FULLBACK: Jaylen Samuels

redlichtie

Took a cursory look at this forum and didn’t see his name mentioned anywhere so thought I’d ask around for opinions.

Considering we are using a converted DL at FB(and he’s done an OK job to be fair)anyone else intrigued by the possibilities Jaylen Samuels brings? Every time I watched Ryan Finley I came away marvelling at No 1. Assuming Morton stays, fullback will remain a key part of the offense and Samuels at the very least offers a tremendous versatility and elite level receiving skills. Not at all shabby on the deck either

If you’re not familiar take a look, if you are familiar, what are your thoughts?

18 minutes ago, KRL said:

After watching Samuels he reminds me of Enunwa more than a traditional FB.  So

I would have no issue drafting him and moving him around the formation to create

mismatches

NC State use him very creatively getting him the ball in all manner of situations, not seen how good of a blocker he is though but he’s a fantastic talent

49 minutes ago, KRL said:

After watching Samuels he reminds me of Enunwa more than a traditional FB.  So

I would have no issue drafting him and moving him around the formation to create

mismatches

I agree but I have no faith that with Bowles saying he is getting more involved on offense that he will be able to take advantage of any mismatch

Archived