Hackenberg sits to end a joke and Jets and Bowles are clowns

Patriot Killa

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

I get it, they see him in practice every day but some guys are bad practice guys and can play on gameday.  The season was lost months ago. McCown got hurt a month ago.  Petty was awful, there was no reason not to take a look at hack.  I don't care how bad they think hack is, we scored 13 points TOTAL the last 2 weeks and our only TD was a long run by Powell which Petty had nothing to do w/(unless you think he is great at handing the ball off).

to make it worse all the talk out of Florham Park was how great Hack has looked in practice and how he has improved. 

I hear ya...I would have loved to have seen him too.  At that point it really couldn't hurt - at worst you're throwing the fan base a bone.

But I think it's overblown by fans/media that Bowles is doing something wrong here.  the guy is the 3rd string QB - the coach has no obligation to play him if he doesn't believe he should.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

While Manish runs interference on his Marone fiasco, the Post provides us some straight talk on this very disappointing Black Monday. 

This isn’t straight talk. This is interference from the other direction.

The media created the expectations and that is why Bowles is back. End of story

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

This article is harsh and whatnot, and Hackenberg and Petty may legitimately be awful, but agents remember how their clients were handled by certain teams and coaches, and will respond accordingly. If you’re the agent for a Rosen, Darnold, Rudolph, etc, you do not let your client get drafted by the Jets, because it’s malfeasance. The message is, your young QB isn’t going to get a chance here, and he’s going to get broadsided by the coaching if he does end up in a game. 

If the player is good enough, Bowles will play him

2 hours ago, jetsons said:

WoW... Imagine a rookie being ALLOWED to play & DEVELOP...  an art LOST on Coach Bowles  :/

No idea what you're talking about here.  Bowles did a wonderful job developing rookies Josh McCown and Matt Forte!

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I hear ya...I would have loved to have seen him too.  At that point it really couldn't hurt - at worst you're throwing the fan base a bone.

But I think it's overblown by fans/media that Bowles is doing something wrong here.  the guy is the 3rd string QB - the coach has no obligation to play him if he doesn't believe he should.

when you don't have any good will built up then every move will get scrutinized.  Miami played their 4th string QB 90% of the game yesterday so we could have played our #3 especially when nothing else was working.  if he comes in and sucks who cares? we weren't winning or even competing anyway.

23 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I get it, they see him in practice every day but some guys are bad practice guys and can play on gameday.  The season was lost months ago. McCown got hurt a month ago.  Petty was awful, there was no reason not to take a look at hack.  I don't care how bad they think hack is, we scored 13 points TOTAL the last 2 weeks and our only TD was a long run by Powell which Petty had nothing to do w/(unless you think he is great at handing the ball off).

to make it worse all the talk out of Florham Park was how great Hack has looked in practice and how he has improved. 

The Bills cared enough about their future to put Nathan Peterman in a game when they were fighting for a playoff spot.  He threw like 5 INTs in 1 quarter but their franchise didn't collapse.  The Jets have been in garbage time for 3 weeks yet this bozo HC of ours is sticking to "Petty won the #2 job so why would I play the #3?"  How about because the #2 guy is NOT part of the future of this team (nor was our #1 btw).  The ONLY QB who has (had?) a shot with this franchise going forward was the one guy Bowles completely refused to play!  And from what I've read, they say Hack is a model citizen (always working hard and never complaining).  Meanwhile Mo Wilk was late for meetings on the regular but Bowles sat him for 1 quarter.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Bills cared enough about their future to put Nathan Peterman in a game when they were fighting for a playoff spot.  He threw like 5 INTs in 1 quarter but their franchise didn't collapse.  The Jets have been in garbage time for 3 weeks yet this bozo HC of ours is sticking to "Petty won the #2 job so why would I play the #3?"  How about because the #2 guy is NOT part of the future of this team (nor was our #1 btw).  The ONLY QB who has (had?) a shot with this franchise going forward was the one guy Bowles completely refused to play!  And from what I've read, they say Hack is a model citizen (always working hard and never complaining).  Meanwhile Mo Wilk was late for meetings on the regular but Bowles sat him for 1 quarter.

Where have you been the last 3 weeks?

And just like throwing 62 times in the Super Bowl worked out for NE, the Bills got lucky. 

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

when you don't have any good will built up then every move will get scrutinized.  Miami played their 4th string QB 90% of the game yesterday so we could have played our #3 especially when nothing else was working.  if he comes in and sucks who cares? we weren't winning or even competing anyway.

From what I gathered from Bowles's comments is that he felt he owed it to Petty because Petty won the back-up job.  So I can understand, from his perspective why he didn't put Hack in.

I must say though, I don't understand the logic of that - considering how bad Petty looked - but again, this is being entirely overblown.  He is the 3rd string QB.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Yep.  Meanwhile let's see what Andy Reid said about his backup QB getting snaps:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/12/27/rookie-qb-mahomes-to-start-for-chiefs-in-game-at-denver/108946702/

image.png

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I can't imagine Hack is part of the future either, so what's the point?

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I can't imagine Hack is part of the future either, so what's the point?

He was a 2nd round pick and these were 3 straight meaningless games.  Hack couldn't get some PT during that time?!  Meanwhile Bowles is saying (paraphrasing) "we don't know if he can play".  Okay well as HC, you had the opportunity to put him in there.

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Bills situation was a little different, their QB was awful this year and the HC saw their season spiraling out of control, he tried to make amove to give the team a spark.  It didn't work that day but they got the D going again soon after that.

