Patriot Killa

Hackenberg sits to end a joke and Jets and Bowles are clowns

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I really have no problem with Bowles not playing Hack - I do have a problem with his stated reasoning - that Petty won the job 7 months ago - so Hack can't play now.  Makes no sense and is frankly hard to believe that could possibly be the real reason...

What if....What if...he actually does look good and would have looked good in the game.  And Bowles was afraid it would make him look worse for not playing him sooner. 

The excuse and the intent are bad. So now Hack holds a roster spot going into 2018 with a big ? over his head. 

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I just could never understand the logic that fans think they need to see a guy for the coach to determine if he's any good.

and Yes, I've seen Petty plan and that's my point - by all accounts in the organization Hack is worse.  And if that's the case then he has NO right ever being on an NFL football field.

That would mean you trust the evaluative judgment of a coach like Bowles. I do not.  Both the GM and the coach have been failures.

Just now, jack48 said:

That would mean you trust the evaluative judgment of a coach like Bowles. I do not.  Both the GM and the coach have been failures.  Because Petty was awful. How much worse could Hack be?  Bowles would rather lose by 20 than 30?  Wow.  My kind of coach

Here, I'll make it easy for the idiots who comprise our ownership/management:  Cut Petty and Hack (Mcc admits he fukked up on the pick), announce McCown as next season's backup QB, sign Bridgewater or Cousins and announce he's your opening day starter, draft the best QB available in the upcoming draft.

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Here, I'll make it easy for the idiots who comprise our ownership/management:  Cut Petty and Hack (Mcc admits he fukked up on the pick), announce McCown as next season's backup QB, sign Bridgewater or Cousins and announce he's your opening day starter, draft the best QB available in the upcoming drafty.

Why not invite RG III and Johny Manziel to camp as well, you know to pacify the idiots. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The excuse and the intent are bad. So now Hack holds a roster spot going into 2018 with a big ? over his head. 

I have a hard time believing Hack will be on the team next year.  If he couldn't beat out Petty then he has no right being on an NFL roster.  

4 minutes ago, jack48 said:

That would mean you trust the evaluative judgment of a coach like Bowles. I do not.  Both the GM and the coach have been failures.

So, to be clear...your evaluation of the QB in one half of one game is better than the evaluation of professional coaches that have seen him for two years - day-in and day-out.

Fans need to face the fact that he's terrible.  It was a bad pick, move on.

This is on the Johnsons.   If they wanted Bowles to play younger players, they should have extended him earlier.   He was coaching for his job.  

After 2 years of trying to be competitive, the Johnsons hd no choice but to extend MacBowles.  NFL coaches and GMs are their own club.  It would have been unfair to fire them after one year of rebuild.  The smarter answer was to give them a 2 year extension a year ago.   Now they are stuck through 2020 (at least financially).  

4 hours ago, david from haifa said:

i ignore any criticism the NY Post has to offer on the jets. they are so blatantly anti-jets. they are the opposite of how to read anything through the rose colored glasses on newyorkjets.com. 

imo, a certain disgruntled reporter from the Post, upset that his best and hard-cultivated inside source to the jets locker room was cut in the veteran purge, started the vicious rumor that the jets were tanking for an 0-16 season - the rumor that was picked up and ran with by the national media during the preseason. 

Right back to back 5-11 seasons are the mirage here, not the 10-6 joke in 2015 :wacko:

this is like ground hog day yet again-we will bring back our old jaq qb like we did with Fitz and probably over pay him too. This is an indictment on our owner, our gm and our coach. Hack should be cut and our gm should just admit he has no idea how to draft a qb.  I fully expect the Jets not to draft a qb in the draft no matter who is there-that is our MO-we like to try and win with washed up jaqs as qbs. I suspect we will draft a pass rusher to continue our revolving door on defense. We draft high on D our D is bad and eventually our high drafts fade away into the night as they leave the team. This is a joke of a franchise and will be forever stuck being a bad or avg team. I will be walking away from my psls(they have no value) and not looking back. In the event of a miracle that they ever become a real team, I will just use stub hub. After 40 years of being a fan since shea as a kid my time is up after the Jets decided to bring back our garbage coach and garbage GM-this move sets us back another 3 years and I am done being patient 40 years is enough-my father has been there since day one with tickets -year one-he has been a fan and a ticket holder longer than anybody-he said life is too short to watch bad football year in and year out with no hope of the future. I hear people try and defend Mac and Bowles and wonder what you do in life that you are willing to tolerate and defend subpar performance. As Parcells said you are what your record says you were-Our coach and GM are below AVG and the future does not look bright. If you look at our roster-there are only a few players that if cut would start on other teams.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

this is like ground hog day yet again-we will bring back our old jaq qb like we did with Fitz and probably over pay him too. This is an indictment on our owner, our gm and our coach. Hack should be cut and our gm should just admit he has no idea how to draft a qb.  I fully expect the Jets not to draft a qb in the draft no matter who is there-that is our MO-we like to try and win with washed up jaqs as qbs. I suspect we will draft a pass rusher to continue our revolving door on defense. We draft high on D our D is bad and eventually our high drafts fade away into the night as they leave the team. This is a joke of a franchise and will be forever stuck being a bad or avg team. I will be walking away from my psls(they have no value) and not looking back. In the event of a miracle that they ever become a real team, I will just use stub hub. After 40 years of being a fan since shea as a kid my time is up after the Jets decided to bring back our garbage coach and garbage GM-this move sets us back another 3 years and I am done being patient 40 years is enough-my father has been there since day one with tickets -year one-he has been a fan and a ticket holder longer than anybody-he said life is too short to watch bad football year in and year out with no hope of the future. I hear people try and defend Mac and Bowles and wonder what you do in life that you are willing to tolerate and defend subpar performance. As Parcells said you are what your record says you were-Our coach and GM are below AVG and the future does not look bright. If you look at our roster-there are only a few players that if cut would start on other teams.

