FA Wish Lists

SenorGato

4 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Go ahead and post yours.

Total spending: I’ll say $75 million in 2018. 

I like Jarvis Landry over Sammy Watkins and don't think we need to spend on Jimmy Graham given that ASJ might be able to take another step with a guy like Cousins throwing to him. In fact, given Eifert's injury history, he might come cheap, and with a guy like ASJ already in the mix, I'd spend on Eifert's upside over Graham's past production right now.

Otherwise, I like it.

EDIT to add: If somehow Jimmy G and/or Leveon can be shaken free, go after them full tilt.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Sammy Watkins would be a great addition. He's a star caliber receiver who is lost in a loaded offense in LA. He would have been so much better with the Bills as well if there was more of a focus put on offense under Rex when he came into the league IMO.

With a quality QB he could explode. I'd love to pair him with Robby Anderson with Kearse in the slot.

And the truth shall set you free!

I think time line is something we need to consider too.

$94M in Cap

ASJ - 3 years $21M. TE is a QBs best friend, we finally have a good one who is greatful for us giving him a second chance. Cap hit $7M

Davis - 3 years $15M, he's arguably our MVP this year. Cap hit $5M

Claiborne - 2 years $16M, he's still has health issues but I think he's played reasonably well. Cap hit $8M

Quincy Enunwa - 1st Round Tender - 1 year $4M

EJ Gaines - 5 years $60M - young CB to round out our secondary. Cap hit $12M

Jensen - 5 years $50M, make him the highest paid center, no reason not to protect our new rookie QB or Cousins - Cap hit $10M

Cousins - 6 years $168M w/ $75M guaranteed in the first 2 years. Makes his cap hit $23M by 2020 when we need to resign guys. Cap hit $40M

This would leave us with $8M to sign our draft picks. I contemplated Ealy coming back, I think that will depend on asking price because we have a few cheap guys on the roster. I think we'd like more of an Edge Rusher. We'd head into the draft being able to gun for BPA. I do think Chubb goes before we pick however so we land the best lineman in the draft, Nelson, to replace Carpenter after this season. Then with our next 3 picks I'd like to see us target a RB and double dip at Edge Rusher and then go BPA the rest of the way out.

If we miss on Cousins then I'd look to bring back Richardson at $12M per year and I'd want us to bring in a young QB that could have upside on a Glennon type deal for $15M.

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think time line is something we need to consider too.

$94M in Cap

ASJ - 3 years $21M. TE is a QBs best friend, we finally have a good one who is greatful for us giving him a second chance. Cap hit $7M

Davis - 3 years $15M, he's arguably our MVP this year. Cap hit $5M

Claiborne - 2 years $16M, he's still has health issues but I think he's played reasonably well. Cap hit $8M

Quincy Enunwa - 1st Round Tender - 1 year $4M

EJ Gaines - 5 years $60M - young CB to round out our secondary. Cap hit $12M

Jensen - 5 years $50M, make him the highest paid center, no reason not to protect our new rookie QB or Cousins - Cap hit $10M

Cousins - 6 years $168M w/ $75M guaranteed in the first 2 years. Makes his cap hit $23M by 2020 when we need to resign guys. Cap hit $40M

This would leave us with $8M to sign our draft picks. I contemplated Ealy coming back, I think that will depend on asking price because we have a few cheap guys on the roster. I think we'd like more of an Edge Rusher. We'd head into the draft being able to gun for BPA. I do think Chubb goes before we pick however so we land the best lineman in the draft, Nelson, to replace Carpenter after this season. Then with our next 3 picks I'd like to see us target a RB and double dip at Edge Rusher and then go BPA the rest of the way out.

If we miss on Cousins then I'd look to bring back Richardson at $12M per year and I'd want us to bring in a young QB that could have upside on a Glennon type deal for $15M.

Ealy is a must sign with Mo Wilk cut, unless we bring back Sheldon Richardson. 

