FA Wish Lists

SenorGato

3 hours ago, SenorGato said:

The Eagle’s TE, Trey Burton, caught 5 TDs in just 23 receptions this year. FO has him as a top 10 TE this year. He will be 27 next year. OTOH This draft seems to have some interesting TE prospects and then there’s Enunwa. 

TE is the least of our problems. OL, QB, OLB, secondary are the pressing needs. It’s not going to be fixed overnight. In fact, I don’t see it getting really better until Mac and Cheese are fired and we get someone in here who knows what they’re doing. 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I feel like Enunwa should have stayed at TE/hybrid. He is SUCH a mismatch for MLB and S’s because of his power and speed..but what really makes him good for the position is that he can block very well whenever we call on him for it. He should be our starting TE. Sign a WR in FA..say Landry or Allen Robinson. Trout out 

New #1 WR/Anderson/Kearse/Hansen/Stewart

and Enunwa/ASJ at TE.

The ASJ obsession on here really needs to go. He is terrible at NFL football and should not be anywhere near this roster, with a brand new contract containing a big ass raise he doesn’t even kinda sorta deserve no less, in 2018.

8 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Can you even compare Brady’s production, history and ability at his respected position to Jimmy Graham? ...No. terrible comparison.

Haha! No I wasn’t comparing the two. There is a ton of data to prove how stupid it is to just want players under a certain age. Especially today. I didn’t think you would really needed to see it, if you watch NFL today ( not the show ) ha

2 hours ago, SenorGato said:

The ASJ obsession on here really needs to go. He is terrible at NFL football and should not be anywhere near this roster, with a brand new contract containing a big ass raise he doesn’t even kinda sorta deserve no less, in 2018.

That’s really what you picked out of my whole comment to reply to? News flash we need depth. I have an obsession now because I feel like he can be a viable rotation player? Lol OK senor.

24 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Haha! No I wasn’t comparing the two. There is a ton of data to prove how stupid it is to just want players under a certain age. Especially today. I didn’t think you would really needed to see it, if you watch NFL today ( not the show ) ha

Understood. I just feel like it’s more of a flashy signing that doesn’t necessarily need to be made in order to match production. 10 TD’s is great.. I just don’t think it translates to our system as I am looking at his stats in detail right now. Would be a useful red zone target though.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

That’s really what you picked out of my whole comment to reply to? News flash we need depth. I have an obsession now because I feel like he can be a viable rotation player? Lol OK senor.

He’s terrible and depth =/= paying bad players.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Understood. I just feel like it’s more of a flashy signing that doesn’t necessarily need to be made in order to match production. 10 TD’s is great.. I just don’t think it translates to our system as I am looking at his stats in detail right now. Would be a useful red zone target though.

The tds mean little to me. If he he had less due to not being targeted, or double teamed, ect. It wouldn’t make him less of a talent. As in last yr, he only had 6tds but 920 yards. That is almost twice as many as he had this yr. I think we are ok at TE. We need a #1 WR, Robbie and Kearse are #2s. We need a lot of line work, at least 2 rbs.

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

The tds mean little to me. If he he had less due to not being targeted, or double teamed, ect. It wouldn’t make him less of a talent. As in last yr, he only had 6tds but 920 yards. That is almost twice as many as he had this yr. I think we are ok at TE. We need a #1 WR, Robbie and Kearse are #2s. We need a lot of line work, at least 2 rbs.

I agree. I feel like we can definitely get all of that done with tons of breathing room as as well. Could very much be a changed Offense next year.

8 hours ago, JetHammer said:

Surely FA has got to bring some core peices. Replace Wilkerson with someone gives a sh*te, depth at CB some O-line help. Those must be priority if drafting QB in 1st is goal which it must be.

FWIW and slightly off topic I really like Bradley Chubb and gutted that we will miss out because QB is such a need.

Let me tell you something. It wouldn't be far fetched if the Jets signed Cousins that they might trade that 2nd second round to move up a pick or 2 & target Bradley Chubb. 

