Thank you Chris Johnson

j4jets

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

It’s not the fans alone. It is a trinity. Ownership serves mediocrity, fans got to see mediocrity, ownership makes money and serves more. It’s so simple

Stop. Seriously. Stop.

Go in a phone booth and come out on the other side a better poster.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

You can keep saying it over and over again. Doesn't make it true.

The fans are not to blame for the Jets not winning the Super Bowl since 1969. Do you even know anything about Leon Hess? 

Bringing the Yankees up as an example just shows what you don't know. Please stop bringing this up, you are hurting the collective IQ of the board by blaming the fans for the Jets not winning the Super Bowl. That is a very narcissistic point of view.

I, too blame us for the Jet zeitgeist.   If I knew what it meant.

It’s the fans fault in this sense. If you don’t think the product is any good, don’t go to games and don’t give the Jets any money. That will get Woodys attention

Woody gets enough guaranteed money that it doesn't matter. You need to drop this, you are wrong and it is disgusting to blame fans for the Jets losing.

His franchise has more than doubled in value. The TV contract alone gets them paid. If everyone in the NFL stopped going to games, the league would cut the salary cap by 80% and stream the games live online. Guess what? The players would make no money, the owners would still make money.

Please visit that phone booth. Go back in time. Go forward. But step into the phone booth soon. It is painful.

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I, too blame us for the Jet zeitgeist.   If I knew what it meant.

Yeah, when you figure it out let me know. 

Not sure how people caring and rooting for the team helps them lose, lol.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Woody gets enough guaranteed money that it doesn't matter. You need to drop this, you are wrong and it is disgusting to blame fans for the Jets losing.

His franchise has more than doubled in value. The TV contract alone gets them paid. If everyone in the NFL stopped going to games, the league would cut the salary cap by 80% and stream the games live online. Guess what? The players would make no money, the owners would still make money.

If that’s true, why are several teams still forced to move? Rams Chargers Raiders. They can’t get stadiums built even thought they are making money?

the Jaguars were in hell before Kahn bought them. No one went to their games.

Of course fan attendance is important

10 hours ago, j4jets said:

After two straight 5-11 seasons, we started handing out contract extensions to the FO. Well done, Chris. Well done! Maybe we can extend Mo as well after yet another sh*t filled season. Love these 6th overall picks. Helps Mac luck into good players. And you thought Rex was the clown. 

What’s your solution? Fire everyone and “blow it up”...again?! No thanks 

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah, when you figure it out let me know. 

Not sure how people caring and rooting for the team helps them lose, lol.

I'm not sure what he means either.  See, every year Woody gets a hefty check from the TV rights.  The franchise is worth a billion?  More?  In reality, he could give two bananas if the team wins or loses. Or what the fans think.  It's all the same regardless (irregardless for those so inclined).  He could have an empty stadium each week and it would not effect him getting that check from the NFL.

The Yankees won the World Series in 1996, 1998, 1999 and 2000. The lost the World Series in 2001 and 2003.

They traded for ARod in 2004. Then they only won one World Series in 2009. But their attendance broke 4 million the first four years he was here. They set an all time attendance record in 2008 and won the World Series in 2009.

If the fans would have stopped supporting the team, they would have won on 2010 as well I guess.

You are scary.

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If that’s true, why are several teams still forced to move? Rams Chargers Raiders. They can’t get stadiums built even thought they are making money?

Who said it wasn't important I am just trying to show you the owners will get paid no matter what. And your premise is 1) Pissing me off to the point where you are going to have to start saying goodbyes and 2) Garbage.

I will not let you blame fans for the Jets losing. It is a disgusting premise that holds no merit and is 100% straight-up annoying me.

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

I'm not sure what he means either.  See, every year Woody gets a hefty check from the TV rights.  The franchise is worth a billion?  More?  In reality, he could give two bananas if the team wins or loses. Or what the fans think.  It's all the same regardless (irregardless for those so inclined).  He could have an empty stadium each week and it would not effect him getting that check from the NFL.

Exactly.

Just now, Maxman said:

Who said it wasn't important I am just trying to show you the owners will get paid no matter what. And your premise is 1) Pissing me off to the point where you are going to have to start saying goodbyes and 2) Garbage.

I will not let you blame fans for the Jets losing. It is a disgusting premise that holds no merit and is 100% straight-up annoying me.

My premise is that the owner wrongly lets the fanbase and the media influence his decisions. 

Now to fix that, one of these elements has to change. 

Unless Woody has a change of heart or sells the team the other factor needs to change or the Jets are doomed forever.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The Yankees won the World Series in 1996, 1998, 1999 and 2000. The lost the World Series in 2001 and 2003.

They traded for ARod in 2004. Then they only won one World Series in 2009. But their attendance broke 4 million the first four years he was here. They set an all time attendance record in 2008 and won the World Series in 2009.

If the fans would have stopped supporting the team, they would have won on 2010 as well I guess.

