Same, Better, Worse

DMan77

Same, Better, Worse  

68 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Jets and their future today compared to this time last year?

Interesting answers! It's always interesting to see the different perspectives people have.

I still think we're in a much better position today than last year... Last season before they cut all the overpaid vets I thought it was going to be a really old, slow, boring, team... Now at this point when I compare things I see a handful of pieces that could really play a roll in the future... As some of you have pointed out they might not be the "foundation" positions, but I still like the overall roster much more today than I did a year ago... We'll see how I feel in 4 months though. 

First the D:

CBs: seriously, who will be our #1 CB next year? None is contracted as of yet. 

Safeties: most improved position on the team. Not worried. 

DL: Overrated. Sheldon gone, Mo on his way out and Leo wasn’t even close to himself. McClendon is ok for what he’s making. 

LBs: average at best. Nothing special anywhere. 

OL: garbage

TEs: garbage

RB: garbage without good OL, making them a product of the OL. That is not talent. Powell is a backup on most teams. 

WRs: Robby n Kearse are average at best. 

QB: We’ll have NO QB signed for 2018 when the FA starts. The most important position on an NFL team, making addition by subtraction a moot point. 

Cap space and draft picks: We know Mac hasn’t been successful in the past, why is there any more optimism now than before?

On 1/1/2018 at 3:42 PM, JetsFanatic said:

It's better. They purged themselves of a lot of washed up vets.  That said, they better make the right moves this off season.  They will have about $100M in cap space (with Wilk cut) and are in a prime drafting situation.

Hard to agree here. Many of those washes up vets were players this regime brought in. The last time they had a 100M cap they spent it...2 seasons later they're purging those same players or are about tp purge them this offseason. 

I dont see how were any better than where we were a couple years back. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Hard to agree here. Many of those washes up vets were players this regime brought in. The last time they had a 100M cap they spent it...2 seasons later they're purging those same players or are about tp purge them this offseason. 

I dont see how were any better than where we were a couple years back. 

Wait until Macc gives Sheldumb $75 million

Archived