Hackenberg sits to end a joke and Jets and Bowles are clowns

Patriot Killa

4 hours ago, david from haifa said:

i ignore any criticism the NY Post has to offer on the jets. they are so blatantly anti-jets. they are the opposite of how to read anything through the rose colored glasses on newyorkjets.com. 

imo, a certain disgruntled reporter from the Post, upset that his best and hard-cultivated inside source to the jets locker room was cut in the veteran purge, started the vicious rumor that the jets were tanking for an 0-16 season - the rumor that was picked up and ran with by the national media during the preseason. 

Right back to back 5-11 seasons are the mirage here, not the 10-6 joke in 2015 :wacko:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is like ground hog day yet again-we will bring back our old jaq qb like we did with Fitz and probably over pay him too. This is an indictment on our owner, our gm and our coach. Hack should be cut and our gm should just admit he has no idea how to draft a qb.  I fully expect the Jets not to draft a qb in the draft no matter who is there-that is our MO-we like to try and win with washed up jaqs as qbs. I suspect we will draft a pass rusher to continue our revolving door on defense. We draft high on D our D is bad and eventually our high drafts fade away into the night as they leave the team. This is a joke of a franchise and will be forever stuck being a bad or avg team. I will be walking away from my psls(they have no value) and not looking back. In the event of a miracle that they ever become a real team, I will just use stub hub. After 40 years of being a fan since shea as a kid my time is up after the Jets decided to bring back our garbage coach and garbage GM-this move sets us back another 3 years and I am done being patient 40 years is enough-my father has been there since day one with tickets -year one-he has been a fan and a ticket holder longer than anybody-he said life is too short to watch bad football year in and year out with no hope of the future. I hear people try and defend Mac and Bowles and wonder what you do in life that you are willing to tolerate and defend subpar performance. As Parcells said you are what your record says you were-Our coach and GM are below AVG and the future does not look bright. If you look at our roster-there are only a few players that if cut would start on other teams.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

this is like ground hog day yet again-we will bring back our old jaq qb like we did with Fitz and probably over pay him too. This is an indictment on our owner, our gm and our coach. Hack should be cut and our gm should just admit he has no idea how to draft a qb.  I fully expect the Jets not to draft a qb in the draft no matter who is there-that is our MO-we like to try and win with washed up jaqs as qbs. I suspect we will draft a pass rusher to continue our revolving door on defense. We draft high on D our D is bad and eventually our high drafts fade away into the night as they leave the team. This is a joke of a franchise and will be forever stuck being a bad or avg team. I will be walking away from my psls(they have no value) and not looking back. In the event of a miracle that they ever become a real team, I will just use stub hub. After 40 years of being a fan since shea as a kid my time is up after the Jets decided to bring back our garbage coach and garbage GM-this move sets us back another 3 years and I am done being patient 40 years is enough-my father has been there since day one with tickets -year one-he has been a fan and a ticket holder longer than anybody-he said life is too short to watch bad football year in and year out with no hope of the future. I hear people try and defend Mac and Bowles and wonder what you do in life that you are willing to tolerate and defend subpar performance. As Parcells said you are what your record says you were-Our coach and GM are below AVG and the future does not look bright. If you look at our roster-there are only a few players that if cut would start on other teams.

I share the same sentiments. Felt the same about the Mets when they hired Collins. Somehow, Alderson turned that disaster around but for a few years I stopped watching the Mets. I will do the same with the Jets at this point. I don’t see any long term resolution with this team and could care less until they get real football people in here to run things. 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

So, to be clear...your evaluation of the QB in one half of one game is better than the evaluation of professional coaches that have seen him for two years - day-in and day-out.

Fans need to face the fact that he's terrible.  It was a bad pick, move on.

Fans need to face the fact that Bowles is terrible. And as far as evaluating Hack , what do you think he does on a daily basis in practice. With Today's CBA the starting QB gets limited reps what do you think the 3rd string gets. 

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Fans need to face the fact that Bowles is terrible. And as far as evaluating Hack , what do you think he does on a daily basis in practice. With Today's CBA the starting QB gets limited reps what do you think the 3rd string gets. 

He runs the scout team - he gets a lot of reps.  They can see his ability to read a defense and throw accurate balls.  The word on him is he's terribly inaccurate - Again, Petty's inaccuracy is almost hard to believe.  How bad must Hack be.

He will be cut and we can all move on.

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He runs the scout team - he gets a lot of reps.  They can see his ability to read a defense and throw accurate balls.  The word on him is he's terribly inaccurate - Again, Petty's inaccuracy is almost hard to believe.  How bad must Hack be.

He will be cut and we can all move on.

The WORD based on who's account , your own bias , the media who are allowed in only parts of practice , who is this word coming from. 

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

The WORD based on who's account , your own bias , the media who are allowed in only parts of practice , who is this word coming from. 

quotes and comments from coaches...yes, through the media - but it's the information I have.  I haven't heard one person call for him to start because he's showed something special in practice. Plus from the pre-season games I saw him in...

