Jump to content
adb280z

2018 Mets thread

Recommended Posts

That was brutal.  It was like I was watching space jam in the 8th inning.

And the Harper broken bat homerun. - how the ****? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JiF said:

That was brutal.  It was like I was watching space jam in the 8th inning.

And the Harper broken bat homerun. - how the ****? 

Saw the bat break and was just hoping it would not drop in in front of Nimmo.  Still don't know how that one went out.  As to the game itself, you are right, just brutal loss.  So many good performances wasted -- Lagares manufacturing a couple of runs, 4 hits for Cabrera, couple of big RBI hits from Frazier, the dominant outing by deGrom, all for naught.

I know its only April, but I feel like they need tonight's game.  Gotta show they can bounce back after a tough loss to their top Divisional rival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lith said:

Saw the bat break and was just hoping it would not drop in in front of Nimmo.  Still don't know how that one went out.  As to the game itself, you are right, just brutal loss.  So many good performances wasted -- Lagares manufacturing a couple of runs, 4 hits for Cabrera, couple of big RBI hits from Frazier, the dominant outing by deGrom, all for naught.

I know its only April, but I feel like they need tonight's game.  Gotta show they can bounce back after a tough loss to their top Divisional rival.

Yep.  That was brutal.  It's baseball and it happens but man, that was looking like a win walking away...

Agreed 100%.  Especially when you consider the luck the Mets are getting...no Murphy, No Rendon, not having to face Scherzer, etc.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I suppose the bullpen was due for a bad night but great odin's raven

 

15 hours ago, JiF said:

That was brutal.  It was like I was watching space jam in the 8th inning.

And the Harper broken bat homerun. - how the ****? 

 

This was all my fault guys.  I didn't get a chance to tune in until just when deGrom got into trouble.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

 

 

This was all my fault guys.  I didn't get a chance to tune in until just when deGrom got into trouble.  

Reality is the Mets went on such a preposterous run out of the gate that a stretch like this was 100% inevitable. You can't start 12-2 and not expect to come crashing down to reality. It really sucks that it came against the Nats, but the math just did not add up for the Mets taking this series.

End of the day, if the Mets can win tomorrow they will have opened up the season 4-2 against the Nats and that's pretty damn good.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Reality is the Mets went on such a preposterous run out of the gate that a stretch like this was 100% inevitable. You can't start 12-2 and not expect to come crashing down to reality. It really sucks that it came against the Nats, but the math just did not add up for the Mets taking this series.

End of the day, if the Mets can win tomorrow they will have opened up the season 4-2 against the Nats and that's pretty damn good.

Oh for sure.  Have to be happy about that.  It just would have been a lot of fun to step on their throats while they're still missing Murphy, is all.  But yeah, we're in a great spot right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh for sure.  Have to be happy about that.  It just would have been a lot of fun to step on their throats while they're still missing Murphy, is all.  But yeah, we're in a great spot right now.  

I'm more excited about Bautista than I am sad about the loss. He gained a hell of rep in AA and it looks like it was warranted. That kid is electric.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello earth, my dear old friend.  How have you been? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be very surprised if we don't get swept tonight. In the grand scheme of things, its not that big of a deal considering the start we got off too, but we need to not let this turn into something where we end like up 13-10 in a week. Or, this is the team we mostly thought it would be going into the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dose of reality for The Mets unfortunately never as good as when winning never as bad when losing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

9-run inning!  Mets opening up a big lead on the Nats.  Needed this.  

Yup.  that 8th inning was cathartic after what happened on Monday.  Big win tonight.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

9-run inning!  Mets opening up a big lead on the Nats.  Needed this.  

That was awesome!  Ces hitting the grand slam too.  He needed that.  

Really like how Matz pulled it together after a rough start too. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2018 at 11:51 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't want to get overzealous but I just booked refundable airline tickets to every single AL city for late October.

That's ideal, since they never lose on the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hasn't had his best stuff since the 2015 postseason.  Cannot keep running the guy out there.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think with almost anyone else this is an easy call; try him out as a reliever. The problem is there's no way Harvey would be happy about that and he would most surely be vocal about it too.

I would love to chock yesterday up to Atlanta being a really good young offense that he hadn't seen a lot of yet, but he pitched against the Braves 4 times last year. For the sake of the team right now I'd give him one more start and make sure Gsellman or Lugo gets extra rest leading up to that start. The Mets have lost 3 out of their last 4 and the last thing they need for the rest of this road trip is more Harvey nonsense hanging over the clubhouse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vargas is getting close to returning so harvey is on shaky ground - you have to earn your spot in rotation something I like about Callaway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 caught stealings last night.  I think that is more than we had in the entire season coming into the game.  Great effort by the bullpen - what a difference it makes when they can get ahead of hitters and throw strikes.  I also thought it was a great sign to see Yo go the other way on the base hit that drove in Gsellman - maybe it helps get him out of his funk.  Even with his struggles, he is top 5 in MLB in RBI.  14-5, best record in NL despite Bruce and Yo both flirting with the Mendoza line.

And does anyone get thrown out at the plate more than Flores -- seem like every close play at the plate he is out.  Not really his fault last night -- the kid is just slow.  Nice slide, but a good tag by the catcher.

Needed that win last night with Teheran going against us tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to say that I kinda feel bad for Matt Harvey because he ruined his arm in service of the team, trying to win a championship. We would have murdered him if he shut it down in 2015 the way Boras wanted him to, and now he’s going to be Paul Wilson as a result of that. Kinda tragic, really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I just want to say that I kinda feel bad for Matt Harvey because he ruined his arm in service of the team, trying to win a championship. We would have murdered him if he shut it down in 2015 the way Boras wanted him to, and now he’s going to be Paul Wilson as a result of that. Kinda tragic, really. 

I don’t buy that at all. His career was ruined by his partying and sh*tty attitude. F him and Boras.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So a ground ball to 2nd base winds up going to the wall for a triple ? I have no words ....btw familia sucks , he's a compiler , he'll get a bunch of saves cuz the save stat is a joke ...I like Calloway if he really wants to change the culture here he should announce tonight that Gsellman is the closer , enough already . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I just want to say that I kinda feel bad for Matt Harvey because he ruined his arm in service of the team, trying to win a championship. We would have murdered him if he shut it down in 2015 the way Boras wanted him to, and now he’s going to be Paul Wilson as a result of that. Kinda tragic, really. 

If would be pretty Cinderella if he turned into into a beastly reliever though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Grandy said:

We did another fabulous job blowing a beautiful DeGrom start.

It's amazing.  It's like the team hates him or something. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night is a perfect example of why I just can't get overly excited about this team, and IMO, it goes back to ownership and the GM. This team won't go the extra mile to solidify the bullpen, and bring in the extra bats. They are content to get 60-75% of the way there, but won't do what it takes to go all the way. They are still in a great spot with the great start, but this pen is going to be minced meat by July. Best we can hope for with this team is fighting for a wild card spot in late September.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...