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Ziggy Ansah Edge Rusher DE

Trumaine Johnson CB

Lev Bell RB (dude is just special, and different then any back I’ve ever seen)

IF the 49ers are stupid enough to just slap the non exclusive version of the franchise tag  on Jimmy G (unless the 49ers guarantee him 50+ million in the first 3 years I don’t see Jimmy G signing a contract for less as that’s the minimum guarantee for being franchised twice, and betting on yourself like Cousins has, and win that bet) the Jets need to submit an offer sheet he can’t refuse, AND put in a poison pill like we did with Curtis Martin, and make it impossible for the 49ers to match, I also this would be GREAT for the NFL as whole not just the Jets, the story line the rest of Brady’s career, and the games themselves VS the 2 games a year the Jets, and Pats becomes must see weekly press conferences, and must see games, and I’d guarantee every season one of them would be in prime time, it’s the first time something that could be beneficial QB wise to the Jets actually is also beneficial to the NFL as a whole, of course all of this is moot if the 49ers slap the much more expensive exclusive franchise tag as that prevents him from signing with any other team either sign the franchise tag, agree to a long term contract, or don’t play this is what the Redskins did with Cousins last season.  Then I’d invest in someone like Allen Robinson at WR, and probably scrap the Lev Bell idea because they wouldn’t be able to afford all of this without a future cap hell season.

sh*t scratch the poison pill idea, I figured the Jets could structure some kind of crazy deal where all his guaranteed money was applied to the 2018 salary cap making it impossible for most teams to be able to match, but I just found out the 49ers are projected to have more cap space then the Jets this offseason so there is basically no way to structure an unmatchable contract, but you could still try to place a crazy offer sheet that would have to make the 49ers seriously think about taking the 2 1st rounders one of them being 6th overall this season, and if Cousins is allowed to test the market the 49ers could fall back on him as their back up plan plus 2 1st round picks on top of Kirk Cousins.

I’d really love to see Jimmy G beat Brady in a Jets uniform it would be so awesome to see Jimmy G take the torch from Brady forcefully as the AFC East QB who runs the yard a Jets QB finally being the guy who runs the AFC East is so overdue we have had to live through the Marino, Kelly, and Brady domination over the past 33 years 1 for each team in the AFC East not named the Jets, it’s our time to get THE MAN at QB!

FYI Kirk Cousins is not that guy yes he is a good QB, but he is not the guy that has the capability to be THE MAN of the AFC East, or any other division in the NFL for that matter, and is not going to be worth the money should he be free to test the market.

I know Jimmy G with the new revelation of 49ers Salary Cap space is now a pipe a dream unfortunately, but a guy could dream.

Haha that is quite the wish list but I don't think we have the cap to pay Johnson $15M, Bell $13-15M, Ziggy $20M, and either Cousins or Jimmy G $28M and then not help out our offensive line. We'd also be losing our TE, MLB, and both CBs. I love Bell but he's so much money for a position we can target for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. I would sign up for Ziggy but I think he gets the franchise tag if they can't work out a deal.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ealy is a must sign with Mo Wilk cut, unless we bring back Sheldon Richardson. 

Yea I've had Ealy coming back in a lot of my mock offseasons. Do we get to roll our unused cap from this year into next? Or is the $80M on overthecap including that already?

Watkins has never lived up to his hype.  He is the #3 on the Rams behind Woods and Cooper freakin Cupp..  no thanks.

There is 0 need for Graham since we'll resign ASJ, have Leggett coming back, and possibly resign Sterling who looked pretty good in his limited time.

Cantizarro or Baby Thor as Bart Scott calls him, is getting extended

32 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Norwell is the best OL (Guard) on the market.  Good at both Run-blocking and Pass-protection, he would be an anchor in the OL and a substantial talent upgrade.  I'm not sure how much Solder has left in the tank and I'd hate to overpay for him so I wouldn't chase too hard.

I'd overpay him bc they have the money he's as good as anyone else available and I'm starting my #6 pick at QB next year. So Solder would be my guy for 2-3 years. Until I'd find a replacement. Basically I'm putting all my money into trying to develop the best OL in football as my #6 pick develops. I'm fine with ASJ, Leggett, Enunwa, Kearse, Anderson, Hansen, Stewart and maybe I'm taking a 3rd-4th round pick to share carries with Powell next year. Basically I'm resigning starters from last year and using everything else cap wise on upgrading OL to protect my rookie QB. I'm also using early and mid round picks on OL. I'm giving Bowles all his starters back on defense and telling him time to make it work. Maybe I try and help him with a mid level CB FA that has some upside, like DJ Hayden, maybe but that's it.

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I’m stunned that people are seriously discussing bringing back Sefarian-Jenkins. He was atrocious last season.