Cleveland has Garrett, and I bet they would love to trade back to #6 from #4 and then they would have so many picks they literally could trade UP the rest of the draft to TARGET their board set up. Maybe the Broncos would trade back from #5 to #6.

If you sign Cousins and then got Bradley Chubb it would be the 1st time in f*cking years that the Jets went into a season with a good starting QB & a stud Pass Rusher!

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s a guy I would use Powell’s $4.8 or Ijalna’s $4.whatever million on - Chris Hubbard of the Steelers:

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/12756110-74/steelers-lineman-chris-hubbards-amazing-versatility-on-display

When Alejandro Villanueva exited because of a stomach illness, Hubbard moved into the starting lineup for 21 snaps at left tackle. When Marcus Gilbert left in the fourth quarter because of a hamstring injury, Hubbard moved over to right tackle for the final 15 snaps. 

Oh, and Hubbard also played 10 snaps while taking his regular turn on the special teams coverage units. 

To recap, that's four positions — if you count special teams — played by Hubbard in one game, and that's not counting the practice reps he has taken at center and both guard positions since the start of training camp. 

That makes Hubbard the football equivalent of a super-utility player for the Steelers, who marvel at and are appreciative of his versatility. 

“He's the most complete offensive lineman in the NFL,” Villanueva said. 

“Hubbs,” center Maurkice Pouncey said, “is amazing.”

He took 70% of the snaps per ProFBRef for the Steelers’s third ranked offense (per FO).

Current FA wish list:

Cousins 

Bell

Jensen

Hubbaard

Burton

Gaines

Other than Cousins (if that's the route the Jets want to take) and a couple of O-Lineman (which will be essential to a QB's success) I do not think this is the year we should be breaking the bank via free agency and spending the entire load of cash available. If the Jets spend 40-50 of the available FA cap money that will leave us in the 40-50 range to spend next year when we see what this team is really going to need to fill holes. Yes I fully expect the Jets to cut both Wilk and Forte to bring us in the 100 mil range.

We need to have a good solid draft and get this team close to contention then spend the balance of the Cap money next year to fill holes on a team we know can compete. At this stage we do not know what this team is going to do next year so why break the bank in free agency when we really don't know what to expect from a very young roster.

Draft a dynamic RB by either trading out of the 6th pick or just using it on the best RB available. Having a great RB opens up the entire offense and makes things much easier for the QB. Think its just about the QB ? Think again and look at what above average RB's have done for Dak Prescott, Drew Brees, Jared Goff , Carson Wentz, Alex Smith the list goes on .... Look how other QB's have faired with no running game or threat out of the backfield other than Tom Brady of course, but also keep in mind the Pats almost always seem to have a RB step up in the playoffs and SB they are great at plug and play with almost any skill position player.

So The priorities are QB, O-Line, RB and leave the rest for next year when we have more of an Idea where this team is heading 

30 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Other than Cousins (if that's the route the Jets want to take) and a couple of O-Lineman (which will be essential to a QB's success) I do not think this is the year we should be breaking the bank via free agency and spending the entire load of cash available. If the Jets spend 40-50 of the available FA cap money that will leave us in the 40-50 range to spend next year when we see what this team is really going to need to fill holes. Yes I fully expect the Jets to cut both Wilk and Forte to bring us in the 100 mil range.

We need to have a good solid draft and get this team close to contention then spend the balance of the Cap money next year to fill holes on a team we know can compete. At this stage we do not know what this team is going to do next year so why break the bank in free agency when we really don't know what to expect from a very young roster.

Draft a dynamic RB by either trading out of the 6th pick or just using it on the best RB available. Having a great RB opens up the entire offense and makes things much easier for the QB. Think its just about the QB ? Think again and look at what above average RB's have done for Dak Prescott, Drew Brees, Jared Goff , Carson Wentz, Alex Smith the list goes on .... Look how other QB's have faired with no running game or threat out of the backfield other than Tom Brady of course, but also keep in mind the Pats almost always seem to have a RB step up in the playoffs and SB they are great at plug and play with almost any skill position player.

