6 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Make. It. Happen.

That chart is meaningless. You’d have to add a lot more than that.  Desperation and inflation shoots up the price.  And promise the Browns we’d start Hack when we play them. ?

After getting burn't with the Wentz trade, the Browns arnt going to move no matter what. The Giants will take which ever of the two The Browns don't pick. Indy are the only trade up partner and that would be Mayfield?

We or anyone else has no shot at the top two (provided they declare).

Pipe dream it's Mayfield or bust.  

Archived