I hope none of our bretheren from here were in that accident in costa rica...

Beerfish

Yeah, I saw that this morning as well. Horrible tragedy, RIP. They sound like good people. 

bruce.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=664&h=4

The father of the family killed in a fiery Costa Rican plane crash was a senior investor at Bridgewater Associates, the giant hedge fund headed by billionaire Ray Dalio.

Bruce Steinberg — who, along with his wife, Irene, and three sons, Zachary, William and Matthew, was among 12 people killed in the charter plane crash on New Year’s Eve — was a senior member of the Connecticut-based fund’s research team.

Steinberg, 50, was also a graduate of Columbia Business School.

“The Bridgewater family lost Bruce Steinberg (a senior investor at Bridgewater and a wonderful man) and his family in a plane crash in Costa Rica. Right now, we are each processing this devastating tragedy in our own ways,” Dalio tweeted Monday.

Modal Trigger
The Steinberg familyFacebook

“At this time I will be devoting my attentions to doing this and helping others,” added Dalio, who founded the $150 billion fund.

Rabbi Jonathan Blake, of the Westchester Reform Temple, where the Steinbergs were members, also mourned the family on social media, calling them “devoted members” of the synagogue.

“This tragedy hits our community very hard,” Blake wrote in a Facebook post Sunday.

Blake also spoke to The Post on Sunday.

“All the Steinbergs will be remembered by their Scarsdale and the temple community as among the most devoted to the welfare of the Jewish community and the beauty of the Jewish tradition,” Blake said.

“They will be deeply missed.”

The family was also involved with the UJA-Federation of New York, AJC (American Jewish Committee), and Seeds of Peace.

Terrible. My former colleague worked with him. He's the big name so he's getting the press, but a whole other family also was wiped out, as were 3 other individuals. Just awful.

I don't understand why people still fly in single-engine planes. It seems like most times that there is a plane-related tragedy, it involves self-piloting and/or single-engine planes. Just awful.

My gf took a puddle jumper in costa rica with her gf. When they got up, the charming pilot took a swig of alcohol. They got concerned. 

Then, for fun, he flew down to tree top level and made the top of the trees scape the bottom of the cessna. They had to beg him to cut it out. 

God bless America 

On 1/7/2018 at 1:02 PM, HighPitch said:

My gf took a puddle jumper in costa rica with her gf. When they got up, the charming pilot took a swig of alcohol. They got concerned. 

Then, for fun, he flew down to tree top level and made the top of the trees scape the bottom of the cessna. They had to beg him to cut it out. 

God bless America 

RIP those who lost their lives in this tragedy. 

Archived