~ ~ ~ 2018 schedule ~ ~ ~

kelly

8 minutes ago, kelly said:
cimini_rich.png&w=160&h=160&scale=cropRich Cimini  ESPN Staff Writer 

The Jets' preseason schedule is out: Atlanta Falcons (Aug. 9-12), at Washington Redskins (Aug. 14), New York Giants (Aug. 24-27) and at Philadelphia Eagles (Aug. 30). This means the Jets' quarterback of the future (assuming they draft a quarterback) probably will make his debut in front of a home crowd against a fast and aggressive Atlanta defense.

>    http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

The Snoopy Bowl could feature two of the rookies facing off against each other.  I'm sure that won't get hyper-analyzed at all.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In many ways, for some of us, this is actually more important than the draft. It actually affects your life personally while the draft has no effect on what you do and when.

If you are the type that is dedicated to watching all the games or if you are a ST holder, you can't make vacation plans, don't know which Sundays you have free, which Thursday you don't or even if you need to reserve a Monday for a night game.

After Thursday, those so inclined can get concert or baseball tix, schedule outings or plan family events. Those who like to travel to road games can now plan and reserve these weekends (BTW: 2019 will be one of the best years ever for that). Those who can vacation in the 4th quarter of the year (way better than summer) can make their plans around the bye week.

One of my favorite nights of the year, can't wait. 

1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

In many ways, for some of us, this is actually more important than the draft. It actually affects your life personally while the draft has no effect on what you do and when.

If you are the type that is dedicated to watching all the games or if you are a ST holder, you can't make vacation plans, don't know which Sundays you have free, which Thursday you don't or even if you need to reserve a Monday for a night game.

After Thursday, those so inclined can get concert or baseball tix, schedule outings or plan family events. Those who like to travel to road games can now plan and reserve these weekends (BTW: 2019 will be one of the best years ever for that). Those who can vacation in the 4th quarter of the year (way better than summer) can make their plans around the bye week.

One of my favorite nights of the year, can't wait. 

This sums up my feelings as well.  Tomorrow night determines my life from September through January.  

1 hour ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

This sums up my feelings as well.  Tomorrow night determines my life from September through January.  

Yes it does. And screw up family plans or works out just fine. Hope no Thanksgiving or other holiday home games. 

A lot of winnable games this year . Pats and jags tough and that nfc north run Won’t be easy could easily go 1-4 with bears being our only real shot at a win this early..

Other than that I don’t see why we won’t be in the rest of games with a good chance of winning .

16 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

A lot of winnable games this year . Pats and jags tough and that nfc north run Won’t be easy could easily go 1-4 with bears being our only real shot at a win this early..

Other than that I don’t see why we won’t be in the rest of games with a good chance of winning .

3 W's..

:cry:

Brian Burke   ESPN Analytics 

Travel distances can have a slight effect on team fortunes. This season, Oakland, Seattle, and the Chargers each travel about 30,000 round trip miles. At the other end of the spectrum are Carolina, Atlanta, Cincinnati, and the Jets who each travel fewer than 10,000 miles.

>       http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

Archived