Bowles will probably be more hands on with the offense next season

Maxman

1 hour ago, greenwave81 said:

WTF does this even mean??  Sheesh...

It’s just the management parts of the game where you want to keep it balanced and you want to keep offense working with defense and defense working with offense. Sometimes the defense may go on a tangent or the offense may go on a tangent and you have to step in and say, “This is what we have to do to win the ball game. We have to do X, Y and Z compared to this over here.” 

It means sometimes throughout the course of the game, the defense is getting gassed and a 3 and out with 3 incomplete passes or 2 incomplete passes compound on the stress on the defense. 

And the offensive coaches likely respond with shut the **** up I'll call what I want.

The head coach is the one needs to send down the message to not be afraid to run a little clock this drive.

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It means sometimes throughout the course of the game, the defense is getting gassed and a 3 and out with 3 incomplete passes or 2 incomplete passes compound on the stress on the defense. 

And the offensive coaches likely respond with shut the **** up I'll call what I want.

The head coach is the one needs to send down the message to not be afraid to run a little clock this drive.

So run, run, run or wr screen for no gain then punt?  Sounds like Bowles.  Lol

WTF does this even mean??  Sheesh...

It’s just the management parts of the game where you want to keep it balanced and you want to keep offense working with defense and defense working with offense. Sometimes the defense may go on a tangent or the offense may go on a tangent and you have to step in and say, “This is what we have to do to win the ball game. We have to do X, Y and Z compared to this over here.” 

It means if this and that aren’t working then you do that and this. And if that and this or this and that ain’t working you do that and that. And if that and that ain’t working you do this and this. And if this and this and that and that ain’t working then you stare at the clock with a scornful eye and .....punt.

14 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Todd Bowles and the Jets Coaching staff at the weekly meeting..substitute 'passing game' for water, 'TDs' for crops/plants, and 'washed up 38 yo retread QBs' for electrolytes and 'Todd Bowles' for Brawndo:   

Carries.

They're what Matt Forte craves.

9 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yeah...because OC's love going 3 and out, and hate running a little clock on drives.  It takes a HC to tell an OC in other words 'dude...you're killing me with these 3 and outs'?

Why can't the OC tell the HC 'dude, your D is killing me giving me sh*tty field position all game..can't you stop them on 3rd down'?

Bowles hears the play calls in his head set, all game...it's always his prerogative to say no to any play call, and most certainly to talk to the OC at any point in the game to alter play calling philosophy, or even call the O himself.

It doesn't take a head coach to tell an OC that three and outs aren't good.  It does sometimes take a HC to tell an OC to run the ball a bit more here.  No OC goes into a series thinking "here comes a 3 and out".

Of course it can go both ways, I simply used one example.  Good grief.  

You seemed confused by what the quote meant.  Maybe you were speaking tongue in cheek.  It is clear that he is saying there are times where he had to step in and be the intermediary between the 2 sides of the ball.

Morton is NOT an idiot, and probably realizes the NYJ and Bowles is a dead end street for him.  Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I believe Bowles was very involved in the offense this year, as no way do I see Morton running such conservative, non innovative game plans if it was up to him alone.

In game...two minutes situation...

I have never coached in the NFL, but i know that i dont punt on 4th diwn in the forth quarter down by x pts with a couole minutes left in the game.  

I have never coached in the NFL, but i know i wouldnt give up if my starting QB went down.  

I have never coached in the NFL, but i know...ah **** it.

The dude has a defensive background and I can't name a single offensive player Mac drafted who's any good. We're a bottom half defense even with all our draft capital going towards his side of the ball. I can't ******* wait to see what impact he was with a more hands on approach to offense

16 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

The dude has a defensive background and I can't name a single offensive player Mac drafted who's any good. We're a bottom half defense even with all our draft capital going towards his side of the ball. I can't ******* wait to see what impact he was with a more hands on approach to offense

Jordan Leggett will be the next fiasco.  

Archived