The Jets are NOT drafting a QB in the 1st round so lets forget that fantasy.

Kleckineau

Historical tendencies tell us Macc will def go defense in the first round, probably a CB so that creates 2 burning (not during urination) questions.

Who will be the QB picked by Macc in round 2 or 3 ?

Will Bowels (sic yes) name McCown the starter while he is still an unsigned UFA?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

If all early signs point to the Jets being in the same sh*t-show at QB, I will stop being a Jet fan. There must be at least an attempt to address the position in a way I can feel optimistic about.

So...not Tim Tebow, right?

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

If all early signs point to the Jets being in the same sh*t-show at QB, I will stop being a Jet fan. There must be at least an attempt to address the position in a way I can feel optimistic about.

So its safe to say you wont be buying a #15 Josh McCown jersey. 

17 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Historical tendencies tell us Macc will def go defense in the first round, probably a CB so that creates 2 burning (not during urination) questions.

Will Bowels (sic yes) name McCown the starter while he is still an unsigned UFA?

lotto numbers?

stock tips?

10 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Find a way to get one of Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield. Its the only acceptable outcome. 

As much as I hate to say it, I agree! 

If all QBs do enter the draft, Dnarold & Rosen are the first 2 gone. If some really loves Allen they'll trade up to 3, I don't see the Jets doing that. 

So we'll be left w/ Mayfield or Jackson. I don't think Mac goes for either of those guys. So we're left w/ some other top prospect & either signing Kirk Cousins or Keenum or we have a rinse repeat of this year w/ McCown back at QB & Hack backing him up w/ whatever rookie project QB they draft. 

People need to get over the constant doom and gloom.

Both Macc and Bowles are essentially on 1 year “prove it” contracts.

They know they have to get a QB. Hell, it’s likely that Johnson & Johnson made that clear before they signed them to an extension.

The Jets are either signing Cousins or re-signing McCown and taking a QB in Round 1. 

Period.

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

They know they have to get a QB. Hell, it’s likely that Johnson & Johnson made that clear before they signed them to an extension.

The Jets are either signing Cousins or re-signing McCown and taking a QB in Round 1. 

Period.

I don't think you can sign Cousins and take a QB in the 1st round.

I get the sense it's either Cousins with Hack or McCown with Allen/Mayfield-

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't think you can sign Cousins and take a QB in the 1st round.

I get the sense it's either Cousins with Hack or McCown with Allen/Mayfield-

You can’t 

They’ll either throw the bank at Cousins or they’ll bring back McCown on another 1 year deal and take a QB in the Top 6.

OK the q was what QB does Macc take in the 2nd or third.

I say Drew Lock because Falk will already be gone.

And yes I think before the draft Bowels will be telling the media how McCown is his starter for 2018 

Will he still be unsigned when he says this?.............prob

51 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I expect news of a McCown resigning to occur any time.

And I agree, we will not draft a QB in Round 1.

At best, maybe, our 2nd pick in Round 2.  If that.

5 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

OK the q was what QB does Macc take in the 2nd or third.

I say Drew Lock because Falk will already be gone.

And yes I think before the draft Bowels will be telling the media how McCown is his starter for 2018 

Will he still be unsigned when he says this?.............prob

Honestly, there's no way this happens.  The only way McCown is the starter is if we draft a QB in round 1 and that'll be just for 2 or 3 weeks. 

I am one of the few that have faith in Mac/Bowles and don't think they're buffoons - they get this.

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

No historical tendencies say that Macc will go with the BPA regardless of offense or defense

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

YOu were fine up to that point. He has drafted OL before

2 out of 21 picks as the Gm of the jets both 5th rounders.

He was also part of the David Carr Regime in Houston that drafted their franchise guy then watched as he got his ass beat to a pulp for for about 3 years.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You said Totally. That means all. I'm sorry

Ha! So you use this response in this thread and in the Buffalo making the playoffs thread you go 100% in the opposite direction.

This is whey people can not take 95% of your post seriously, just like njjunc in one ahead you use one set of posting dynamics and tin the next one you go 100% in the opposite direction to fit you latest totally illogical point.

Just now, ChuckkieB said:

Unless the Jets sign Cousins, I cannot see how they pass on a QB in round 1.  In fact, I think they might even trade up to pick # 3 or 4 to make sure they grab their QB of choice before Denver does. 

I would certainly hope so at this point but I would be lying if I don't have some doubt. Best thing that can happen is Denver signs Cousins if we don't. Then we just got to make sure we move up to their spot if need be to get our guy.

Lets say the Jets drafted a highly rated pass rusher. Would people really be mad? As much as I would love to see my team draft an offensive skill player in the 1st (because we never do) would it really be bad if the Jets got a top pass rusher? I'm not talking about a D-Lineman like Wilkerson, Richardson, or Williams. I'm talking about an edge rusher. I couldn't complain if the Jets did that. They haven't had a legitimate one since John Abraham and that's such a key part to any defense.

49 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Period.

they may make a bid for cousins but it also may fail.  imo they will take a qb whether it be in round one or later depends on them signing a good free agent qb.

58 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

As much as I hate to say it, I agree! 

If all QBs do enter the draft, Dnarold & Rosen are the first 2 gone. If some really loves Allen they'll trade up to 3, I don't see the Jets doing that. 

So we'll be left w/ Mayfield or Jackson. I don't think Mac goes for either of those guys. So we're left w/ some other top prospect & either signing Kirk Cousins or Keenum or we have a rinse repeat of this year w/ McCown back at QB & Hack backing him up w/ whatever rookie project QB they draft. 

I originally was for Keenum if we couldn’t land Cousins but Keenum scares me because he only has one year of stellar performance and his arm is not that great. 

Archived