Are you honestly trying to make the case that you think Hack is good? That the coaches don't really know his skill set? That you viewing one half of football will give you more information than the coaches have?

I just can never understand why some fans insist on seeing crappy players play just because they think they should.  If he's not any good.  Don't exacerbate the situation, just cut the kid and move on.

2 hours ago, varjet said:

This is on the Johnsons.   If they wanted Bowles to play younger players, they should have extended him earlier.   He was coaching for his job.  

After 2 years of trying to be competitive, the Johnsons hd no choice but to extend MacBowles.  NFL coaches and GMs are their own club.  It would have been unfair to fire them after one year of rebuild.  The smarter answer was to give them a 2 year extension a year ago.   Now they are stuck through 2020 (at least financially).  

Stupid is as stupid does. They deserve each other. As for me I could care less at this point. Let them all go on a shrimp boat ?‍♀️.

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

quotes and comments from coaches...yes, through the media - but it's the information I have.  I haven't heard one person call for him to start because he's showed something special in practice. Plus from the pre-season games I saw him in...

Are you honestly trying to make the case that you think Hack is good? That the coaches don't really know his skill set? That you viewing one half of football will give you more information than the coaches have?

I just can never understand why some fans insist on seeing crappy players play just because they think they should.  If he's not any good.  Don't exacerbate the situation, just cut the kid and move on.

I'm making the case that nobody knows , the CS, the media , you , me or the countless other Jet fans who have labeled him a bust without any evidence. No , letting him play a half wasn't going to prove anything, clueless Todd should have given Petty/Hack 6-10 games so that they could make that determination.

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

I'm making the case that nobody knows , the CS, the media , you , me or the countless other Jet fans who have labeled him a bust without any evidence. No , letting him play a half wasn't going to prove anything, clueless Todd should have given Petty/Hack 6-10 games so that they could make that determination.

Except the coaching staff does know - Like them or not - these are people that have been around the game their entire lives.  They can see when someone simply doesn't have the skill-set to play the position at an NFL level.

Mac rolled the dice on Hack and lost - picks bust all the time.  Too many are trying to make this into something it isn't.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Except the coaching staff does know - Like them or not - these are people that have been around the game their entire lives.  They can see when someone simply doesn't have the skill-set to play the position at an NFL level.

Mac rolled the dice on Hack and lost - picks bust all the time.  Too many are trying to make this into something it isn't.

Agree we have blown so many 1st round picks this Hackenberg pick in round 2 is so irrelevant and Mike can careless what fans think. 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

So, to be clear...your evaluation of the QB in one half of one game is better than the evaluation of professional coaches that have seen him for two years - day-in and day-out.

Fans need to face the fact that he's terrible.  It was a bad pick, move on.

The point is: Petty was bottom oF the barrel but hE was finE with that.   And peace, this is a blog---lets not play the you're-not-a-coach game.  iF you believe that, why do you bother coming here?

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You can believe that I won't . 

33 minutes ago, jack48 said:

The point is: Petty was bottom oF the barrel but hE was finE with that.   And peace, this is a blog---lets not play the you're-not-a-coach game.  iF you believe that, why do you bother coming here?

I'm not telling you not to have an opinion and coaches certainly aren't always right -  We are here to debate points.

The contention I have a problem with is - Bowles is an idiot because he didn't play Hack...

The only point I'm trying to make is not all crappy players should play just because the fans want to see them.  and if, in fact, Hack is worse than Petty - then I agree with Bowles not putting him in.  It's not as cut and dry as many are making it out to be.

I would have liked to see Hack play too - what fan wouldn't - but I can't fault the coach for not doing if he's that bad.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I'll be the first to say I'm wrong, apologize and call Bowles an idiot if Hack is on the team next year.  Because if he is good enough to be on the roster next year then he absolutely should have gotten some playing time.  But if their intention is to cut him (which I have to believe it is) then I have no problem with the choice of not playing him.

14 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm not telling you not to have an opinion and coaches certainly aren't always right -  We are here to debate points.

The contention I have a problem with is - Bowles is an idiot because he didn't play Hack...

The only point I'm trying to make is not all crappy players should play just because the fans want to see them.  and if, in fact, Hack is worse than Petty - then I agree with Bowles not putting him in.  It's not as cut and dry as many are making it out to be.

I would have liked to see Hack play too - what fan wouldn't - but I can't fault the coach for not doing if he's that bad.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I'll be the first to say I'm wrong, apologize and call Bowles an idiot if Hack is on the team next year.  Because if he is good enough to be on the roster next year then he absolutely should have gotten some playing time.  But if their intention is to cut him (which I have to believe it is) then I have no problem with the choice of not playing him.

My point is that no one could have been less productive than Petty was for three games. He was downright awful.  So why not?

Archived