Thank you Chris Johnson

j4jets

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

I’m still pissed over Russel Wilson and Jacoby  Brisset.  BOTH QBs available easily for us and  from my eyes played a fluid game. yet we take HACK????   Ridiculous. 

Calvin Pryor over over Derek Carr.

Hack over Prescott.

It's as if Florham Park thinks they have some great secret about winning football that doesn't involve passing effectively. If you are going to buck industry trends you had best succeed,and wildly so. That hasn't been the case. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Maxman said:

I have never banned anyone out of anger before. Maybe Pats Fan Tx one time when he told me my panties were in a bunch lol.

I am telling you, after years of people complaining about what a bad poster you are, I am getting close to listening.

You know so little, you are bringing down the IQ here. I need you to step away and drop this garbage premise. Like I said it is annoying me.

I’m sorry if you find it that way. But I truly believe it. I’m not trolling. This is what I believe

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I’m sorry if you find it that way. But I truly believe it. I’m not trolling. This is what I believe

I understand you believe it. That is what makes banning you an actual option.

If you were trolling, I would have already sent you a PM thanking you for the extra post count.

The fact that you believe it is what is scary. The fans are not to blame for the Jets now winning a Super Bowl since 1969.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Woody has no problems paying players like the Bengals or Packers do. He's never paid a coach or a guy to run everything. He meddles. Hence why the Jets continue to shuffle through C, C- level hires. A lot of guys have turned down promotions to work here. Woody needs to pay and keep out if he wants to turn the franchise around.

I 100% agree with all of that.

Just now, Maxman said:

I understand you believe it. That is what makes banning you an actual option.

If you were trolling, I would have already sent you a PM thanking you for the extra post count.

The fact that you believe it is what is scary. The fans are not to blame for the Jets now winning a Super Bowl since 1969.

Not directly. The owner is the main culprit. But the fans can make it known that they have had enough

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Not directly. The owner is the main culprit. But the fans can make it known that they have had enough

Let's start with you. The Jets know that JetNation is the top fan site. They have told me that they read this stuff. So if you just stop posting, then post counts will go down. I can send them our stats and show the regression.

That will show that fans are pulling back. When that happens, and only when, then they will realize they need a QB that doesn't suck.

So it starts with you. Just stop posting and you can fix all of this.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I have to step away and do something with my family.

If someone would be so kind as to take over this, "the Jets lose because of the fans" debate with United Who it would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Enjoy the day; you have earned it.

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You don't think Belichick would've gotten more wins out of this team?  John Harbaugh?  Andy Reid? 

Didn't the chiefs lose to the Jets with a considerably more talented roster?

Didn't get Jets almost grab the lead late in the 4th when a TD was overturned against the Pats, who is the #1 seed in the AFC and defending SB champs?

I think for once they're acting reasonably. Both the HC and the GM were new at their jobs and a work in progress. And both after noted struggles have improved and we're seeing it with the team and in the org. It makes no sense to rip that up and start over again. I'll take Chris over Woody. Even though I'm sure Woody is still involved even though he's not supposed to be. 

13 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Give any HC in the league the QB situation the Jets have had over the 3 years and I can't imagine having any more wins than Bowles got out of them.

Yeah that Bowles guy is a real NFL wizard. We are in awe of his mastery.

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I think for once they're acting reasonably. Both the HC and the GM were new at their jobs and a work in progress. And both after noted struggles have improved and we're seeing it with the team and in the org. It makes no sense to rip that up and start over again. I'll take Chris over Woody. Even though I'm sure Woody is still involved even though he's not supposed to be. 

I think Chris is trying to play the long game.  No one would work for this team if they fired MacBowles after making them sign Revis and the other short term moves they made.  The goal must be to try and improve the roster while angling to replace at least Bowles.

The Morton stuff is completely weird.  I think MacBowles remain frustrated that the offensive coaches have not figured out to develop the quarterbacks they drafted.

9 hours ago, varjet said:

I think Chris is trying to play the long game.  No one would work for this team if they fired MacBowles after making them sign Revis and the other short term moves they made.  The goal must be to try and improve the roster while angling to replace at least Bowles.

The Morton stuff is completely weird.  I think MacBowles remain frustrated that the offensive coaches have not figured out to develop the quarterbacks they drafted.

I thought Bowles comments on Morton were ok. He said the guy did a good job but made a few mistakes. He isn't firing Morton if Morton goes it's on his own volition. I think the Raiders can't hire Morton as an OC unless they give him a higher title like Asst HC. Morton actually knows Gruden from his time with the Packers (as a player and Gruden was his Wr coach) and stated that he wouldn't be where he was today if not for Al Davis. So there is some allegiance to the Raiders. I don't think Bowles or Mac blames Morton for the failures of their young Qbs. He didn't draft them and they didn't adequately develop under other coaches. IMO Petty is who they thought he would be. They always talked about him as an NFL backup Qb. And so far that's what he is. But he can play in the NFL. A lot of teams would sign him if we cut him. I'd keep him. 