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

From what I gathered from Bowles's comments is that he felt he owed it to Petty because Petty won the back-up job.  So I can understand, from his perspective why he didn't put Hack in.

I must say though, I don't understand the logic of that - considering how bad Petty looked - but again, this is being entirely overblown.  He is the 3rd string QB.

It's Todd Bowles, he seems like a good man but he's a terrible HC.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yep.  Meanwhile let's see what Andy Reid said about his backup QB getting snaps:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/12/27/rookie-qb-mahomes-to-start-for-chiefs-in-game-at-denver/108946702/

image.png

Andy reid is a real HC

OK so Bowels the genius says BP won the back up job in TC.  I get it but wasnt it plain to see after 2 starts he deserved demotion to the bench since he isnt even a valid #2? Should it have been more about sitting someone who stinks and not so much about giving Hack playing time?

48 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

OK so Bowels the genius says BP won the back up job in TC.  I get it but wasnt it plain to see after 2 starts he deserved demotion to the bench since he isnt even a valid #2? Should it have been more about sitting someone who stinks and not so much about giving Hack playing time?

I don't know why this Hackenberg situation is so upsetting to me but I really can't stand Bowles for not at least putting the guy in there.  I haven't been this angry at the Jets in a long time.  The idea that Bowles just got an extension feels like an affront to Jets fans. 

57 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I really have no problem with Bowles not playing Hack - I do have a problem with his stated reasoning - that Petty won the job 7 months ago - so Hack can't play now.  Makes no sense and is frankly hard to believe that could possibly be the real reason...

What if....What if...he actually does look good and would have looked good in the game.  And Bowles was afraid it would make him look worse for not playing him sooner. 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes but petty definately didn’t earn any loyalty with his play did he ? Bowles is an idiot, Petty is gone, and surely didn’t deserve to play outright 

4 hours ago, jetsons said:

Bowles only played that rookie TE Neal Sterling today because ASJ was unable to play & the kid showed something... imagine if he played earlier in the year who knows what he may have become...  bowles has ZERO ability to see talent... HE IS Detrimental to the development of the young talent on the team, that's the Main reason he should have been let go....  nuff said.

You sir, are correct!

3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Right there with you brother, can’t stand smug Alderson too. I can handle jets not being good , but can’t stand a coward like bowles

It is just nonsense. He won the backup job in training camp. What? He has sucked since play one.  Does a good coach sit there and do nothing?  Does a good coach kick a FG mid 4th quarter down 21?

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Right. If Hack fgoes in and starts throwing INTs you can always go back.  Bowles is a stick up his ass coach.   Glad the Johnsons are so happy to extend.  They are tools as well.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I really have no problem with Bowles not playing Hack - I do have a problem with his stated reasoning - that Petty won the job 7 months ago - so Hack can't play now.  Makes no sense and is frankly hard to believe that could possibly be the real reason...

What if....What if...he actually does look good and would have looked good in the game.  And Bowles was afraid it would make him look worse for not playing him sooner. 

The excuse and the intent are bad. So now Hack holds a roster spot going into 2018 with a big ? over his head. 

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I just could never understand the logic that fans think they need to see a guy for the coach to determine if he's any good.

and Yes, I've seen Petty plan and that's my point - by all accounts in the organization Hack is worse.  And if that's the case then he has NO right ever being on an NFL football field.

That would mean you trust the evaluative judgment of a coach like Bowles. I do not.  Both the GM and the coach have been failures.

Just now, jack48 said:

That would mean you trust the evaluative judgment of a coach like Bowles. I do not.  Both the GM and the coach have been failures.  Because Petty was awful. How much worse could Hack be?  Bowles would rather lose by 20 than 30?  Wow.  My kind of coach

Here, I'll make it easy for the idiots who comprise our ownership/management:  Cut Petty and Hack (Mcc admits he fukked up on the pick), announce McCown as next season's backup QB, sign Bridgewater or Cousins and announce he's your opening day starter, draft the best QB available in the upcoming draft.

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Here, I'll make it easy for the idiots who comprise our ownership/management:  Cut Petty and Hack (Mcc admits he fukked up on the pick), announce McCown as next season's backup QB, sign Bridgewater or Cousins and announce he's your opening day starter, draft the best QB available in the upcoming drafty.

Why not invite RG III and Johny Manziel to camp as well, you know to pacify the idiots. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The excuse and the intent are bad. So now Hack holds a roster spot going into 2018 with a big ? over his head. 

I have a hard time believing Hack will be on the team next year.  If he couldn't beat out Petty then he has no right being on an NFL roster.  

4 minutes ago, jack48 said:

That would mean you trust the evaluative judgment of a coach like Bowles. I do not.  Both the GM and the coach have been failures.

So, to be clear...your evaluation of the QB in one half of one game is better than the evaluation of professional coaches that have seen him for two years - day-in and day-out.

Fans need to face the fact that he's terrible.  It was a bad pick, move on.

This is on the Johnsons.   If they wanted Bowles to play younger players, they should have extended him earlier.   He was coaching for his job.  

After 2 years of trying to be competitive, the Johnsons hd no choice but to extend MacBowles.  NFL coaches and GMs are their own club.  It would have been unfair to fire them after one year of rebuild.  The smarter answer was to give them a 2 year extension a year ago.   Now they are stuck through 2020 (at least financially).  

Archived