adb280z

2018 Mets thread

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I will not get squirmy in my pants over this winning streak.  Nope.  Wont do it. 

I won't let them get my hopes up. Its nice to see them playing better, and I hope it continues, but thats it for me.

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Sounds like Bautista is coming to NY. Guess this means the end for Reyes?

Did this like happen over breakfast? 

How many 0-1 run games has this team blown for deGrom in his career? 

**** sake.  The Marlins?  At home?  This team sucks donkey dick. 

10 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Familia is such f’ing garbage. So is the lineup. How the hell does DeGrom not get the win. Sickening. I hate this team

Dude, I turned it off before the 9th.  I could feel it coming...

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Dude, I turned it off before the 9th.  I could feel it coming...

Smart man! I should have done the same. Familia has just no balls. His stuff is good enough to get the job done, he just hasn't had the makeup to be closer since Gordon took him deep on that stupid ******* quick pitch. Its time to move on from Familia and see if anyone else has the balls to do the job.

27 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

If so, that is extremely sad....

I dont think it's sad for you best player to be a young emerging player.  We just need more of them.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I dont think it's sad for you best player to be a young emerging player.  We just need more of them.

My point is, I don't think he is that good. He's a nice little player, but when he is your best player, it means you don't have any high level talent on your team. Which is the case, and sad to e. I like Nimmo, glad to have him, he is a piece you can build with.

5 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

My point is, I don't think he is that good. He's a nice little player, but when he is your best player, it means you don't have any high level talent on your team. Which is the case, and sad to e. I like Nimmo, glad to have him, he is a piece you can build with.

I hear you but I actually think he's pretty damn good.

Great read on him:

https://www.mlb.com/news/brandon-nimmo-reaches-base-in-8-straight-pas/c-278207290

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I hear you but I actually think he's pretty damn good.

Great read on him:

https://www.mlb.com/news/brandon-nimmo-reaches-base-in-8-straight-pas/c-278207290

Great read, thanks for sharing.

I will say he is better than I originally thought of him. Originally I thought of him as a nice 4th outfielder. Now I do agree that he is a legitimate starting OF'er. Which is great to have. I just don't see him as a legitimate star. Although I also admit that he is improving constantly and I guess I never saw Murphy as the star he became.

Very happy with him, would just like to have some higher ceiling talent. I always thought Conforto and Rosario had that high ceiling talent. It kind of seems now Nimmo is better than either. Hopefully those two can hit their potential and Nimmo is the real deal. 3 legit young guys, a few good starters like we have, and you can fill in the rest and our future is not as bleak as I think it is.

8 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Great read, thanks for sharing.

I will say he is better than I originally thought of him. Originally I thought of him as a nice 4th outfielder. Now I do agree that he is a legitimate starting OF'er. Which is great to have. I just don't see him as a legitimate star. Although I also admit that he is improving constantly and I guess I never saw Murphy as the star he became.

Very happy with him, would just like to have some higher ceiling talent. I always thought Conforto and Rosario had that high ceiling talent. It kind of seems now Nimmo is better than either. Hopefully those two can hit their potential and Nimmo is the real deal. 3 legit young guys, a few good starters like we have, and you can fill in the rest and our future is not as bleak as I think it is.

I think he's trending quickly in the direction of, you cant take him out of the line up type of player, which is great.  His OPS is high .991, that's pretty nasty.

The Conforto situation is just bizarre.  With a swing like he has, I really thought it was only a matter of time before he was a stud at the plate.  It's such a beautiful swing I would have never thought with this much experience he'd be slumping so bad.

Rosario, was always a glove first but I had no clue he swung at some much sh*t at the plate.  What will be interesting is our best prospect is young 19 year old shortstop, Andres Giminez. 

With Dom Smith not really going bonkers and they're teaching him outfield, Im wondering when my Florida boy Peter Alonso gets a look but I doubt it's this year. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think he's trending quickly in the direction of, you cant take him out of the line up type of player, which is great.  His OPS is high .991, that's pretty nasty.

The Conforto situation is just bizarre.  With a swing like he has, I really thought it was only a matter of time before he was a stud at the plate.  It's such a beautiful swing I would have never thought with this much experience he'd be slumping so bad.

Rosario, was always a glove first but I had no clue he swung at some much sh*t at the plate.  What will be interesting is our best prospect is young 19 year old shortstop, Andres Giminez. 

With Dom Smith not really going bonkers and they're teaching him outfield, Im wondering when my Florida boy Peter Alonso gets a look but I doubt it's this year. 

I agree that his OPS is awesome, and also agree you can't take him out of the lineup.

Conforto was finally starting to look like what we expected last year before his really bizarre injury. I mean, can that happen to anyone other than a Mets player? He didn't have a spring this year, so a slow start was expected, but now its looking like its more than just a slow start. Hopefully he can get back on track. He has always been very streaky.

I don't know much about Giminez, but hopefully he is the real deal. I am always very wary of Mets prospects, particularly offensive ones. They just never seem to pan out for some bizarre reason.