You are scary.

From 2012 to 2015, their attendance dropped badly. The ratings for the YES network decreased too.

6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Then why does he bring in any players at all? Why Tebow? Why Favre? 

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Same here...  no more road trips, gear etc until we get a management team that has half a brain. 

We have developed nothing in the QB area in almost 10 years, most our 1st round picks are busts, 2nds are worse.  Thats management. 

Might go to Tennessee next year(the Mrs. wants top go to Nashville, could be a nice weekend even with sheety football), but they've gotten my last dollar of ticket $ nor merchandise until they figure it out. This ownership bid against itself extending these guys, who have done nothing in 3 years to justify such decisions. What decisions they have made and what they have done in fact should have gotten them both fired.

We are now about to give up valuable draft picks to move up to grab a QB because the GM and HC picked a safety over Watson. we could had that franchise QB here already but SAFETIES, MAN!The decision alone should get people fired.  INCOMPREHENSIBLE.; INEXCUSABLE; CRIMINALLY STUPID.  And they did all this extending instead because really, without some old dog/club president to run the show, the Johnsons have no idea.If they had fired them, they would of course call some old guy or a search firm and get the scraps after all the better jobs get filled.  

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

From 2012 to 2015, their attendance dropped badly. The ratings for the YES network decreased too.

You seriously know nothing. Their attendance means nothing. Revenue means everything.

Not sure where you live, but the Yankees revenue did not drop those years. Your premise is wrong.

The Yankees didn't suddenly start drafting good kids and developing young talent because Cashman was worried about attendance. Again, your theory is complete garbage.

14 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Attendance is nice. But the NFL could hold their games in a TV studio without selling Ticket#1 and still make money. 

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Might go to Tennessee next year(the Mrs. wants top go to Nashville, could be a nice weekend even with sheety football), but they've gotten my last dollar of ticket $ nor merchandise until they figure it out. This ownership bid against itself extending these guys, who have done nothing in 3 years to justify such decisions. What decisions they have made and what they have done in fact should have gotten them both fired.

We are now about to give up valuable draft picks to move up to grab a QB because the GM and HC picked a safety over Watson. we could had that franchise QB here already but SAFETIES, MAN!The decision alone should get people fired.  INCOMPREHENSIBLE.; INEXCUSABLE; CRIMINALLY STUPID.  And they did all this extending instead because really, without some old dog/club president to run the show, the Johnsons have no idea.If they had fired them, they would of course call some old guy or a search firm and get the scraps after all the better jobs get filled.  

I’m still pissed over Russel Wilson and Jacoby  Brisset.  BOTH QBs available easily for us and  from my eyes played a fluid game. yet we take HACK????   Ridiculous. 

Just now, Matt39 said:

The only solution is Woody opening up his checkbook and paying someone of worth a lot of money to run the entire show. Either a coach that can do everything or a President of Football Ops.

Totally agree that would be a good move. 

Just now, Maxman said:

You seriously know nothing. Their attendance means nothing. Revenue means everything.

Not sure where you live, but the Yankees revenue did not drop those years. Your premise is wrong.

The Yankees didn't suddenly start drafting good kids and developing young talent because Cashman was worried about attendance. Again, your theory is complete garbage.

They tried to get below the tax level in 2014. They lost revenue/attendance with a listless team and so they went out and blew out their finances by signing Ellsbury Beltran and McCann.

Damn right they care

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The only solution is Woody opening up his checkbook and paying someone of worth a lot of money to run the entire show. Either a coach that can do everything or a President of Football Ops.

Some of us have been screaming this for a few years. it's obvious the Johnsons don't know what they're doing. But has not happened. 

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Totally agree that would be a good move. 

Woody has no problems paying players like the Bengals or Packers do. He's never paid a coach or a guy to run everything. He meddles. Hence why the Jets continue to shuffle through C, C- level hires. A lot of guys have turned down promotions to work here. Woody needs to pay and keep out if he wants to turn the franchise around.

They tried to get below the tax level in 2014. They lost revenue/attendance with a listless team and so they went out and blew out their finances by signing Ellsbury Beltran and McCann.

Damn right they care

I have never banned anyone out of anger before. Maybe Pats Fan Tx one time when he told me my panties were in a bunch lol.

I am telling you, after years of people complaining about what a bad poster you are, I am getting close to listening.

You know so little, you are bringing down the IQ here. I need you to step away and drop this garbage premise. Like I said it is annoying me.

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Some of us have been screaming this for a few years. it's obvious the Johnsons don't know what they're doing. But has not happened. 

They are smart enough to know to bring in experts to help them hire people (casserly and wolf). But they have a big enough ego to not completely let go

They are smart enough to know to bring in experts to help them hire people (casserly and wolf). But they have a big enough ego to not completely let go

IF ONLY THE FANS WOULD HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CMON FANS BE BETTER FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP WOODY HELP HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived