Sign in to follow this  
j4jets

Thank you Chris Johnson

Rate this topic

Objectively, sure, this administration is demonstrably awful, but—as always—the Johnson family makes their decisions vis a vis this process:

1. Manish writes some sh*t

2. Large swath of Jets fans repeat Mehta’s sh*t verbatim

3. Johnson presumes this sh*t is conventional wisdom.

4. Johnson does what Manish tells him to do.

45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Objectively, sure, this administration is demonstrably awful, but—as always—the Johnson family makes their decisions vis a vis this process:

1. Manish writes some sh*t

2. Large swath of Jets fans repeat Mehta’s sh*t verbatim

3. Johnson presumes this sh*t is conventional wisdom.

4. Johnson does what Manish tells him to do.

Are you sure it's not his dog talking to him?

4 hours ago, j4jets said:

After two straight 5-11 seasons, we started handing out contract extensions to the FO. Well done, Chris. Well done! Maybe we can extend Mo as well after yet another sh*t filled season. Love these 6th overall picks. Helps Mac luck into good players. And you thought Rex was the clown. 

Browns are keeping an coach that 1-31. We’re not that stupid

1 minute ago, ECURB said:

Hard to win without a QB... See every team without one ever...

They were in the playoff hunt all year with Josh Mccown... Not an easy task

Give any HC in the league the QB situation the Jets have had over the 3 years and I can't imagine having any more wins than Bowles got out of them.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Give any HC in the league the QB situation the Jets have had over the 3 years and I can't imagine having any more wins than Bowles got out of them.

Jets reached two AFCCGs with a 3rd string QB. Who’s job is it to bring a QB here? Certainly not the fans’. Headed to 4th off season under Mac and we most likely will have NO QBs under contract for 2018 by the time FA starts. 

Wanna know something funny? Mac is Tanny version 2.0. And you’ll see that when he jizzes all that cap space over average players this off season. 

2 hours ago, ECURB said:

Hard to win without a QB... See every team without one ever...

They were in the playoff hunt all year with Josh Mccown... Not an easy task

Only because it’s almost impossible to be out of the hunt in the first 8 weeks. We’re we really in the hunt at 5-8? The moment McCown threw that pick against Pats, and then blew up 4th quarter leads against Dolphins n Falcons, you knew it was going to be a long season. 

I don't understand the haste in extending Bowles and Mcc.  What, there's a League-wide clammer to sign these dopes? nReminds me of when Kotite got fired and uber-dunce Hess tells him to sit tight before he signs with anyone else.  Or when we extended Sanchez.  Or Rex.  Or Fitz.  It is said often.  But our ownership just does not get it.

What would have been wrong with exploring possibilities with other HC candidates?  Ones who have specialized in offense and developing a QB?  Now?   Once again we sit here with a "defensive guru"/clueless sap for at least another year.  (IMO, longer.)  And almost no chance to attract any talented QB who wants to win.

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Browns are keeping an coach that 1-31. We’re not that stupid

Are they really that stupid or do they just realize they already have the only coach with NFL experience who is nuts enough to want / stay on the job?

Maybe Lou Holtz would take it if offered. Cant think of anyone else.

Just now, Kleckineau said:

Are they really that stupid or do they just realize they already have the only coach with NFL experience who is nuts enough to want / stay on the job?

Maybe Lou Holtz would take it if offered. Cant think of anyone else.

But I've been told here that the Browns are set up for greatness

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It's always the fans and the media lol.

It is . You know why the franchise accepts mediocrity? Because people still come to see mediocrity. Because the media makes expectations that promote mediocrity

The Knicks still sold out the Garden for years, despite having awful teams

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

You don't think Belichick would've gotten more wins out of this team?  John Harbaugh?  Andy Reid? 

14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This is by far the single worst theory, not only on this message board, but on any NFL board, ever.

Congratulations.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

It’s not. It is a trinity of mediocrity. Ownership, media and fanbase. Each feeds the other.

You can look to the Yankees for more evidence. When they went into a malaise a few years ago, fans stayed away and ratings for the YES network went down.

when they got good again, the ratings went back up 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

LOL okay.  So Todd Bowles = COTY?

Is Andy Reid (who the Jets beat) Harbaugh, who missed the playoffs?

But that's not really the point.  The point is - when you have to trot out 38 and 39 year old, retread, never-has-beens you can't expect any coach to win big.  This board is very unfair to Bowles.  When looked at objectively I see a coach that's done a reasonable job and would like to see him with a legitimate QB.