Really? They were even mentioning him for pro bowl mid year...I think? He got screwed on some big catches and then some injuries. I thought he looked competent.  Still finding his way with good upside and then add Leggett in as another receiving threat. Like finally thought of TE position as a solid, not great but solid view. 

Sign: 

CB - Trumaine Johnson

DL - Demarcus Lawrence (I guy can dream)

WR - Jarvis Landry

DL- Dontari Poe

Re-Sign:

LB - Demario Davis

TE - Austin Seferian-Jenkins

CB - Mo Claiborne

DL - Kony Ealy (if cheap)

Cut:

DL - Mo Wilkerson

CB - Buster Skrine

RB - Matt Forte

Draft:

QB - Baker Mayfield

OL - Frank Ragnow

OT - Brian O'Niell

OLB - Dorance Armstrong Jr.

RB - Sony Michel or Ronald Jones II

I don't really like the OL FA class but we can sign a veteran center and slide Ragnow to guard.

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I’m stunned that people are seriously discussing bringing back Sefarian-Jenkins. He was atrocious last season.

Maybe it's because we've lacked production from a TE since Keller and even then that was relatively minimal but I have no problem paying ASJ to be the 14th highest paid TE. ($7M per year) I think he showed enough promise for growth that he'd be worth it. I think it would seriously help out a young QB to have him or he'd be a huge target for Cousins who loves using his TEs, unfortunately all his TEs are consistently hurt.

13 minutes ago, gEYno said:

How do you suppose we replace his 357 yards, buster?

So I just deep dived into the dark web and dude did go through an 8 game stretch of 40 catches and 3 TDs on this utter sh*t team, which would be 80 and 6 for a young TE trying to make it back from obscurity. If trying to be optimistic for once. 

hard to hate on him for me. 

21 minutes ago, HessStation said:

So I just deep dived into the dark web and dude did go through an 8 game stretch of 40 catches and 3 TDs on this utter sh*t team, which would be 80 and 6 for a young TE trying to make it back from obscurity. If trying to be optimistic for once. 

hard to hate on him for me. 

They're trying to recruit you to the dark side.  Don't fall for it.

ASJ had a fine season.  It took him a couple games to get back into it after the suspension and he was under utilized partly due to the fact that the O-line was a sieve.  

Kirk Cousins helped make Jordan Reed a star and he will do the same for ASJ.

32 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Maybe it's because we've lacked production from a TE since Keller and even then that was relatively minimal but I have no problem paying ASJ to be the 14th highest paid TE. ($7M per year) I think he showed enough promise for growth that he'd be worth it. I think it would seriously help out a young QB to have him or he'd be a huge target for Cousins who loves using his TEs, unfortunately all his TEs are consistently hurt.

No way in the world I pay ASJ, 7 million bucks, no effing way! Especially if we get a healthy ready to go Enunwa back, just slip him into the Reed role, Reed is 6-3"/235, Quincy 6-2"/225 & I think pound for pound? Quincy is stronger than Reed.

Just now, Grandy said:

I agree with all but Cousins. The reports are showing Denver and Washington as clear favorites for Cousins, and personally I'd rather take a chance in the draft to find a guy to give 15+ years of Production.

We should be rooting for Denver because it takes away one of the top suitors

Just now, Jetster said:

No way in the world I pay ASJ, 7 million bucks, no effing way! Especially if we get a healthy ready to go Enunwa back, just slip him into the Reed role, Reed is 6-3"/235, Quincy 6-2"/225 & I think pound for pound? Quincy is stronger than Reed.

Why would you be outraged with $7M for a high upside TE? I like Enunwa a lot but there is no reason why for $11M total we can't run 2 TE sets or something comparable. I don't think 14th highest paid TE is insane, if he can be had for less then by all means but it's not like I said I want Graham for $12M or an injury prone Eifert for $8-10M.

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Why would you be outraged with $7M for a high upside TE? I like Enunwa a lot but there is no reason why for $11M total we can't run 2 TE sets or something comparable. I don't think 14th highest paid TE is insane, if he can be had for less then by all means but it's not like I said I want Graham for $12M or an injury prone Eifert for $8-10M.

