Do we really want Kirk Cousins?

Freemanm

Funny how many people I see dont care how much it costs until he is eating up so much cap space that we cant put enough players around him to turn his stats to wins...we have a lot of money this year but that's not gonna last and if we are talking about a long term fix then we NEED to be looking at tomorrow as well as today.. 

I only want him if the price is right.....other than that he can take his stats to Denver and I wont shed a tear. 

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Mayfield has yet to play a snap in the NFL yet and he will start most likely right away while Kirk had 2 -3 years to sit. I’m not making stupid bets when one of the players involved in the bet hasn’t played pro ball yet. But I do believe in his ability to play pro ball and not only just play pro ball but the ability to play it better than Cousins. That’s my stance. Not saying it’s a crazy proclamation. I just rather take a shot on a younger option. I wouldn’t even b mad if we took Cousins but in my mind I’m more hopeful for Rosen or Baker so we can have them longer.

Mayfield just lost the biggest game of his life and that was just college. You’re saying he might develop the will and knowledge required to win? That has never once happened. Losers are losers, he has proven he is one. 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Mayfield just lost the biggest game of his life and that was just college. You’re saying he might develop the will and knowledge required to win? That has never once happened. Losers are losers, he has proven he is one. 

They didn’t lose because of him and you damn well know it. I’m not going for your troll sh*t today. Dead it.

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

He sounds more like a coach thats not going to provide statements that will be used against the organization during Negotiation.  Thats something  Rex Ryan would do. 

Was actually thinking that perhaps this was an attempt to deflate his price

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

They didn’t lose because of him and you damn well know it. I’m not going for your troll sh*t today. Dead it.

That’s a thing now! Does not matter - the guy proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he lacks a certain essence winners have. 

Just now, SenorGato said:

That’s a thing now! Does not matter - the guy proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he lacks a certain essence that winners have. 

He tied the game up and then marched down the field to put them up by either a TD or a FG. What moment did he sputter in? Explain? Really do. Because you are clueless as hell if you are being serious 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Then they proceded to lose. Like Cousins all he could do was compile up stats while ultimately his team lost. That is not a winner.

They lost because the idiot coach ran the same option play that didn’t work the entire game. Then they STILL could only of went up with the FG had it not been blocked. Mayfield put them in that position.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Baker Mayfield is 53-12 as the Sooners Starter. Cut it the f*ck out. @SenorGato

Quick, what was his postseason record?!? 1-2 in Bowls, losing both his first and his last - the two biggest games of his life.

Like I said - guy has proven he does not know how to win on the big stage. 

Just now, SenorGato said:

Quick, what was his postseason record?!? 1-2 in Bowls, losing both his first and his last - the two biggest games of his life.

Like I said - guy has proven he does not know how to win on the big stage. 

And 3-1 against SEC teams with NFL defenses. You cherry picking doesn’t mean anything to me.

They lost because the idiot coach ran the same option play that didn’t work the entire game. Then they STILL could only of went up with the FG had it not been blocked. Mayfield put them in that position.

Excuses excuses, but at the end of the day Mayfield’s team lost. He lost the most important game of his life - title for the second best team. Guy proved he cannot win on a bigger stage, just as fellow compiler Cousins did in his NFL playoff appearance.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

And 3-1 against SEC teams with NFL defenses. You cherry picking doesn’t mean anything to me.

It is 100% false those college teams fielded current NFL employees in 2017. That’s like me telling you that Cousins beat all time rosters in Madden. 

6 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Excuses excuses, but at the end of the day Mayfield’s team lost. He lost the most important game of his life - title for the second best team. Guy proved he cannot win on a bigger stage, just as fellow compiler Cousins did in his NFL playoff appearance.

To be fair, Mayfield has solidified himself as more of a winner than any other QB in the draft.

6 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Yes. Bakler should have kicked that field goal. It was a give me. While he was at it he probably should have not called three back to  back runs either.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Yes. Bakler should have kicked that field goal. It was a give me. While he was at it he probably should have not called three back to  back runs either.

Baker should definitely have set the edge better on that Sony Michel touchdown run. Matter fact, he should of set the edge better the entire game. He plays terrible defense, doesn’t he?

Baker should definitely have set the edge better on that Sony Michel touchdown run. Matter fact, he should of set the edge better the entire game. He plays terrible defense, doesn’t he?

I think he sweated through his headband too. Not sure I want to draft a sweater like that. Lets stick with AARP members at QB. Experience and stuff.

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

NFL caliber players. Yes. The whole D? No

Oh OK, fellow compiler who can’t win big game Cousins does not see that? Advantage to compiler Baker? 

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Defenses respond to their QB’s will. Do you think the Redskins D wanted to be scored on when Cousins lucked into the playoffs? No, but like Mayfield the compiler’s smoke and mirrors game got figured out on a bigger stage. 

Coaches took the ball out of Mayfield’s hands with kicks and runs? Surely the signs of a winner and not a compiler like his football cousin Kirk Cousins. 

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think he sweated through his headband too. Not sure I want to draft a sweater like that. Lets stick with AARP members at QB. Experience and stuff.

**** that, I’m almost two weeks older than him. sh*t’s just getting started mugs 

12 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Oh OK, fellow compiler who can’t win big game Cousins does not see that? Advantage to compiler Baker? 

Defenses respond to their QB’s will. Do you think the Redskins D wanted to be scored on when Cousins lucked into the playoffs? No, but like Mayfield the compiler’s smoke and mirrors game got figured out on a bigger stage. 

Coaches took the ball out of Mayfield’s hands with kicks and runs? Surely the signs of a winner and not a compiler like his football cousin Kirk Cousins. 

trolling but sucking at.

34 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

So Baker can’t be held responsible for that loss, but Kirk Cousins is responsible for all of the losses in Washington? He doesn’t have to rely on a defense and specials? Baker Mayfield probably had more talent around him on offense than Cousins had in Washington, at least that was healthy. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

So Baker can’t be held responsible for that loss, but Kirk Cousins is responsible for all of the losses in Washington? He doesn’t have to rely on a defense and specials? Baker Mayfield probably had more talent around him on offense than Cousins had in Washington, at least that was healthy. 

Yeah but Mayfield probably faced some NFL caliber players 4 times. 

I'm at the point where I don't give a sh*t. Just do anything to show you care about the most important position in sports. 

Sign Cousins. Draft Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield. Trade up/stay put at 6. Just f*cking get a legitimate quarterback in here now. And that does not mean Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen, who I'd say is the odds on favorite to land in green and white, since he'd probably be the worst option. 

15 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

What was Tim Tebow's record against SEC defenses?  

And it's still college ball, brah.  Not an "NFL" defense.

Tim Tebow also was extremely inaccurate with a slow wind up. He wasn’t destined for Pro success. Mayfield has 70% completion percentage 3 years in a row. BRAH

Archived