The Jets front office has done pretty much what they are supposed to do.  When they got here, there was talent on the roster and they went out and spent the money they inherited to make them a playoff caliber team.  It didn't work so then they did what many fans have been saying for years, blew up the roster and rid themselves of big contracts and released older players so that the young guys can play and develop.

The team at it's core is way better than a 1 or 2 win team that many people believed they were and that's great news.  

Some draft picks have not worked out well and of course the biggest is tied to the QB position but overall we could be in a way worse position than we are.

This is their big off season.  This is were they tell us that Hack is not the future and get us a rookie with a high pick or spend some of that big cap space on someone. 

The resigning of Macc and Bowles was the right thing to do for this team.  

image.png

On 1/2/2018 at 9:55 AM, prime21 said:

The Jets front office has done pretty much what they are supposed to do.  When they got here, there was talent on the roster and they went out and spent the money they inherited to make them a playoff caliber team.  It didn't work so then they did what many fans have been saying for years, blew up the roster and rid themselves of big contracts and released older players so that the young guys can play and develop.

The team at it's core is way better than a 1 or 2 win team that many people believed they were and that's great news.  

Some draft picks have not worked out well and of course the biggest is tied to the QB position but overall we could be in a way worse position than we are.

This is their big off season.  This is were they tell us that Hack is not the future and get us a rookie with a high pick or spend some of that big cap space on someone. 

The resigning of Macc and Bowles was the right thing to do for this team.  

image.png

I think Bowes resigned in that Denver Donkeys game. 

On 1/1/2018 at 2:56 PM, Maxman said:

The fans need to stick together and make it happen. Maybe UnitedWho can be our leader and bring it up at a fan forum in Florham Park. Someone want to start a kickstarter lol.

UnitedWhoFan for 2018 JN Captain.  Make it happen.  

On 1/1/2018 at 4:06 AM, j4jets said:

After two straight 5-11 seasons, we started handing out contract extensions to the FO. Well done, Chris. Well done! Maybe we can extend Mo as well after yet another sh*t filled season. Love these 6th overall picks. Helps Mac luck into good players. And you thought Rex was the clown. 

Hahahahahagahaha 

I think the Johnsons realized that they had no choice but to extend MacBowles.  They really did not get a full chance to build a team when they started in 2015.  That chance started last year, although as another thread has shown, Mac's drafting has been anywhere between awful to average.  

If I am the Johnsons I am telling Bowles to improve his coaching staff and telling Mac that he better not screw up anymore draft picks.  I don't see Mac as taking any big chances here-they won 5 games with McCown and were close in another 5.  

Woody/Chris Johnson deserves criticism at times but what is essentially happening with the Jets now isn't their fault.

Coaches have to coach, GM has to Gm and players have to play it is as simple as that.....

Owner isn't putting bad QBs out there or drafting guys not willing to give effort; no, there are guys making money on these moves and they had better start producing results.

33 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Woody/Chris Johnson deserves criticism at times but what is essentially happening with the Jets now isn't their fault.

Coaches have to coach, GM has to Gm and players have to play it is as simple as that.....

Owner isn't putting bad QBs out there or drafting guys not willing to give effort; no, there are guys making money on these moves and they had better start producing results.

Ehh, I disagree, Woody setup this stupid power structure and IMO demanded they compete quick with a crap roster and no QB

4 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

With both the GM and Coach answering directly to a terrible owner, it's not that simple.  No one really seems to know what role they have, who is actually in charge, and no one is on the same page on the vision for the franchise (and/or the vision is a terrible one).  That's on ownership.  

4 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Who has ownership put in charge of football that Everyone else answers up to ?

The Jets are not the only team with this structure.

The Giants have the same. Right now, Gettleman can suggest who the new coach is but the owners have the final say.

There are other teams in the NFL that have this as well. I don't remember the article though

4 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Ehh, I disagree, Woody setup this stupid power structure and IMO demanded they compete quick with a crap roster and no QB

52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

With both the GM and Coach answering directly to a terrible owner, it's not that simple.  No one really seems to know what role they have, who is actually in charge, and no one is on the same page on the vision for the franchise (and/or the vision is a terrible one).  That's on ownership.  

42 minutes ago, ljr said:

Who has ownership put in charge of football that Everyone else answers up to ?

12 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

The Jets are not the only team with this structure.

The Giants have the same. Right now, Gettleman can suggest who the new coach is but the owners have the final say.

There are other teams in the NFL that have this as well. I don't remember the article though

Just because it works for other franchises doesn't mean it will ever work for us.  You need COMPETENT ownership to make it work.  Otherwise, you need to just hire a VP of Operations and hand the keys over.  We need the latter to happen if we're ever going to be a perennial contender.

15 hours ago, NoBowles said:

I don’t think he demanded that at all. Why else would you give out extensions after two straight 5-11 seasons?

Archived