2018 Mets thread

adb280z

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't get the Ahmed Rosario hype. I know its early in the season, but watching him last year and this year, I just don't get it. 

I hope like hell I am wrong, but I don't see anything special about this guy at all. Admittedly, I don't follow the prospects like I used to, but wasn't this guy considered among the top 5 prospects in all of baseball?

I don't see how that is possible. There are a ton of youngsters who have come up and looked a million times more impressive than him.

2 hours ago, NoBowles said:

I just don't get the Ahmed Rosario hype. I know its early in the season, but watching him last year and this year, I just don't get it. 

I hope like hell I am wrong, but I don't see anything special about this guy at all. Admittedly, I don't follow the prospects like I used to, but wasn't this guy considered among the top 5 prospects in all of baseball?

I don't see how that is possible. There are a ton of youngsters who have come up and looked a million times more impressive than him.

The glove is there, you just have to hope the bat comes along.  Sucked not seeing him advance the runners last night but I dont think the bat was what made him a high prospect.

Meanwhile, **** the Braves.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

The glove is there, you just have to hope the bat comes along.  Sucked not seeing him advance the runners last night but I dont think the bat was what made him a high prospect.

Meanwhile, **** the Braves.

Yeah **** the braves for sure.

I always thought he was expected to be a very good bat in addition to glove, but admittedly I don't follow prospects that closely anymore. The guy has AWFUL pitch selection which is a huge problem at this level.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Bad break on deGrom bro. You guys have had way more than your share of crap luck and freakish injuries to SP's.

On a side note ... we have an oriental guy we might consider parting with ... 

He hyper extended hitting...it cant be that bad.  Maybe a week or two.

Meanwhile, **** the Braves and the fact they're so much better than the Mets already, a year early. 

And this teams hot start looks like nothing right now 2 of the last 5 and in those losses just terrible outings.  Fun while it lasted though.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

He hyper extended hitting...it cant be that bad.  Maybe a week or two.

Meanwhile, **** the Braves and the fact they're so much better than the Mets already, a year early. 

And this teams hot start looks like nothing right now 2 of the last 5 and in those losses just terrible outings.  Fun while it lasted though.

Reality is that we suck at drafting and player development, its that simple. The farm has produced very little since Sandy has been here. Most of the starters came from pre-Sandy, with the exception of a brilliant trade for Thor.

Our top prospects come up and look meh, while others come up and are instant superstars.

I don't know if we don't put the resources into scouting or what, but without young superstars in this league, its pretty much impossible to succeed.

Just now, NoBowles said:

I just saw this, really sad how this story ended for the Mets.

I agree.  Sad ending to a promising Mets career.  But at this point, it was time.  After he bitched about moving to the bullpen and then refused the demoiton -- probably best for both player and team to part ways.  Good luck to him elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

I agree.  Sad ending to a promising Mets career.  But at this point, it was time.  After he bitched about moving to the bullpen and then refused the demoiton -- probably best for both player and team to part ways.  Good luck to him elsewhere.

Agree, time to part ways. Nothing ever goes right for the franchise. Its like they have a black poison cloud over it. 

In 2011 the Mets changed their strategy from signing high priced FA's to a strategy built around rebuilding the farm system and building a consistent winner. This is the 8th season since then and the Mets have 3 legitimate players. Syndergaard, deGrom, and i’ll give them Conforto because I do believe he's the real deal even though he's been awful this year and has not yet put together a full major league season of great play. 8 seasons, and 3 legitimate quality players the organization can really be proud of. Guys you can call all star caliber.

Meanwhile the Yankees started to make a focused effort to improve the farm system around 2015 and low and behold their farm system is awesome and has already churned out top caliber prospects at multiple positions. The Mets prioritized starting pitching and shockingly to nobody the Mets starting pitching sucks. The Yankees prioritized offense and shockingly to nobody the Yankees offense is elite and probably the best in baseball.

8 seasons, 1 deep playoff run, 1 wildcard appearance, and a whole lot of losing. It's extremely frustrating to watch. I don't have a lot of hope for this season. The Mets look old and slow and the strength that the Mets sold us on (starting pitching) is no longer a strength. They have a great 1-2 punch with Noah and Jake. Arguably the best 1-2 combo in all of baseball (have to be fair) but they have very little else in that rotation. Maybe Matz will one day be a top lefty in all of baseball, but he's not there yet.

I heard on the radio today the Mets are among the names interested in Manny Machado? 

I say ******* do it.  This line up is straight sh*t.  It's so bad.  They need a stud in there they can rely on.  Rosario looks like sh*t at the plate and his glove isnt good enough to compensate for his hitting.  

Do it!  Maybe Manny can have a Ces like impact and get the team rolling because I hate to say it, but this losing streak isnt a fluke thing. This line up sucks. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I heard on the radio today the Mets are among the names interested in Manny Machado? 

I say ******* do it.  This line up is straight sh*t.  It's so bad.  They need a stud in there they can rely on.  Rosario looks like sh*t at the plate and his glove isnt good enough to compensate for his hitting.  

Do it!  Maybe Manny can have a Ces like impact and get the team rolling because I hate to say it, but this losing streak isnt a fluke thing. This line up sucks. 

do you have the prospects to get a deal done? Rosario unfortunately isn't a headliner at the moment due to his struggles at the plate. 

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

do you have the prospects to get a deal done? Rosario unfortunately isn't a headliner at the moment due to his struggles at the plate. 

I think they could dangle Matz or Wheeler and Rosario...maybe a prospect.  Not sure they have enough but I'd make every frickin attempt possible. 

Plawecki at least another week away. Oof. Gonna be a rough week.

Should be a telling one, though with the Reds and Phillies. In this era for the Mets they have had a lot of luck against Cinci. Who knows what the deal is with these awful pitching matchups the next few days, but if they can't take care of the Reds I think Sandy needs to seriously think about pulling the trigger for Realmuto.

At what point does Sandy take a big hit? I loved his early approach, but if we are being honest, outside of the Thor trade, what has the guy done?

Conforto? Rosario?

Our bullpen has been a total disaster since he got here.

This team is much closer to being a seller than a buyer right now.

The Wilsons are awful, awful owners, but man, Sandy for all his self promotion, has done a questionable job at best.

I mean **** sake, the Reds are basically a ******* minor league team.

Why?  Why dad?  The Yankees are 16 out of 17 and the most fun thing to watch in baseball.  And you give me the Mets, Jets, Knicks, Islanders.  

They need to go into Marlins mode. Trade anything with any value whatsoever, and rebuild. Suck for a few years, which they will do regardless, get some scouts who know what the fk they are doing, rebuild the development system, and hope to stacked again in 5 years. Nice job Sandy and the Wilpons.

Archived