With Darnold having subpar year and Browns knowing Rosen doesn't want to play for them they may be willing to trade the pick.

Jetsbb

Rumors came out the Browns GM loves Allen and you don't want a player with Rosen's personality that doesn't want to play for you. Is Sam Darnold looked at so highly as he was in the beginning of the year? Maccagnon needs to make a real strong offer not tip toe like he always does.

1 minute ago, Jetsbb said:

Rumors came out the Browns GM loves Allen and you don't want a player with Rosen's personality that doesn't want to play for you. Is Sam Darnold looked at so highly as he was in the beginning of the year? Maccagnon needs to make a real strong offer not tip toe like he always does.

I expect the Browns to trade down, and I also expect Mac to make a big push now with both of these studs confirmed to be in the draft, and also due to the fact we've been heavily scouting them adn like what we see. Let's only hope that we get something done.

14 minutes ago, Larz said:

I would call his bluff 

The stuff about him not wanting to go to the Browns was never confirmed by Rosen as far as I know anyway 

And it probably won't be.  He probably said to a buddy over a few beers he'd rather go to the Giants then the Browns, and the story got turned around that he wouldn't play for the Browns.  Better story

44 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Are these rumors from the same source that said a couple of hours ago that Darnold wasn't coming out and then he came out within hours?

Listen to nothing that comes out this time of year. It's all misdirection and fake information. Anyone that posts a rumor that turns out to be true is just lucky. 

34 minutes ago, Larz said:

I would call his bluff 

The stuff about him not wanting to go to the Browns was never confirmed by Rosen as far as I know anyway 

He also wasn't mentioning who hadn't  declared yet and prob just answered a question when asked, that he loves him.

49 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

link? 

44 minutes ago, Larz said:

I would call his bluff 

It really was. He was quoted saying “I’d rather be selected lower to the right team than higher than the wrong one.”

pretty obvious what Josh meant.

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

Everybody would sign up for that until they see the price tag to trade up from 6 to 1.

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

Anyone who thinks Darnold actually had a sub par year stopped watching him after September, or just doesn’t know what they are actually watching, or just looking at box scores.

50 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Darnold will be there at 6.  He stinks.  And we will take him.

Darnold being able to read through progressions is the only thing that scares me about Darnold. I think Rosen scares off the Browns goes to the Giants and darnold goes to the Browns. 

As of right now, I think the draft will go like this (the Browns still having hope for Kizer and having picked up Bridgewater as insurance. The Broncos having signed Cousins after clearing space by cutting troublemaker Aqib Talib). Some wishful thinking going on.

1. Browns - S. Barkley - Another nice piece for an offense that will be really set up once a QB settles down. If Kizer cannot cut it, Bridgewater can be inserted as a solid QB who will win games in their offense. While Duke is a nice player, Barkley will get fans that much more excited and he is a highlight waiting to happen. Browns decide they are not in love with Rosen (nor he with them), they figure Darnold is flawed, and they can take a flier on a QB with one of their later picks anyway. They take the "sure thing"

2. Giants - J. Rosen - Giants like a dropback QB who can throw lasers, and who can digest a defense. That is Rosen. They believe that they have the foundation to ground him. They like that he is pro-ready and can step in when Eli shows age (or even before that if Rosen looks good enough).

3. Colts - B. Chubb - Colts have a wealth at QB so they aren't in the market. They talk to teams about a trade down but there's not much interest going (most teams have addressed the need in FA. Broncos have Cousins, 9ers have Garoppolo, Skins have Bradford, Jaguars have Alex Smith. Cardinals make an offer but they are picking at 15 and Colts decide to pick up a legit passrusher instead of taking a huge drop down to 15.

4. Browns - M. Fitzpatrick - Browns helped out their offense earlier and they decide to pick up their highest rated defensive player. They also considered R. Smith as LB.

5. Broncos - Q. Nelson - Having signed Cousins, they're out of the QB conversation. They consider adding Calvin Ridley or James Washington as a playmaker but decide to stick with D.Thomas and E. Sanders for one more year. They want to protect their new prized possession QB.

6. Jets - S. Darnold - With only McCown and Hackenberg at the QB position, the Jets once again have a hole at the most important spot in sports. MacCagnan looks at his scores and notes that he has Q. Nelson and D. Payne rated higher than Darnold. Reluctantly, but knowing that his job is on the line, and that his whole reputation will depend on his getting a QB, he takes the flawed but talented USC QB. All Jets fans weep. Some from joy, some from despair.

8 minutes ago, cant wait said:

call me crazy but I want no part of rosen. stories of teammates not liking him sounds like geno smith redux. I could see elway taking a chance on him maybe but him and the jets just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen

yea they hated him a lot....

i really, really can't see them trading out of the pick. Think about it, and the cosmic level sh*t they've been eating since forever. About trading out of Wentz. Out of Julio... how they've defied the odds be drafting every worst QB ever. 

Whomever they settle on being "the one" will be drafted #1, regardless of popular polling. I was raised by browns fans. I've seen horror up close. They won't fck around this year.

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

yea they hated him a lot....

I'm just saying what I've heard- no doubt the kid is talented but if there are questions about his maturity and dedication he's going to need the right support system in place if he's going to take it to the next level. FWIW I believe that was the issue with rodgers coming out of cal too

The Browns are not trading out of either pick. They have a shot to add 2 major pieces on Offense and will do so. They are not going to go with a FA and keep Kizer. No way. I believe its a QB at 1(whomever that may be) and Barkley or an OL at 4. How many times do you have 2 out of the top 4 picks? You have to use them to better the team when you have been as inept as that franchise has been.

4 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

The Browns are not trading out of either pick. They have a shot to add 2 major pieces on Offense and will do so. They are not going to go with a FA and keep Kizer. No way. I believe its a QB at 1(whomever that may be) and Barkley or an OL at 4. How many times do you have 2 out of the top 4 picks? You have to use them to better the team when you have been as inept as that franchise has been.

Totally agree. I think the Jet target to trade up will be the Colts.

1 minute ago, RichardTodd27 said:

No way Browns trade down and miss out on another stud QB.

There GM is too smart.

Disagree.  I think it’s 50/50 they trade down because Darnold may force him to by threatening to sit out like Eli did

8 hours ago, cant wait said:

call me crazy but I want no part of rosen. stories of teammates not liking him sounds like geno smith redux. I could see elway taking a chance on him maybe but him and the jets just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen

Hasn't he also gotten two concussions just this year alone? I could certainly picture that being an issue going forward, unless the refs treat him like Brady where they blow the whistle when someone gets too close to him lol.

It makes sense that Allen will improve his draft status the farther he gets from his awful season and the more scouts see him throwing in shorts and become mesmerized by his measurables. I could certainly see this happening.

Here's an interesting aspect. With a #1 pick QB in the fold, Kizer becomes expendable. He's young, talented and unrefined. I could see the Pats trading a 4th or 5th round pick for Kizer and grooming him as Brady's successor.

Archived