I share the same sentiments. Felt the same about the Mets when they hired Collins. Somehow, Alderson turned that disaster around but for a few years I stopped watching the Mets. I will do the same with the Jets at this point. I don’t see any long term resolution with this team and could care less until they get real football people in here to run things. 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

So, to be clear...your evaluation of the QB in one half of one game is better than the evaluation of professional coaches that have seen him for two years - day-in and day-out.

Fans need to face the fact that Bowles is terrible. And as far as evaluating Hack , what do you think he does on a daily basis in practice. With Today's CBA the starting QB gets limited reps what do you think the 3rd string gets. 

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Fans need to face the fact that Bowles is terrible. And as far as evaluating Hack , what do you think he does on a daily basis in practice. With Today's CBA the starting QB gets limited reps what do you think the 3rd string gets. 

He runs the scout team - he gets a lot of reps.  They can see his ability to read a defense and throw accurate balls.  The word on him is he's terribly inaccurate - Again, Petty's inaccuracy is almost hard to believe.  How bad must Hack be.

He will be cut and we can all move on.

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He runs the scout team - he gets a lot of reps.  They can see his ability to read a defense and throw accurate balls.  The word on him is he's terribly inaccurate - Again, Petty's inaccuracy is almost hard to believe.  How bad must Hack be.

He will be cut and we can all move on.

The WORD based on who's account , your own bias , the media who are allowed in only parts of practice , who is this word coming from. 

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

The WORD based on who's account , your own bias , the media who are allowed in only parts of practice , who is this word coming from. 

quotes and comments from coaches...yes, through the media - but it's the information I have.  I haven't heard one person call for him to start because he's showed something special in practice. Plus from the pre-season games I saw him in...

Are you honestly trying to make the case that you think Hack is good? That the coaches don't really know his skill set? That you viewing one half of football will give you more information than the coaches have?

I just can never understand why some fans insist on seeing crappy players play just because they think they should.  If he's not any good.  Don't exacerbate the situation, just cut the kid and move on.

2 hours ago, varjet said:

This is on the Johnsons.   If they wanted Bowles to play younger players, they should have extended him earlier.   He was coaching for his job.  

After 2 years of trying to be competitive, the Johnsons hd no choice but to extend MacBowles.  NFL coaches and GMs are their own club.  It would have been unfair to fire them after one year of rebuild.  The smarter answer was to give them a 2 year extension a year ago.   Now they are stuck through 2020 (at least financially).  

Stupid is as stupid does. They deserve each other. As for me I could care less at this point. Let them all go on a shrimp boat 🚣‍♀️.

4 minutes ago, BigO said:

Stupid is as stupid does. They deserve each other. As for me I could care less at this point. Let them all go on a shrimp boat 🚣‍♀️.

Mike and Todd are Laurel and Hardy the rest of the NFL is laughing at the Jets. 

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

quotes and comments from coaches...yes, through the media - but it's the information I have.  I haven't heard one person call for him to start because he's showed something special in practice. Plus from the pre-season games I saw him in...

Are you honestly trying to make the case that you think Hack is good? That the coaches don't really know his skill set? That you viewing one half of football will give you more information than the coaches have?

I just can never understand why some fans insist on seeing crappy players play just because they think they should.  If he's not any good.  Don't exacerbate the situation, just cut the kid and move on.

I'm making the case that nobody knows , the CS, the media , you , me or the countless other Jet fans who have labeled him a bust without any evidence. No , letting him play a half wasn't going to prove anything, clueless Todd should have given Petty/Hack 6-10 games so that they could make that determination.

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

I'm making the case that nobody knows , the CS, the media , you , me or the countless other Jet fans who have labeled him a bust without any evidence. No , letting him play a half wasn't going to prove anything, clueless Todd should have given Petty/Hack 6-10 games so that they could make that determination.

Except the coaching staff does know - Like them or not - these are people that have been around the game their entire lives.  They can see when someone simply doesn't have the skill-set to play the position at an NFL level.

Mac rolled the dice on Hack and lost - picks bust all the time.  Too many are trying to make this into something it isn't.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Except the coaching staff does know - Like them or not - these are people that have been around the game their entire lives.  They can see when someone simply doesn't have the skill-set to play the position at an NFL level.

Mac rolled the dice on Hack and lost - picks bust all the time.  Too many are trying to make this into something it isn't.

Agree we have blown so many 1st round picks this Hackenberg pick in round 2 is so irrelevant and Mike can careless what fans think. 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The point is: Petty was bottom oF the barrel but hE was finE with that.   And peace, this is a blog---lets not play the you're-not-a-coach game.  iF you believe that, why do you bother coming here?

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You can believe that I won't . 

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

What's the point though?

what is the point odf watvhing Petty be inaccurate on 6 yard passes.  Equally futile.

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Yes I would rather he coach realistically than chase miracles

So yesterday was "realistic coaching."  That is a new one.