Just not impressed with him. Looks like a plod horse to me. Bobbled or dropped 3 TDs total & his blocking was sh*t. If your big TE can't block whats the point? Let him go, keep Tomlinson (better blocker) & Sterling (better receiver), and use Enunwa as the Hback in 2 TE sets, or in the slot as a TE. 4/5 mill, ok, 7 million with his past? out of the question. That's money better spent on depth.

There are a lot of teams who will pass on Rosen due to his personality. I don't know which ones, Giants seem like the type, maybe for good reason, or not, but anyway, Rosen could also refuse to play in Cleveland. If Denver signs Cousins there's that outside viewpoint of maybe. *shrugs

then you hope Rosen isn't half as big an a$$hole and wala 

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Really? They were even mentioning him for pro bowl mid year...I think? He got screwed on some big catches and then some injuries. I thought he looked competent.  Still finding his way with good upside and then add Leggett in as another receiving threat. Like finally thought of TE position as a solid, not great but solid view. 

Dead last in both DVOA and DYAR, 44th in whatever PFF’s numbers are called.

7 minutes ago, HessStation said:

There are a lot of teams who will pass on Rosen due to his personality. I don't know which ones, Giants seem like the type, maybe for good reason, or not, but anyway, Rosen could also refuse to play in Cleveland. If Denver signs Cousins there's that outside viewpoint of maybe. *shrugs

then you hope Rosen isn't half as big an a$$hole and wala 

I would jump for joy if that scenario played out and we landed Rosen.  Honestly, I don't think he's as big a douchenozzle as, say, Manziel was.  He's opinionated and a little too ready to share those thoughts, but if he is talented, plays hard, stays out of nightclubs at 3am on Saturday nights, and doesn't piss off his teammates too much, I don't care about the rest.  Maybe also try to keep the dick pics to female staffers to a minimum.

The guy can flat out throw the rock, probably better than any of the rest.

6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Just not impressed with him. Looks like a plod horse to me. Bobbled or dropped 3 TDs total & his blocking was sh*t. If your big TE can't block whats the point? Let him go, keep Tomlinson (better blocker) & Sterling (better receiver), and use Enunwa as the Hback in 2 TE sets, or in the slot as a TE. 4/5 mill, ok, 7 million with his past? out of the question. That's money better spent on depth.

Agree with this about ASJ.  He's simply not a good receiver or blocker.  Had some productive stretches but disappeared for games at a time.  As a receiver, ranked as the worst TE by DYAR https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/te  A lot of his receptions were 3 yard gains on 3rd and 10.  Just 7 yards per reception, less than 5 yards per target.  

I am in favor of upgrading the position by signing Graham.  TEs come pretty cheap, top of market is $10 mil and Graham will be less than that, maybe 7.5-9.  

21 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I would jump for joy if that scenario played out and we landed Rosen.  Honestly, I don't think he's as big a douchenozzle as, say, Manziel was.  He's opinionated and a little too ready to share those thoughts, but if he is talented, plays hard, stays out of nightclubs at 3am on Saturday nights, and doesn't piss off his teammates too much, I don't care about the rest.  Maybe also try to keep the dick pics to female staffers to a minimum.

The guy can flat out throw the rock, probably better than any of the rest.

Without a doubt

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I disagree, I don't think his blocking was a detriment at all. I think there is something to be said with disguising your offense, think how easy it was to tell that we were running the ball when Ivory was in vs when Powell was in. I think it tips your hand for the defense. I don't think Sterling or Tomlinson have the upside of ASJ, both Cousins or a rookie would lean heavily on him I think it would be a mistake to let him go for what really isn't all that much money for his position.

39 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I disagree, I don't think his blocking was a detriment at all. I think there is something to be said with disguising your offense, think how easy it was to tell that we were running the ball when Ivory was in vs when Powell was in. I think it tips your hand for the defense. I don't think Sterling or Tomlinson have the upside of ASJ, both Cousins or a rookie would lean heavily on him I think it would be a mistake to let him go for what really isn't all that much money for his position.

Like I said, I just think 7 million for ASJ is too much. We need $ to fix CB position & Edge rusher. Tomlinson/Sterling/Enunwa are all right by me + CB + Edge rusher. 

21 hours ago, HessStation said:

Ok then. I'll consider myself wrong on that one then. 

I was surprised, too. I didn't think he had a particularly good year, but I certainly didn't think he was worst-in-the-league bad. But between the numbers and the personal issues, there's no way I'd even consider bringing him back.

Archived