So The priorities are QB, O-Line, RB and leave the rest for next year when we have more of an Idea where this team is heading 

While I wholly agree with the positions (QB, RB, OL), the problem with holding back this year is that next year has a weaker FA class. Outside of Robert Quinn there’s no one really interesting to properly splurge on, and probably Quinn will not hit FA. 

Not to mention going cheap in year one of a new QB wastes either year one of Cousins or year one of some lucky duck rookie QB on that sweet sweet rookie deal. They’re either all in on this poop now or sabotaging themselves as usual with indecisiveness. 

While I wholly agree with the positions (QB, RB, OL), the problem with holding back this year is that next year has a weaker FA class. Outside of Robert Quinn there’s no one really interesting to properly splurge on, and probably Quinn will not hit FA. 

I’d spend FA money on a shut down corner and the cowboys edge rusher. We need people that can disrupt games. I agree on RB. Look at the teams that did well this year. Jags, Rams, Vikings- all had a really good run game. There are 6 good ones in this years draft.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

28 minutes ago, jetsfansince7 said:

I’d spend FA money on a shut down corner and the cowboys edge rusher. We need people that can disrupt games. I agree on RB. Look at the teams that did well this year. Jags, Rams, Vikings- all had a really good run game. There are 6 good ones in this years draft.

Aiming the FA money at building a great defense is a waste of time and money for this franchise. Build an offense, aim all resources that way and squeeze CB or pass rusher in if they have time or a premium talent pops up.

Aiming the FA money at building a great defense is a waste of time and money for this franchise. Build an offense, aim all resources that way and squeeze CB or pass rusher in if they have time or a premium talent pops up.

I hear that. But other than QB there are not alot of great FA options for the offense. I’m all for going all “O” in the draft.

2 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Not to mention going cheap in year one of a new QB wastes either year one of Cousins or year one of some lucky duck rookie QB on that sweet sweet rookie deal. They’re either all in on this poop now or sabotaging themselves as usual with indecisiveness. 

well in the case of spending it all add Lawrence and Robinson then go all out for a supa bowl :)

Cousins - Makes us instant contenders

Jensen - Solidifies the OL

Lawrence - Pass rusher in an aggressive defense

Johnson - Nice option to go along with Claiborne could be dominant in secondary with our 2 young safeties

Robinson or Landry - Turn's our receiving corp elite over night if Quincy comes back at 100%

And use our draft to build the OL further and get a dynamic RB early

Not that I'm in favor of spending it all I just put up a list if spending it all was a priority. I'm also in favor of spending a mid round pick on a QB

I’m thinking draft for the O- RB, late round returner, guards and a center. Forgot to add that.

On 1/16/2018 at 10:18 AM, Smashmouth said:

well in the case of spending it all add Lawrence and Robinson then go all out for a supa bowl :)

Cousins - Makes us instant contenders

gJensen - Solidifies the OL

Lawrence - Pass rusher in an aggressive defense

Johnson - Nice option to go along with Claiborne could be dominant in secondary with our 2 young safeties

Robinson or Landry - Turn's our receiving corp elite over night if Quincy comes back at 100%

And use our draft to build the OL further and get a dynamic RB early

Not that I'm in favor of spending it all I just put up a list if spending it all was a priority. I'm also in favor of spending a mid round pick on a QB

I tend to agree with this line of thinking.

We shouldn't spend the money just to spend the money - don't overpay for average guys - just to spend it(i.e. Buster Skrine) - it's okay to carry some of the money over...

But...I have no problem with getting very aggressive and outbid/overpay for impact type players.  

If we end up spending $100mm and land 3 or 4 studs while filling out the roster with, well...filler - I would have no problem with that - in fact that would be my preference.

Archived